Alcoholics rejoice!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
If the recipients are anything like George Best, they'll fuck up their new one

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
I wonder how long it's going to be before we get another group of self righteous christian fuckwits bitching about this being unethical due to some stupid reason.

Cool news though im looking forward to it, although im sort of afraid this may give rise to people killing their livers while thinking "It'll be ok, I can just get a new one!"

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
A new liver, just in time to replace my old rotting and rancid one, joy! :D

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
cHodAX said:
A new liver, just in time to replace my old rotting and rancid one, joy! :D
the time its avaible for people of your standards its too late unfortunatly :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Great! Now if they only come up with a cure to dumba**es driving after a wee shnaps, the beating-your-kid with bottle enthusiasts and the lets-make-wife-clean-my-puke-from-bathroom-with-a-knife wankers....alcoholics can truly rejoice.

About the topic though, great step for medicine. Wish they'd make a pancreas sometime soon so diabetics could be cured.

Oysterboy

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
About the topic though, great step for medicine. Wish they'd make a pancreas sometime soon so diabetics could be cured.

I agree toht, it's a great step for medicine I think and about the pancreas... I think there's still a lot to learn, but hopefully not too many people suffer before we know enough about it. It's not only diabetes though, some people unfortunately get pancreatic (sp?) cancer and as far as I know their prognosa is pretty grim.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Sharma said:
I wonder how long it's going to be before we get another group of self righteous christian fuckwits bitching about this being unethical due to some stupid reason.

I can bitch a bit for you if it feeds your prejudices, but you'd have to give me some arguments I should throw in your face, I'll fill up with 1-2 curses then, that's np.

Oh btw, say thx in the mod board to whoever fixed my inbox bug =))

Oysterboy

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
I can bitch a bit for you if it feeds your prejudices, but you'd have to give me some arguments I should throw in your face, I'll fill up with 1-2 curses then, that's np.

Hallelujah! :)

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
liloe said:

It just seems that my Prejudice's against the morally correct types is correct. :p

You can do anything in this world without someone bitching about it honestly, I see Stem cells as the fastest way to a cure for cancer and yet they're under pressure to stop from an incredible amount of groups because its either "Unethical" or because its "Playing god" and by their logic it's fate you get whatever cancer and they don't care if you die from it since you're not violating their code of practice by dying. :p

And no problem about that, I had to forward it onwards since i'd never came across that problem. ;)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Sharma said:
You can do anything in this world without someone bitching about it honestly, I see Stem cells as the fastest way to a cure for cancer and yet they're under pressure to stop from an incredible amount of groups because its either "Unethical" or because its "Playing god" and by their logic it's fate you get whatever cancer and they don't care if you die from it since you're not violating their code of practice by dying. :p

I'm studying translations and we got a very interesting about cancer curing by killing cancer stem cells. I was quite amazed when I read that text, but I got no idea where it comes from, but if there's interest, I could scan it but I dunno, might violate copyrights. (Can any mod confirm if I'd be allowed to post that or not?)

For me there are two different things. Sheep cloning is totally useless BS and I quite dislike abortion, so I'm rather classic in these areas, but I think helping mankind with experiences on stem cells is something I wouldn't speak up against. Heh, I'm getting all religious again now ^^ but I see it that way. I believe that god made mankind and if he gave them brains, it's not to go and live like 4000y ago =) We got a brain to help ourselves aswell, to push our limits forward as long as it stays within the measures of respecting human life =)

Oysterboy

Fledgling Freddie
There is no god, put them all in the grinder and experiment all you want in my opinion.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
liloe said:
Sheep cloning is totally useless BS
Definately, I think it's pretty damn useless, but it still furthered our understanding a least a little bit as far as replicating human tissue goes.

liloe said:
and I quite dislike abortion so I'm rather classic in these areas
Abortion is a terrible thing but again an incredible amount of morally correct groups pressue this to be completely illegal irrespective of the mental state of the person in question, hell they think it should still be illegal if the woman was RAPED, why should a woman bore the child of someone who had violently attacked her and raped her? I think it's disgusting these groups obstruct the choice of it.

