Alliance Guild Limits

R

Roo Stercogburn

This is what I just sent to Mythic, copied and pasted from the feedback form I filled in. Its the umpteenth one I've sent (no response). I'm upping the level of annoyance til I get a response. If anyone is not already aware, I've been pushing this issue for several months now.

Kemor and/or Zargar, I'd appreciate if you could help raise the profile of this one, I've had to turn away 5 very nice guilds in the last 4 days from allying because of this ridiculous problem.

This issue is spoiling the game for a lot of players and causing immense frustration.

Alliance Guild Limit
--------------------

This currently limits you to 20 guilds allied + leader guild. I don't know any guild that doesn't have issues with this limit. It really needs to be at least doubled.

The basis of RvR is cooperation. However, for people to enjoy the game with likeminded players better, you find lots of small guilds that are willing to work together when something demands it, but for general play, prefer their smaller, cozier guild.

The DAoC alliance system effectively kills this stone dead since players are pressured into joining large guilds all the time if they want AS access.

The guild I GM, Fedaykin, are the lead guild in an alliance and almost daily I'm having to turn away nice people from allying because of this limit.

I would really appreciate if this problem could be sorted and the appropriate hard coding changed to make RvR a better experience for all.

I

inqy

aye, due to this we've finally given up and joined our high level mains to a larger guild. It's very sad it's come to this, but it's the only way forward for us. :(

regardless xpd are still alive, just even more shrunk and still interested in joining the alliance if this gets sorted roo. :D

E

Eltharion

couldn't agree more ;)

Hope something will be done about this and nice initiave...

:bazbeer:

F

Flimgoblin

that was chat groups... and it was a few patches ago :)

O

old.Glendower

Mythic needs a clue

Mythic also needs to put in zonewide and realmwide channels...all this crap of limiting the ability of the players to talk to each other defeats the spirit of in-game community and pisses people off.

But of course they are standing on their hands on this, just like so many other things.

I

inqy

oh pls no. /broadcast is bad enough in cities/towns sometimes. don't need the same idiots spamming a global channel.

spam = bad

not to mention all the extra network traffic this would cause. imagine if someone starting flooding the global channel during a keep/relic raid. goodbye server.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Hope this does get improved. Good luck Roo.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

It's a very arbitrary limit, and obviously too small.

I can see the need for a limit, though, otherwise everyone and their grandmother would be creating their own one-person guilds and just sticking them in an alliance for the social stuff they get from their guild.

No problem with shifting the limit up to a slightly higher arbitrary number, though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom