Alienware

W

Will

Because they can.

Someone buy me one of their laptops please.

W

Will

Serious answer...you are paying for the Alienware brand. They project a certain image; they suggest, especially to people who are unsure about PCs, that they are top of the line gaming rigs with a price premium.

And they do look sexy.

B

Big G

Will,

That's what i was thinking; apart from the sexy image and the "custom built to your order" status i really didn't see what extra i was paying for and thought i was missing something glaringly obvious (such as a free BJ from a large breasted blonde when it gets delivered).

G

X

Xavier

Ok, this is what alienware think makes their system special

a big 'how to install' colour poster

an everglide mousemat bearing their logo

an alienware t-shirt

spray painted case, keyboard and mouse in one of six vile colours

alien autopsy diagnostic applications

rebranded rivatuner-esque overclocking tools

ugly as sin cases

oh, and if you ever want to upgrade any product in the warranty period they'll sell you it at cost and install it for free, only costing shipping - good for total plebs who are too scared to 'unleash the screwdriver'. That bit is *maybe* good.

Oh, and Will, their laptops are made by Medion, buy one direct and spray it yourself for a 40-50% saving ;)

W

wyrd_fish

i agree... there cases are nasty...

although there £3k machine got a good PCF review, the only downside being the price

W

Wilier

Originally posted by wyrd_fish
i agree... there cases are nasty...

although there £3k machine got a good PCF review, the only downside being the price

You could build their £3k machine yourself for about £2k, and make it look far prettier.

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by Wilier
You could build their £3k machine yourself for about £2k, and make it look far prettier.

exactly.

C

Clowneh!

You could buy a pair of Hi-tech trainers for £10 and they still do the same thing as £120 Nike ones.... I still wouldn't tho :p

T

Testin da Cable

ah, but a computer isn't a pair of shoes, though I wouldn't know much about fashion. I wasn't really into kitting myself out with the latest thing everyone's wearing.
nearly anyone can mod a case into something a lot prettier than an alienware box if they're willing to put some thought into it, but in the end people will do what they must. personally I'd prefer a standard iso-beige case with some mad parts inside that I scrounged off the interweb at rock bottom prices than a big green thing that costs 5 grand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom