Fact All your [work] are belong to us!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Nah - they are trying to sucker people by using legal niceties when they talk about 'ownership'.

When you produce a photo or other work you automatically gain the copyright - you own it effectively.

What instagrab are doing is saying - fine you own it but your giving us a free license to use it as we please without acknowledgement and royalty free.

"Proprietary Rights in Content on Instagram

1. Instagram does NOT claim ANY ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, or any other materials (collectively, "Content") that you post on or through the Instagram Services. By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or through the Instagram Services, you hereby grant to Instagram a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, worldwide, limited license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and translate such Content, including without limitation distributing part or all of the Site in any media formats through any media channels, except Content not shared publicly ("private") will not be distributed outside the Instagram Services."
Edit - the above is from their terms of service.

I lie the way they say limited but its world wide royalty free to use modify show in publicetcetc .. Not really limited to much . Guess they don't claim they can fap over it.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
A lot of breaking news footage in the media is coming from Joe Hipster with an iPhone. Historically an expensive photo journalist was required, but they're getting paid off given the volume of content out there. This opens another door for cheap, easy, up to date content that will line Facebook's pockets and not the photographers.

Not just Joe Hipster, even the BBC do it. Some of the recent footage of Syria was taken with iPhones. The BBC have developed their own apps to edit, add audio commentary and upload the video to their London HQ. Saw a presentation on this and their standard Satellite mobile kit back in October. Very interesting stuff.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Get reddit/4chan on it. I'm thinking it would take those guys 4 hours to fill the instagram servers with cockpictures as a protest.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Not just Joe Hipster, even the BBC do it. Some of the recent footage of Syria was taken with iPhones.

When I say Joe Hipster, I'm referring to anyone and everyone in the public, anywhere and anywhen (I said Joe Hipster as an update to the Joe Plumber / Joe Average meaning your average person).

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Funny how everyone is outraged when a company profits from their work. How many here are similarly outraged when you illegally download a film from the internet?

Facebook et al are free. If they want to use my pictures, why should I give a fuck?

Fweddy

FH is my second home
instagram.png

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
When I say Joe Hipster, I'm referring to anyone and everyone in the public, anywhere and anywhen (I said Joe Hipster as an update to the Joe Plumber / Joe Average meaning your average person).

Well, it read like as not average joe but a hip and trendy joe who knew tech. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom