Alienware

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
I build my own for the simple reason its been cheaper, and my pc is always evolving around itself. If i had the money to buy a new system every year prehaps i would buy one but for now im happy. Plus i havent seen a reputable retailer who sells aluminium encased pcs :p

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Any aluminium Lian-Li case is nicer than an Alienware 'design'. :)

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Clown said:
Le Shuttle!

SG51B
2.66 ghz
1 gig Corsair DDRAM
80 gig Maxtor HD (salvaged from my old comp)
Hercules Radeon 9800 pro
+ tacky illumination stuff majiggers
=
1200.- Euros or less.

Looks fantastic and runs even better. Le Shuttle for teh win. Werd.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Check out a company called Demonite They are doing the same kind of NIche thing as Alienware but at a lot lower price. Worth a look at

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Shuttle for the win :)

Sg61g2
P4 2.6C
1 gig geil 3200
Hercules 9800 pro
120GB S-ATA
CD-RW/DVD combi

Just under a grand.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Good god, I found myself trying to read the signature there thinking the actual post was a post title. You sure it's big enough there Conchabar?

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Systems always seem too expensive, and there's usually always *something* you don't want/need in it.

In alienware's case - the case is gonna be under the desk, so do you care if it's green or whatever? As long as it's made of aluminium, isn''t too noisy and keeps the temperature down, thats all it needs.... most aluminium cases are pretty good looking anyway, and the parts would probably still come cheaper than the overall Alienware system.
Besides, these days, who needs monitor, keyboard, mouse speakers, etc. anyway?
That said, sometimes you get some really nice full system deals... my dad bought one, where all the parts together were worth around 1200 quid.... and he only paid 899 for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom