Alliances and Keep Defence.

T

[TP]Darksbane

How many alliances does Albion currently have?
i know Lac and herbal once mentioned trying to organise a larger alliance, i think we need it more than ever these days.
Albion only seems to be reacting once a keep falls. at a guess i would have to say this is due to lack of communication. Tildas post with ppl to contact is a step in the right direction, but it would be 10X easier if more guilds were in the same alliance.
i know ppl will say it wont work it didnt work last time it was tried.
but IMO if it was organised properly it could work. The first way would be that each GM from each guild participating created a alt and created a new guild giving it a neutral name. this would show that not 1 guild is in charge or is better or worse than the next.
I know some guilds like to have /as as a friendly chat etc, but IMO is its for RvR info in our realm, or any other raids on other realms or large scale events like sidi raids etc.
if all guilds agreed to run /as privs on officer use only or even created a "trusted rank" within their guild so peeps guilds think should have /as can.

If we had one large alliance. the chances are that the keeps claimed in the frontier would be under control from guilds in that alliance. so ANY patrols whacked would have a much larger response in half the time it takes for us to get together atm.

a lot of the problem with this would be that ppl dont like other guilds, for multiple reasons, but been in one alliance doest meen we have to be best friends with each other. the main purpose of /as is to pass info, and a large alliance would provide this.

This is just my opinion, would like to hear what other ppl think.

T

Trinilim

LoD currently has an alliance with SF, and, being the friendly and talkative people we are, we often 'spam' alliance chat back and forth between each other. We enjoy talking to other guilds, just for fun, tell jokes and stories and whatnot.

With all the guilds in albion, this would not only cause us to stop what we like doing, but it would also cause many problems as to what would be considered 'spam' or not.

Would '2fg mids at e-amg' be considered spam?

To some guilds it is.

Would 'Heya all, how's the situation in rvr?' be considered spam?

To some guilds it is.

Would 'How is the situation at Renaris?' be considered spam?

To some guilds it is.

That's the #1 problem, different guilds have different ideas as to what 'spam' is, and this would cause conflict and argument.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Large alliance won't work...been tried before...didn't work. End of story.

O

old.FIN

all alliances can work, if they react!!!

mostly peeps just read whats on AC and some of them shut it down because of stupid msg's like " can some1 PL my lvl 5 alt" or "buying D seals" etc etc

if info is given in AC, then read it, act whats needed and pass info forward---- u know peeps from other aliances, PM it to that allaince, takes time 10 secs--info passed forward, peeps now know it.

if no1 reacts then thats other issue then.

P

pbaz

Originally posted by [DF]Darksbane
I know some guilds like to have /as as a friendly chat etc, but IMO is its for RvR info in our realm, or any other raids on other realms or large scale events like sidi raids etc.

And there lies the real problem m8:

In your opinion /as is for "important" info.

In my opinion, /as is an open chat channel between our allied guilds...

That's the real source of friction - people want very, very different things from /as. And you just can't force people to play a game in any way other than how they want to play it.

Now, of course, there's no harm in trying to integrate some of the larger alliances who already use /as in a similar way... Maybe that would work! :)

K

kirennia

the minute we got more then 6 guard deathspams at sursbrooke the other day, informed the 4 largest alliances, they told people on /as, and the invaders were killed. Simple really, just think of a big guild, do /who *** and pm a member to inform the alliance. Do it a few times and hopefully that will mean the keep is defended. If we all did this then there would be no need for a serious /as if info can b passed around quickly anyways.

B

bracken_woodman

Imo most effective way is informal links between alliances (in the way tilda suggested) - works far better than trying to force everyone into one big alliance where everyone has different ideas as to how /as should operate.

R

RD_MuDgEtH

Although the idea of creating one big alliance is a bit far fetched, as seen from the posts here, perhaps we should scale it down a bit.

When I look at Duskwave, I see that some alliances have 2 or 3 Guilds in them, and I think, whats the reasoning behind that?

If even 2 or 3 of these smaller alliances were to join up, it would be better for everyone, and having a neutral leading guild would also help.

Currently RoC is in the DDs alliance. Recently we,a s an alliance, have scaled up our RvR activites and have become more active. As soon as some guards got killed from Erasleigh when we had it, we put a warning out in /as chat - perhaps it was some roaming guards? But if more die, then we put a Call to Arms out, and ask people nicely to help go and defend. This worked well for the time we held Eras.

Also, I happen to be friends with Bowen, of ASq. He is probably bored of me messaging him with details of an attempted keep raid when someone in our Alliance mentions it - but he keeps on coming, and often brings 2fg's of fighters with him to our aid - Thanks m8 :))

S

skile

Albion United, old big alliance with the biggest guilds. Didn't work, dunno why.

T

Tigerius

I thought AU worked, but I don't think it would be working for the moment either. It's not what my guild is looking for anyway. And yes the largest problem is different points of focus, people have different interests and want different things from an alliance.

R

Rawkir

Well strife is currently allied to GoL, BF's and HB.. Our views on how alliance should be used is mainly worked on common sense.. if somebody is spamming, a polite message to a respected member/officer/gm of the offending persons guild will 99% of the time resolve the situation. Between the four guilds we have enough people to do pretty much anything we want, so expanding is not really on our list of priorities.

R

ReaLX

/as is imo the best way to be friends with guilds without merging...

GOA/Mythic should add another chat channel in which only GM's can send out some sort of "Broadcast" message to other GM's who have i.e. /broadcast ON...
So /broadcast RR INC would spam all GM's online who want to see it....

/as is for all members, use it ;)

B

Bleri McThrust

Originally posted by skile
Albion United, old big alliance with the biggest guilds. Didn't work, dunno why.

Ego's were the problem in those days :( and it just all erupted over /as one day. People have moved on since then become more experienced, some may have even mellowed :p but even so I cant ever see it happening again.

B

Bleri McThrust

Originally posted by ReaLX
[BGOA/Mythic should add another chat channel in which only GM's can send out some sort of "Broadcast" message to other GM's who have i.e. /broadcast ON...
So /broadcast RR INC would spam all GM's online who want to see it....

[/B]

Next patch we get bigger CG's and even passworded CG's and multiple Moderaters :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom