Crap Almost certain to go stir crazy...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
See now, the thing with a wireless keyboard and mouse, slight disturbance with the connection or the battery, they start chopping and acting up. Also, you need to handle these two items while lying down, in bed, which together makes it massively annoying sometimes.

Skyrim's a f*cking FPS ffs. How can you possibly say you're not hobbled by the use of a controller? Freelook on an xbox controller over a mouse. Are you mad?

This one's been done to death with Aada the console fanboi (just before he ragequit when I pointed out that Valve themselves think xbox controllers are so shit for FPS's (and many other games) that they're designing their own).

I lie on a sofa, legs up on a table, keyboard in lap, telly before me, mouse to my right. All is good with the world. Took about an hour to get used to it.

A mate has bought a keyboard and mouse for his xbox btw. He now officially owns at Battlefield. Totally rapes 'em :)

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I don't know how anyone can argue in favor of a controller over mouse and WASD for FPS. But then again my first experience with a good FPS was counter strike. I think that ay have been part of the reason I never got into Halo.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Skyrim's a f*cking FPS ffs. How can you possibly say you're not hobbled by the use of a controller? Freelook on an xbox controller over a mouse. Are you mad?

This one's been done to death with Aada the console fanboi (just before he ragequit when I pointed out that Valve themselves think xbox controllers are so shit for FPS's (and many other games) that they're designing their own).

I lie on a sofa, legs up on a table, keyboard in lap, telly before me, mouse to my right. All is good with the world. Took about an hour to get used to it.

A mate has bought a keyboard and mouse for his xbox btw. He now officially owns at Battlefield. Totally rapes 'em :)

I said, under the best of circumstances I'd always take a mouse and keyboard over a controller, but sometimes, when I'm lazy or just incapacitated (as it is in this thread) a controller is way way better. Skyrim, an FPS? Ah fuck off, don't be clueless. Yeah, It's optimal playing with mouse and keyboard, but can also be played with the controller unless you are completely inept.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Depends entirely what class you play. For an archer or a mage, controller sucks. For a fighter or assassin then a controller is probably best.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
I'd like to see someone play Dark Souls with a keyboard and mouse tbh.

Gemma the Dog

One of Freddy's beloved
Netflix (free for 1 month trial I believe) + Breaking Bad if you've not seen it....really is one of the best series I've seen in a long time, and they have all 5 seasons on Netflix.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Open world RPG, not a FPS and it's also third person if you so want.

Pedant ;)

In the end, still better with keyboard and mouse. And that gay voice control thing that some ubergeeks have done for the magickz.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
gay voice control thing that some ubergeeks have done for the magickz.

I know for a fact, Scouse, that you recorded He-Mans "I have the power" voice to activate i-win buffs when you get horribly pummeled with your mouse and keyboard. I bet you even stand up with your tank-top and a cheap replica of that sword as well!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
horribly pummeled with your mouse and keyboard

Lol. I'd have to suddenly develop a debilitating hand disease.

The problem with games designed with consoles in mind is that all of the combat is ridiculously easy - to the point of game ruining in many games. Did a dragon ever kill you in Skyrim? Yep? Must have been using a controller then... :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Did a dragon ever kill you in Skyrim? Yep? Must have been using a controller then... :)

Play with deadly dragons and come back saying that :p

That's why PCs don't have to be tweaked in difficulty.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
I love how FH can turn literally ANYTHING into an argument :)

So... Recommended PS3 games?

And yes, i use a controller, and Yes i manage fine with FPS games and controllers.

I am THAT good at "the gaming"

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Sounds ridiculous but a brilliant bloke I know taught himself to crochet. It's very therapeutic. Get well soon. Know what it's like my daughter had a cage put in her broken C7. She was wanting to do things and not being allowed.

This guy?
demman101.jpg

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Learning Chinese is just hipster bolaks that plenty of people are falling for...in China you learn English to get ahead ..they would be rather amused by our attempts to learn Chinese..given thst theres a few versions anyway..if youre English they would expect you to speak it and improve theirs in doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom