Alchemy on armour and weapons

Dardamein

Fledgling Freddie
I finally decided to dedicate some time to alchemize my armours and weapons. Never really cared about it before but if I'm gonna defend the realm in a more accurate manner I must admit they can be necessary (and not because i lose all duels against FingFing).

So whats the ideas around this? Good experiences ... bad experiences ... heaven or hell. All input welcome actually since BW is gone I could not go search-mode. Mainly im after good information for minstrels but feel free to discuss it more mainstream since all information basically is good information.

Ablatives? DoT's? Direct Damage?....let's empty the subject

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
On armour, Ablative Auras all around will serve you well, it will extend your life expectancy tremendously. Theres benefits to damage procs, but with a full Ablative set (costly I know) you wont go wrong and will nearly always have an ablative active.

I had a full 6 ablative suite on my last SC template, and all crafted procs on my new template are still ablatives, the ones which are not now are the sidi armour parts I cannot change.

Weapons, DoT procs will provide you with the best damage returns and its a pain for stealthers trying to escape you with a dot active on them, however some do not like them due to the remezzing implications but in general DoT procs tend to be favoured. Im sure some will disagree with me though :p

Coren

Fledgling Freddie
Ablatives is normally the way on armour - I have a reactive DoT on one of my bits but an ablative would probably have been better. A full set will set you back about 1800g I think (~300g each).

Some people (like infs who have dots already) also use haste procs on weapons I think. A DoT will be the most damaging ultimately compared to the DD ones, and you can also kill people after you're dead which is always funny.

acei

Fledgling Freddie
Mainly im after good information for minstrels
All the posts upto now seems to be suggesting ablatives but i thought armour ablatives and minstrel ablative chant didn't stack? Even though they don't stack is it still good to use ablative proc's?

Dardamein

Fledgling Freddie
acei said:
All the posts upto now seems to be suggesting ablatives but i thought armour ablatives and minstrel ablative chant didn't stack? Even though they don't stack is it still good to use ablative proc's?

I dont think it stacks, but the reason to have many ablatives i figure is to always have one up...minstrel Wall of Song is 70 points every 6 second

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
if you solo then use ablative/dot combination

heal proc on sidi torso would be great too if you can get your hands on the minstrel version

otherwise ablats all the way :D

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
I've been wondering about this for some time; if I have one of those cold DD charges on my staff, can I cold debuff an enemy and then use my charges on him and hit him for a lot more damage than normal or are the DDs not affected by the debuffs?

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Sissyfoo said:
I've been wondering about this for some time; if I have one of those cold DD charges on my staff, can I cold debuff an enemy and then use my charges on him and hit him for a lot more damage than normal or are the DDs not affected by the debuffs?
they should be

you can always try it out though

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Not when I'm 5000 miles away from my computer. :p

Someone else needs to try it out for me.

dimerian

Fledgling Freddie
Can debuff heat and use DF staffcharge for neat dmg,so yes - it works

Monty

Fledgling Freddie
Ablative will suck up 100 damage and minstrel one (If you specced 50 instruments) will do 70.

Thats a very minor diffence imo. Also the minstrel ablative is free and will refresh every 6 seconds.

Just take anything else BUT ablative if you specced 50 instruments. Healproccs from Sidi would be very good :)

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, when you are a minstrel, do not take ablatives.
Also, do not take reactive dots on your armor. Instead go for things like DD's and maybe a nice piece with a haste proc (soon will last 1 min instead of 15s).
No dots on armor cause you might need to mezz someone after they hit you :)
If you go 50 instruments, the ablative is great, and you have no need for the procs of the armor.
Also, make sure you check what parts get hit the most (there are several sites that show the % distribtution of hits all across the armor. Helps with planning where which proc should go.
Regards, Glottis

Sepiritz

Fledgling Freddie
An ablative armor proc on your shield is really nice, it wont proc in pve but in pvp it can. With shield spec and MoB the proc rate is something fierce against some enemies. Also since its a buff and not dmg it wont ruin your engage either. :)

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
40% Torso, 25% legs, 15% arms, 10% head, 5% hands, 5% feet are the hit chances for the various locations according to mythic.

10% chance to proc allegedly, which may or may not be affected by armour quality and proc quality. all i know is alot of enemies seem to proc more than i do, in my mostly 99% suit with random proc qualites :(

my next suit will be mp throughout and mp procs also, just in case... :m00:

dd's/haste and maybe 1 ablative on a commonly hit part (vest or legs) for mincer looks good to me. 6s refresh on ablative chant is kinda slow when it takes 2-5s for a savage to kill u... most of which you will likely be stunned for :puke:

Eraser

Loyal Freddie
Konah said:
10% chance to proc allegedly, which may or may not be affected by armour quality and proc quality

i think it can be taken as a fact that the quality of the proc doesnt affect the chance for it to go off. there are clear statements of long-term tests which proved that on VN boards.

sure, maybe im also superstitious as i put the best quality on chest and worst on hands/feet, still its insane to go for MP procs.

still its insane to go for MPs all the way. alchemy is expensive already the random quality way, imagine what you pay for a MP set and the improved turnout is nothing or at least so close to nothing that its not detectable.

acei

Fledgling Freddie
Sissyfoo said:
Yes this does work, i did it on a enchanter once and the charge hit for 500, when not debuffed it hits for 200-300.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Are you sure about those hit location chances? I thought it was:

Torso 35%
Legs 25%
Arms 20%
Head 10%
Hands 5%
Feet 5%

Gorre

Fledgling Freddie
dont use dots :/