Allakhazam Wowreader thingy

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
I was using a site called WoW PM to upload my profile details here, but it seems to be being a bit crappy as of late, so I've been looking at the Allakhazam version. I like the idea of being able to upload data and items also, without the hassle of bits I don't really want from Cosmos. Has anyone else tried this Allakhazam thingy? I downloaded the reader and installed it in the WoW folder where it told me to, but when I start up it doesn't really do anything.

Dumb question, but do I log in with my Allakhazam user and pass or my WoW one on the little popup box? Do I have to load the game first for it to work maybes? Can't atm obviously because the servers are down. Am I going mad? I can't find any instructions!

mts

Fledgling Freddie
im using that one, works very good for me. just launch the wowreader thingy and log in with your allakhazam info before you start the game and then when you are done playing and quit the game just update it.

oh and remember to enable it inside the game under 'addons'. it was off per default for me, i think its called 'Wr'.

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Aah great, that makes more sense. So basically I run the little programme thingy, go play, and when I logout there will be info to upload?

Not sure what you mean by "enable" it tho. The files in the addons folder don't seem to do anything.

Or do you mean in the game on the character login screen?

SoWat

Loyal Freddie
You don't need to start the wowreader.exe before you start WoW, just run it after you log out and upload your details.

As mentioned above, just ensure that the Addon is enabled in WoW's menu and you're done.

You will need to register with Allakhazam to be able to store your character(s), so don't forget to do that either!

Here's my wee Gnome Rogue as an example.

mts

Fledgling Freddie
yeah meant the addon button in the char screen, for some strange reason it was off per default unlike every other addon i have installed that was on.

and seems you dont have to run it before play either, totally forgot about that (thanks sowat) =)

i reckon that the addon stores information about the character when you play and then the wowreader thingy just extracts it when you are done playing

edit: heres my warrior, but a couple of days outdated tho

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
can anyone link to that profile reader? I'd like to install it, thx :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom