altdorf and desktop crashing

Caylan Raal

Fledgling Freddie
Seems im fooked - cant get out of altdorf - crash to desktop every few mins when in the city... and then a joyous 30 min wait to get back in and try to get back out the city.

Is this just me or anyone else have difficulties in Altdorf? Everywhere else in game seems fine :(

Cybwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Before today all of the CTDs I'd had were in Altdorf (and strangely enough all around market square) but had another one today on the road in High Pass.

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
Use your book of binding. I crash everytime i enter Altdorf but if i relog inside i'm fine. I have a friend who has the same problem as you and he forgot where the porter was to top it off! :p

Caylan Raal

Fledgling Freddie
Before today all of the CTDs I'd had were in Altdorf (and strangely enough all around market square) but had another one today on the road in High Pass.

aye market square does seem more suspect - was actually ok for 5 mins when i got to the far south of the city earlier.

The whole "que to get in" thing needs to be worked around somehow - crashing out and havin to wait 20-30 mins to get back in is whats really annoyin

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
I have similar issues in Altdorf. All drivers are the latest, DX is the current version. High (very) spec machine, good internet connection. It's not constant crashing though.

The fact that i get a texture overflow message once in a while after the crash suggests some models in altdorf weren't skinned properly. Bug reported it over a dozen times to date (which is about 1/10th of the number of times it's happened).

I also got this when i played the Beta repeatedly and it was much worse then - so they've clearly worked on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom