Alcoholic/Drug Addict

Uara

Part of the furniture
I dunno, I'm quite partial to a bit of marmite although I dont eat it that much! When i'm drunk I do feel the urge for marmite a whole lot more, am I therefore a casual marmiter! (hmmmm tht sounds very wrong!!)

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
What your talking about laddey is more a craving over habit than an addiction. You get into the habit of doing it every weekend and when you dont have it the habit is broken and you crave it.

Been there.

Uara

Part of the furniture
But wouldnt the addiction happen throughout the week as well. Your body wouldnt just go, oh wait its the week, im not going to crave x,y,z! Its more you've gt into the habit of it as Sparx says!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Not neccesarily. I'm a smoker and that's no different from me not having a fag for a day and then craving one the morning after really.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i think the problem there is youre addicted to the habbit of doing something, not to the substance.

if i drank a can of lager every night for 2 weeks then id probably be in the habbit of it.
i generally do get addicted to the habbit of things.
what works for me is to use addictive substances on an adhoc basis. thats a saturday one week, wednesday the next, not for 2 weeks, 3 days in a row etc.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
as said in the thread, if you cant simply stop doing it for a coulple of weeks/months/years irrespective of your excuse (bar medical circumstances where you dont really have a choice), then you are addicted

Laddey

FH is my second home
as said in the thread, if you cant simply stop doing it for a coulple of weeks/months/years irrespective of your excuse (bar medical circumstances where you dont really have a choice), then you are addicted
I could stop smoking it if i wanted i guess. Dunno if i'd get a bad urge to get chonged or not though

tris-

I could stop smoking it if i wanted i guess. Dunno if i'd get a bad urge to get chonged or not though

thats from being bored.

if youre stoned youre stoned. if youre not stoned generally you might not have anything to do so you just want to get stoned again.
what do you when youre stoned? if youre like most others youre just sat around watching stuff, listening to music etc. things like are boring if youre not stoned, admit it!

get some hobbies etc and keep getting high, you can then do a bit of everything in a healthy way.

Laddey

FH is my second home
thats from being bored.

if youre stoned youre stoned. if youre not stoned generally you might not have anything to do so you just want to get stoned again.
what do you when youre stoned? if youre like most others youre just sat around watching stuff, listening to music etc. things like are boring if youre not stoned, admit it!

get some hobbies etc and keep getting high, you can then do a bit of everything in a healthy way.
Yeah thats exactly what it is.

Unstoned im sat here, watching a film or chatting on here.
Stoned im doing the exact same thing but stoned, it makes things so much more entertaining.

I've always wanted to play squash tbh

pikeh

Resident Freddy

:iagree:

tris-

maybe a place to start with is no weed between 7am > 8pm. that should get you more productive in the day time and gives you something to look forward to. dont go mad though, 1-2 spliffs which you enjoy slowly. doing it for the overall act of doing it, not just to get fucked.
get a plan for the day ahead, what needs doing, whats been put off, what could you do to save time in another place/day etc.

you might appreciate it more that way.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Something from the leftfield -

Do you feel Weed is part of your identity and if you were to quit people might think differently of you? Or you feel you may change as a person (for the worse).

Laddey

FH is my second home
maybe a place to start with is no weed between 7am > 8pm. that should get you more productive in the day time and gives you something to look forward to. dont go mad though, 1-2 spliffs which you enjoy slowly. doing it for the overall act of doing it, not just to get fucked.
get a plan for the day ahead, what needs doing, whats been put off, what could you do to save time in another place/day etc.

you might appreciate it more that way.
Well i guess it's just wasting away waiting for my job to start in September.

I'll be a reformed person then! I'll have to wear my uniform and look presentable and well mannered/spoken!
I'll have my own desk whoo

And i also wouldn't dream of smoking a joint before work man. It's dangerous and plain fucked up.

tris-

but thats 2 months away, which is a long time to be stuck into a habbit for.

make changes to stop a problem, its easier than fixing a problem once its started.

Laddey

FH is my second home
but thats 2 months away, which is a long time to be stuck into a habbit for.

make changes to stop a problem, its easier than fixing a problem once its started.
Like what though?

Cycle to the gym 3 times a week?

Its roughly 5 miles

Faelinor

Fledgling Freddie
being stoned is extremely addictive imo. when your stoned you can't be bothered to do anything, but your content - content with boredom. that is why the majority of the people i know smoke!! the lack of motivation we gain from sustained use contributes to how we deal with our boredom... its a lot easier to have a biff and chill out, to become contented, rather than say, taking some kinda classes, squash, tennis, tai chi whatever.

what i'd reccomend you doing tbh is quitting smoking weed altogether during the week, and maybe just get a 20 bag on friday night for the weekend. this helps to break the habitual addictiveness of the whole thing. breaking routine. as well as that your a hell of a lot more motivated during the week, and can actually be arsed to do things. you will start finding other things to take your time up, like normal people lol xD.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
For example, could you be classed as a cocaine addict or a crack addict if you never touched it until weekend, and your weekend would be shit without actually having it? Is that an addiction?

That is the start of a mighty fine career in the gutter.
I have seen friends end up on horse and crack ans hiv positive starting that way

But keep asking yourself the question.....

I know the answer if weekend (ab)use is an addiction but it if you don't know it yourself allready it is pointless to tell you

Laddey

FH is my second home
That is the start of a mighty fine career in the gutter.
I have seen friends end up on horse and crack ans hiv positive starting that way

But keep asking yourself the question.....

I know the answer if weekend (ab)use is an addiction but it if you don't know it yourself allready it is pointless to tell you

I only smoke abit of weed and drink alot at weekends man not into the crack, never tried it never will!

Laddey

FH is my second home
never say never

live the dream etc
Really though, i can honestly say i will never, ever ever try crack. I've seen what people turn out like and how the get tret(sp). Nevermind what my family would do. Just not my cup of tea.

None of my mates have tried it or will try it, they'd lose everybody if they did as so would i!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom