Almost definately life out there says scientists...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
There's billions of stars, millions of galaxies, countless of planets so there MUST be life in space..

...yeah, here. Only one can win that lottery :p

Seriously though, fun numbers.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
I'll wait for us to find intelligent life somewhere in the universe to be exited.
We haven't even found it on earth yet so perhaps it is a myth :D

Marc

FH is my second home
The Drake equation has been saying whats in that article for years

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
How the hell could this guy calculate the chances for life to exist somewhere when we have no idea how it began here?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
If we are here there is absolutely no reason why there isn't life elsewhere. Anyone who thinks otherwise is plain dumb.

Whether they have actually visited us is another question though.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
There are no aliens, what so ever

Prove me wrong motherfuckers

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
There are no aliens, what so ever

Prove me wrong motherfuckers

There are... because i say so!!!! (this being an internet forum, i really don't have to present any real facts or arguments, just saying so makes it the truth)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
CorNokZ has a point though, plenty of atheists who believe in ETs(we are aliens afterall), which makes my irony gland pulsate :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
CorNokZ has a point though, plenty of atheists who believe in ETs(we are aliens afterall), which makes my irony gland pulsate :p

How so? What has a spiritual god got to do with organic life? Maybe "god" is an alien life form? Maybe its not. I call myself an atheist, thats because I don't believe in some dude sitting on a cloud (or whatever) handing out weird challenges to gain entry into utopia, you make your own fortune in this world, expecting some deity to give or take it from you is lazy.

There are billions of galaxies which hold billions of stars, we are spotting more planets outside of our solar system every day. The simple fact that we are here proves that life is possible under the right conditions. Why couldn't the right conditions exist on other planets?

Its not something that really bothers me as I don't believe they have been visiting us and I doubt we would be able to visit them. Naturally this would depend on technology, we only think of things as getting from point A to point B and the energy that is needed but there are theories on bending space, worm holes and whatnot, that could work. Humanity has made an arse out of common science since we started to venture out of our own settlements. It used to be scientific fact that the earth was flat and the sun revolved around the earth. Its best not to write off any theory on future technology until its proved false. In the last 100 years or so we have gone from pretty basic generation of power to splitting the atom and even recently attempting to mess about with it even further, who knows where that will lead?

As I say even if you gave life a 1 in 1,000,000,000 chance to exist in any single solar system you are still looking at pretty good odds of life existing elsewhere and to say its impossible for life to exist is just silly.

Ormorof

FH is my second home

i also giggle when ultra-religious types dismiss sci-fi however, "what! people with superpowers who can do amazing things! would never happen!" :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Because of the favorite atheist mantra "prove god exists".

No proof, no god.

Isn't that what they say?

If you believe in alien life forms, flying spaghetti monster of buddha isn't that far fetched.

Though the flying spaghetti monster is more viable, given that monsters are real.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH

No proof, no god.

If you believe in alien life forms, flying spaghetti monster of buddha isn't that far fetched.

Though the flying spaghetti monster is more viable, given that monsters are real.

"In an infinite Universe anything can happen, Even survival. Strange but true."

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Given the numbers, I'm absolutely convinced there is intelligent life out there..although I would say that the chances of humans actually coming into contact with them are remote.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie

No proof, no god.

Not all of them tbh.

The general rule of science is you assume the most likely thing is true until proven otherwise. There being some bloke sat on a cloud isn't very likely. There being some other form of life out there given the number of other planets is fairly likely.
It doesn't mean that aliens are definately out there. It means that as long as it remains more likely that there are aliens out there than there isn't then you should assume that they probably are.

The general difference between the 2 groups of people is that your average god lover will refuse to accept any facts that mean his god doesn't exist or is less likely to exist. Your average athiest will view the possibility of aliens based on all the facts given to him and accept new facts when they turn up, regardless of how it effects the chances of his aliens existing.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
thats like storming into a crowded room, yelling "Shut up ! Listen everyone: I saw something just now" and then walking out of the room

I've done that *shrug* You get questioned alot.. Nah, something about the government having to hide the identiy and locations of aliens o_o

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Not all of them tbh.

The general rule of science is you assume the most likely thing is true until proven otherwise. There being some bloke sat on a cloud isn't very likely. There being some other form of life out there given the number of other planets is fairly likely.
It doesn't mean that aliens are definately out there. It means that as long as it remains more likely that there are aliens out there than there isn't then you should assume that they probably are.

The general difference between the 2 groups of people is that your average god lover will refuse to accept any facts that mean his god doesn't exist or is less likely to exist. Your average athiest will view the possibility of aliens based on all the facts given to him and accept new facts when they turn up, regardless of how it effects the chances of his aliens existing.

Bla bla bla...if you believe in aliens and deny all possibility in any deity, it's ironic.

The problem with atheists, science folk and religious types is simple; they know sh*t all about the other way of life and judge it by theirs.

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
Tohtori, golena explained his case well enough to make everyone realise that yours is wrong.

Religion is for the simple people. Dont prove that you're one of them by continuing this argument.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom