Alexander!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Sorry for anyone who may have liked this move but OMG!!!!!!111111

prehaps im being unfair as i only watched the 1st 20 minutes of it but after seeing that much i had to move my sorry arse off the couch and see something more exciting (the inside of the tumble dryer) the only good thing was the ever lovely angelina jolie, and the horse was nice, oh and theres a cute albino snake too.

Couldnt be bothered to do any research but im guessing the budget for this movie was bigger than king kongs schlong and yet.... they couldnt afford a voice coach for collin "feck me i need a drenk!"farrel!!

"k guys heres what i'ma gonna do, make a huge epic movie of one of histories all time greats and im casting an irishman as a greek, but heres the cool bit...... ready? instead of teaching him the greek accent

<dramatic pause>

im going to get everyone else to put on an irish accent thus the continuity wont be affected and everyone will think ancient greeks spoke like bono!! great hu!"

i mean ffs WHAT THE HELL!
i'd really like to know what the greeks thought of this, why does hollywood do this?? i remember having the misfortune to see a movie called "ticker" and they had dennis hopper playing an irishman and omg his accent was so bad i was crying with laughter through out the movie (which was supposed to be a tence action drama) and "Highlander" man dont get me started, you got a frenchie playing a scottie and a scottie playing a spanyard helloooo? and the worse bit, none of the buggers even tried to do the accent of the country they were supposed to be from!

for all you non brits out there we have soap opra's here and in a couple of them we have folks playing londeners or northerners (very distinctive accents) i was amazed to see the actors who play fred elliot and pat butcher both had queens english accents and one woman off coronation street who spoke like she was a true manchester born gal was actually scottish, which makes me think if bleeding soap actors can be bothered to learn and perfect accents why the hell cant movie actors (who get paid a shit load more, for a lot less work tbh), and if you have to rely on one big actor to make your movie, tbh it isnt worth making in the first place, and the actors shite if they cant even put on an accent.

:twak:
Fin.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
lmao, i agree with you totally:p
the film was fucking dump, im glad i wasnt paying for it!
i thoroughly enjoyed learning about him in history, but that was a disgrace :p

Littlle Git

Fledgling Freddie
i agree too, that film was a pile of shite, was watching it with my gf and her parents and was horrified when we all got a glimes of alexanders scrotum!?!?!? was that really needed? i mean come on ffs

Ezteq

Queen of OT
oh lol i missed that bit, but it just goes to prove my theory that the film was infact a sack of bollocks.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Bah, saw my name and thought this thread was about me, qq :(

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
I think you are very right in what you wrote, disappointing really because I love movies about ancient greek/roman culture.

Oh, and I'm an Alexander as well :D

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Ezteq said:
Proper Film critique!

Spot on, I was mortified when I saw them abusing the Irish accent in that film. Us Irish have enough problems last thing we need is people thinking were greek :D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Vindicator said:
Spot on, I was mortified when I saw them abusing the Irish accent in that film. Us Irish have enough problems last thing we need is people thinking were greek :D
looooool aye cant be offending you guys, and tbh irelands waaaay too cold to be piddling about in sandles and togas.

btw the other 2 movies we watched made up for alex-cant believe i rented this twaddle-ander, kung fu hustle and bad santa.

oh and just after i wrote the 1st post i went in lounge and told bf watch out for the nuts and he looked a bit queezy and said he'd already seen that bit and switched the dvd player off lol, and he never does that, he'll watch something to the bitter end just incase it gets better, Thats how bad it was!

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
Can't be as bad as Troy can it? Surely not!!!! I don't normally walk out of films in the cinema but I had to make an excpetion there I'm afriad!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
This was one film I am really glad I pirated :p Big steaming pile of horse shite!

Deld

Loyal Freddie
So many gay connotations in this film, I thought Alexander was in love with his best friend tbh.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Deld said:
So many gay connotations in this film, I thought Alexander was in love with his best friend tbh.

Probably was, Greeks were renowned for buggering each other

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Ezteq said:
oh lol i missed that bit, but it just goes to prove my theory that the film was infact a sack of bollocks.

i concur :D

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Deld said:

Thats because he was... He sleeps with his man servant in the movie aswell so i dont think there is any debate that in this portrayal he is gay.

Tristessa

One of Freddy's beloved
Apparently countries that have little to no history obviously enjoy screwing up the rest of the world's history. God bless show biz in the land of opportunity! :m00:

P.S = Damn it. Just remembered the Hercules and Xena TV shows and wanna smash something :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well i personally like irish people, those drunken bastids with their blo ho hardy sailboats can bugger up in any movie.

I'd personally love an epic tale of a drunnken irish guy trying to take a ring to london with the help of a few scots and fellow irish peeps.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
I liked the movie.

What`s the big deal about alexander taking a fancy in males anyway ? Was rather normal in Greece tbh.

As a non native english speaker the accents didn`t bother me really. Fake accents (vampires with stupid romanian accents come to mind) ofen prove a lot more annoying to me tbh.

Now give a film about Hannibal.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Muylaetrix said:
Now give a film about Hannibal.
there've been a few tbh please allow me to reinact, ah hem...

<slaps cold bbq chicken skin on face>

Come Here Clarice FaFaFaFaFaFa!!!!

[drinks chianti and flicks a baked bean at seel]

Users who are viewing this thread