Aliens

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Has potential I guess. Taken from IGN

"
BY LUCY O'BRIENNeill Blomkamp's upcoming Alien movie will carry on Ellen Ripley's story from James Cameron's Aliens, and ignore the sequels that came later.

In an interview with Sky News (during a promotional tour for Blomkamp's upcoming sci-fi flick Chappie), Blomkamp and Sigourney Weaver revealed that they intend to give Ripley a "proper finish" - one the pair don't think was achieved in Alien 3 or Alien: Resurrection.

"I want this film to feel like it's literally the genetic sibling of Aliens," said Blomkamp. "So it's Alien, Aliens, and then this movie".

"I would love to take Ripley out of orbiting around in space, and give a proper finish to her story", said Weaver.

Considering the twists and turns that came later, it's easy to forget that Alien was originally pitched as "Jaws in space"; a sinister tone Blomkamp wants to recapture.

"It's a Freudian nightmare. That element to me is what is so appealing," said Blomkamp. "To try to put the audience on the edge of their seat, in a traditional 'monster stalking you in a dark corridor way".

It's a bit of a blow to fans of the sequels, but it's hard to argue against taking Alien back to its horror roots. After all, there's a reason why the sound of that motion tracker still sends chills up our spines so many years later.

Neill Blomkamp's new Alien is yet to have a release date attached.
globhead_dpad_red.png
"

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ripley got a proper ending when she dived into lava, clutching a chest buster as it was bursting through her chest, no?

Or did I dream that?

I'm not really fussed with meeting Ripley again but there's plenty of scope for a proper original Aliens movie. It's a great 'baddie' - it's not even bad. It just is[/]..

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Can't disagree with scratching 3-4, make a proper sequel to the good ones :p

Well ok 4 had some cool looking moments like the underwater scene.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
They could do a lot worse than basing it on the Dark Horse comics that came after Aliens; way better than Alien3 etc.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Have to admit like Alien 3 was utter gash, for its time it may have been decent but looking back at it now as an adult its just.... arse, as was resurrection. I assume since this ignores Alien 3 that Hicks and Newt will still be alive as well, would be nice to see Michael Biehn reprise the role of Hicks... think the girl that played Newt fell off the grid as far as movies go though.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Fincher disowned Alien 3 due to the massive amount of interference from the studio on that one. Though frankly you can't blame the studio for everything, Fincher was completely the wrong director in the first place. Sci-fi is so not his genre.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I've been wanking over Blomkamp doing an Alien/s-esque film ever since the rumou mill started up a month or two ago. I really liked District 9 and I hope he can manage a similar bleak settting. I've always felt that the grim, rough and ready visiage of the Alien universe, the Blade Runner universe was much more likely than the squeaky clean Star Wars / Star Trek views. Tbh I think NB can pull it off. Not too sure about Chappie though, heh.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I'll get excited for any Blomkamp film, I'm that kind of sucker. Can't wait to see Chappie.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Alien and Aliens were just the bollox, anything else produced was just fucking dire but I had to watch it due to my love of the first two films. Hope this is worthy.

I remember watching Alien on VHS around my Mum's friends house when I was just a nipper, shit myself on the way home (all of 50 yards) and then buried myself under a duvet so tightly with fear. Absolutely awesome film that I will forever remember.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
I absolutely love the Alien franchise, i think there's good stuff in all of the movies, the special effects in Alien3 is horrible, and that gets me sad every time i watch it, but over all i love all of them.

District 9 was awesome, and Chappie looks interesting now that I've seen a few more trailers, my first impression was "poooooo". My only concern is that Blomkamp won't make it futuristic enough. The Ailen universe have to me always felt like squeeky clean with a thick layer of dirt and sooth, about to break down. It screams space and spaceships while District 9 (and what I've seen of Chappie) very much say "we are on earth - in the future".

Alien belongs in space.

With all that said... More Alien movies - weeeeeeeeeeeeee! *schoolgirl squeel*

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Alien and Aliens were just the bollox, anything else produced was just fucking dire but I had to watch it due to my love of the first two films. Hope this is worthy.

I remember watching Alien on VHS around my Mum's friends house when I was just a nipper, shit myself on the way home (all of 50 yards) and then buried myself under a duvet so tightly with fear. Absolutely awesome film that I will forever remember.

1st time I saw Aliens I was stoned. Which was...interesting.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
one time I watched the Aliens director's cut at a mate's and had to bike home at 2am. I stopped at a traffic light and suddenly had a mental image of the motion tracker going off. suffice to say I attained speeds I usually only dream of.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Yeah but how do you resurrect Hudson, maybe you could spin that they merely pulled him down and entombed him so deep he survived the blast then he crawled out the wreckage with a sharp stick...cos..you know Hudson has to be in it.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yeah but how do you resurrect Hudson, maybe you could spin that they merely pulled him down and entombed him so deep he survived the blast then he crawled out the wreckage with a sharp stick...cos..you know Hudson has to be in it.

If only :p guess we'll just have to make do with Hicks and possibly Bishop? he could be rebuilt I guess, wonder if Lance Henrikson has been approached for it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
So long as its not just another cash-in I am looking forward to it. Wouldn't say I am excited because, Hollywood.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Bringing Hudson back would be a terrible idea.

Job

Someone should methodically erase every mention on Alien3 on the net ,buy up every copy and destroy them, burn the script, shoot the director and then nuke it from space to be sure.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I loved Alien Resurrection, so bollocks to the lot of you.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I enjoyed it too, but I haven't watched it in over a decade. I'm sure sub 15 year old me was an idiot. (Confirmed, I've seen my FH posts from when I joined this forum.)

Job

I liked Ressurection, it was a good movie and more importantly didn't trounce on Aliens, which was unforgivable,

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
I liked Alien 3 because of the actors, the special effects though were garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom