Alchemist question !

G

Genesis_of_Ak

If I wanted a suit of chain armour with all body parts imbued with a spell, how would I get it done, if its possible, that is.

The spell I want is that Wizard spell, where "your armour becomes too hot to touch". I'd like it for when my cleric hits around level 20 ish.

Know absolutely nothing about alchemy or spell crafting, so apologies for my ignorance.

(I posted this under "Spell Crafting question". As Shotgun astutely pointed out this is an Alchemy issue not SC, so wanted to re-post it to attract the appropriate exposure)

S

Simius

You can get these reactive procs, but they only work for L47 and up, so I'm afraid you're going to have a wait before your cleric can use them i'm afraid.

G

Genesis_of_Ak

What sort of cash are we talking if I wanted my level 50's epic plate armour equipped as aforementioned ? 2 plat ?

O

old.Ramas

2 plat would typically cover the spellcrafting (adding +stats, +skills, +resists) of your armour, assuming you want +5 overcharges.

The tinctures are 224g to 255g gold each, if you get them done at cost price.

Multiply by 6 and that gives 1.5plat, plus something for the alchemists time, and we have 2plat.

So if I were you I'd expect to need 4 plat after the cost fo the armour itself, to get everyhing fully uberified.

Then you need weapons.....

O

old.Ramas

And you can't add tinctures to epic armour - only to player crafted armour.

P

Pin

Originally posted by old.Ramas
2 plat would typically cover the spellcrafting (adding +stats, +skills, +resists) of your armour, assuming you want +5 overcharges.

Eeek... Try more like 800g for 6 pieces of armour.

Z

zlair

Originally posted by Pin
Eeek... Try more like 800g for 6 pieces of armour.

Damn u, Pin ;)

I was like.. woo hoo... CASHHHH

Ohh, well... If u need that SCing at 2 plat I'm sooo there :) (we could go a little bit lower, but not much tho :p )

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by zlair
Damn u, Pin ;)

I was like.. woo hoo... CASHHHH

Ohh, well... If u need that SCing at 2 plat I'm sooo there :) (we could go a little bit lower, but not much tho :p )

I made a 4point overcharge on 99%. I spend around 450g on 6 parts of armour to get 99-100% gems.

I asked a friendly 1001+ SC'er to make the 3 gems I couldn't make in the qua I needed (160g) and he imbued my crafted gems on my armour.

Total costprice: 610g. How in heavens name do you come to 2 plat?

I can see you wanna make a profit, but over 3x as much? Perhaps with 2 extra items (weapon/shield, 2 weapons, etc) you can go to 1plat, but then it's even 1 plat profit.

If that's going price I understand why I am still poor :p

G

Genesis_of_Ak

I certainly don't mind paying cost price and then a generous whack on top for the magic user's time and nrg, but I don't want to be diddled ! LOL

Anyone know how much is REALLY costs ? ))

O

old.shotgunstow

Originally posted by Genesis_of_Ak
I certainly don't mind paying cost price and then a generous whack on top for the magic user's time and nrg, but I don't want to be diddled ! LOL

Anyone know how much is REALLY costs ? ))

The cost price should be about 1 plat for SC and 1.5 plat for Alchemy on a typical piece of 99% quality armour. If you are luckier you should get it slightly cheaper than that. If you are unlucky, or using Zlair to craft for you, it will be considerably more :)

S

Simius

Obviously costs will vary depending on what gems you use, but in my experience even the most expensive full sets I've done have been unlucky to come out at much past 600g, that's including the weapons. Of course this is using my secret price reducing formula ;) . Add in another couple of hundred for enchanting (this will depend on the material, metal is pretty pricey to enchant). But as an example, today I did a full merc kit, i.e. six chain pieces and two jambs. SC'ed and enchanted cost price was just over 750g.

Users who are viewing this thread