Alchemy prices (I forsee tons of flames)

N

Noche

Prices will drop hell fast after 1 week, first alchemist who is able to make dot procs and high reverse procs will make tons of money (try to ask the price and u´ll see)

Insta potions r a bit bugged I´m told, can´t confirm it yet, but remember it uses a loot with a 2% drop rate on mobs which r hard to reach and hard to farm in good amount. I won´t even bother with insta potions unless some guildie can PL in CM and supply constantly same drops.

Clever ppl will sure wait a bit till guild alchemist (or friend) make their skill till 1094 (reverse proc ablative) and then ask, but first wave of customers will make the nº1 alchemist rich enough.

F

foolou

omg

Just some short comments:

It's actually very cheap to craft up to strong elixirs.
I think it's way overpriced to sell them for 6 gold each.
Dunno about the reactive procs and stuff as the last 260 points really require some cash.

And btw i'll definitly not take list prices for procs and stuff. I'll take what I think is reasonable, which is independant of any fixed price list.

Why shall i not sell the procs i'm crafting to improve at only 10% or even zero fee ?
A lot better than selling them to a merchant and loose half of the money.

I'm basicly interested in raising my skill as cheap as possible.

Weee, Master Alchemist

C

Cloak_

the amount of money it takes to get high enough 4 lvl 50 things and ppl complain about the prices?? ppl spend over 20p to get to 1000 never mind 1150 so they have to make back there money

D

Danya

Originally posted by Pin

Saracen has +5% Heat :m00:
Ah, ta, so energy looking good, anyone played a dwarf/troll/kobold to know their racial resists?

D

Danya

Originally posted by tankster
do i really need this alchemy stuff ?
I wasn't planning to buy potions tbh, don't really need endurance (that's what bards are for right? ;)) and my castable hot and pot are far superior to the potions available.
As for procs and charges they'll be useful, but I'd wait till people get a bit higher.

O

old.Thanatlos

Problem with crafting in DAoC is: You'll never EVER make back the money you spend unless you charge about 10x the cost or plan on only crafting the next 2 years..

I personally craft for my friends to have the best equipment I can make and I think a lot of people do the same. Only profit I ever made was from consignments and that was 300g for 650 points, points not items..

People have the freedom to choose prices they think are valid for their effort, but don't expect to make back your cash, just pick a price which is right for the time you spend on it..

F

Faeldawn

Usual mark-up on crafted items is 10% over cost of raw materials, thats the most i have ever paid.

Keep to this and avoid the flames :)

O

old.Zarko

Originally posted by Danyan

Ah, ta, so energy looking good, anyone played a dwarf/troll/kobold to know their racial resists?

Here it is:

Initiate racial resists:

ALBION
Briton: 5% spirit
Highlander: 5% Cold
Avalonian: 5% spirit
Seracen: 5% Heat

MIDGARD
Norseman: 5% Cold
Kobold: 5% Energy
Troll: 5% Matter
Dwarf: 5% Body

HIBERNIA
Celt: 5% spirit
Lurikeen: 5% Energy
Firbolg: 5% heat
Elf: 5% spirit

D

Danya

Originally posted by Faeldawn
Usual mark-up on crafted items is 10% over cost of raw materials, thats the most i have ever paid.

Keep to this and avoid the flames :)
You won't be buying off noche with his 500+% markups then. ;)

D

-Dreama-

These crafters spend their days sat crafting losing shit loads of money, then u expect them to sell u items cheap ?!

And we all know that crafters don't craft with the illusions of gold in their minds! They do it to help the realm, in a purely unselfish way. We should dig deep in our pockets and pay them any price they ask cuz they are only crafting for our good.

/end sarcasm

/disclaimer: I know not all crafters are greedy money grubbing twits, but alot are.

D

Danya

Bought a dot proc for my sword today on my minstrel... 105g. :p

M

Mirhen Morkir

Well I will be charging what ever price a like, let them charge stupidly inflated prices, it just means less business for them, and more for the honest crafters out there that are more interested in crafting to provide a service to the realm, and not greed.

D

Danya

Originally posted by Mirhen Morkir
Well I will be charging what ever price a like, let them charge stupidly inflated prices, it just means less business for them, and more for the honest crafters out there that are more interested in crafting to provide a service to the realm, and not greed.
:clap:

I

inuyasha

hehe

Just give it out for free as the nice wannabe Merlins you are =)

O

old.DachraK

I am not going to make any price deals or whatsoever with other Alchemists. I made my own prices together with my guild.

H

Hestetun

just be carefull who u buy from =) thats all, I bought nice SC stuff from morrinder to 35 gold and later that day I bougt the same, but this time on two spears, I had to pay Tyka 100 gold.....bah maybe this isent the SC tread =)

But anyway, I think Saadyst has right on the part of Crafter prices, it aint no fun buying when its sett on a price and ofc when u can get it for like 40 gold cheaper...Tyka u take to much charge for a SC=)

T

Tyka

Firstly, i dont craft to make cash or whatever, just thought i could do a order since i could do what you needed. Then i said the material costs are 35 gold, is 100 gold fine? its not like i RIPPED YOU OFF or smth. 100 gold to get exactly what you needed on your spear isnt too shabby is it ? you being lvl 50 and all.

Anyways i just took SC to 500 to see how it was, back to rvring now :)

W

wotitcosts

LOL

Ill be 900+ by the end of the week (Alc) and Ill be selling to whoever the fk wants the stuff (slap my thigh but aint we all in the same realm? duh hit the blokes with the Chum tins on their heads not your fellow Hib) at exactly what it costs for the materials - fk pre arranging prices - twat the enemy not yer neighbours...hey call me old fashioned :-/

Users who are viewing this thread