liloe said:
but I think helping mankind with experiences on stem cells is something I wouldn't speak up against. Heh, I'm getting all religious again now ^^ but I see it that way. I believe that god made mankind and if he gave them brains, it's not to go and live like 4000y ago =) We got a brain to help ourselves aswell, to push our limits forward as long as it stays within the measures of respecting human life =)

As has been shown in the past time and time again, justified or not the only way we have been able to further our understanding of biology is basically taking life, executed criminals were used in biological experiments, we wouldn't know about heart functions and veins etc if it was for a backstock of executions (As far as I know). Such things would cause an amazing amount of uproar these days due to the groups that are around and the highground religious factions are given today.

This is why I am so aggressive towards these groups, we have missed so many chances in the interest of furthering the human race, only to be blocked by these groups having a good old moan and hence again we lose the chance of getting somewhere.

I do see from their point of view that using embryo stem cells is wrong because it effectively kills it, but again in my view, the "life" of a baby does not start until it's actually self aware (IE kicking in the womb).

We are getting further and further by having to avoid and bend the rules of these groups, but I can see that in the future at some point when we perfect this organ growing procedure that SOMEONE, at least 1 person will say "This is wrong" and because of the rule of minority first these days, we could lose possibly one of the most valuable keys to longetivity in the interests of a religious group saying "This is wrong as it is against our beliefs".

Of course I will wait until this happens, but I will be incredibly peeved once again if we can make our life spans a lot longer and someone does their best to obstruct this.

Hell there's groups going crazy over cybernetics.

Nate

FH is my second home
i used to hear all the time about Jehovas Witnesses coming to peoples houses with all these stupid(my pov ofc) views on hospitals and being treated, and now it is even my own religion (which i haven't ever really followed tbh, just seemed to be a thing to do when i was born) which is doing it..why don't they stop, it's obviously going to have no effect on the research / action that will be taken in medication, i would have thought any religion would embrace a way of saving lives..seeing as they always go away to far countries to do just that.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Tbh though I'd much rather see a few useless human lives (Criminals here, not invalids so don't twist my post and accuse me of discrimination) which have no practical use in society used as test subjects then there pitiful excuse for a life can be put to somewhat meaningful use. :rolleyes:

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
I'd laugh my fuckin ass off if they offered this to alcoholic-scum-bags.

Let them rot in hell tbfh.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Bugz said:
I'd laugh my fuckin ass off if they offered this to alcoholic-scum-bags.

Let them rot in hell tbfh.

Oooh I can see all the footballers going mad at you for saying something like that considering we all knew what George Best did.

That being said I still don't know why they bothered wasting money and a liver on him anyway. :rolleyes:

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Sharma said:
Abortion is a terrible thing but again an incredible amount of morally correct groups pressue this to be completely illegal irrespective of the mental state of the person in question, hell they think it should still be illegal if the woman was RAPED, why should a woman bore the child of someone who had violently attacked her and raped her? I think it's disgusting these groups obstruct the choice of it.

Yes, it seems we agree on that point =)

Sharma said:
As has been shown in the past time and time again, justified or not the only way we have been able to further our understanding of biology is basically taking life, executed criminals were used in biological experiments, we wouldn't know about heart functions and veins etc if it was for a backstock of executions (As far as I know). Such things would cause an amazing amount of uproar these days due to the groups that are around and the highground religious factions are given today.

When I'm dead I don't care what people do with my body, so if I can, I'll give it to science for sure. Flesh and blood is nothing, it's just something you show on the outside to other people, but once you die it's simply over and staring at the dead envelope that remains isn't gonna bring anyone back.

I understand if especially older people wish some kind of respect to the dead body, but tbh, I've never taken the famous last look in my life, no matter who it was. So hey, when I'm here no more, don't care what they do, they can give me to students to learn how a body works, they can check what's inside to learn more about humanity, it's not like I'm gonna complain anyways =))

If they need something after I'm gone, they can have it =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom