Albums Of The Year 2004.

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Jet - Get Born
Jack Johnson - On and on (think it was 2003 though) :(

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
I think Jet released their album mid 2003 too. Whilst I'm here I have to add(and I mean no offense by this, Jonaldo) I think Jet rank highly as one of the very worst most offensive bands in music today

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
No offense taken, music is all about taste and not fact. As it is there haven't been many opinions of yours I've agreed with, and why should I change the habit of a lifetime?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Precisely Jonaldo, I'd take it as a blessing the maxi doesn't like it in all honesty. He cartainly helped me appreciate the Snow Patrol album even more.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Snow Patrol really are extraodinarily dull though.

Bodhi

That's why I said they're good for chilling out to, when you really don't want to listen to anything too challenging and you've already listened to the Chilled Euphorias 297 times that week.

mank!

Part of the furniture
I just really don't get it, chilled music doesn't need to be boring and Snow Patrol really are frighteningly dull. I can't quite understand why anyone would like them and I'm not trying to be an elitist twat or anything, I can see why people like Britney Spears and Westlife, but why Snow Patrol?!

Bodhi

Ever thought I don't find it especially boring? There are some good songs on there, enough to engage me but not enough to take my mind of the more important stuff I'm normally doing when I listen to that type of music. They are about 400x better than Boredplay tho.

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
mank said:
I just really don't get it, chilled music doesn't need to be boring and Snow Patrol really are frighteningly dull. I can't quite understand why anyone would like them and I'm not trying to be an elitist twat or anything, I can see why people like Britney Spears and Westlife, but why Snow Patrol?!

Yeah, I don't get the whole Snow Patrol thing either. Just another band pressed out of the same mould as Travis et al. And they are very very dull.

Got the new Beasties album. Definately, IMHO, front runner for album of the year. Why bother with shite like Snow Patrol when there's stuff like that around?

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
I can understand that...but...something so obviously void of excitement is never ever gonna make an album of the year for me. It's the musical equivalent of Curtains.

mank!

Part of the furniture
maxi said:
I can understand that...but...something so obviously void of excitement is never ever gonna make an album of the year for me. It's the musical equivalent of Curtains.

Curtains are sort of neccesary though, Snow Patrol aren't.

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Only problem I have with Beastie Boys, much as I love them, is that they're really starting to sound the same with every release :( Ch Che Check it out or whatever it's called is so vastly similar to about 3 or 4 tunes they've released in the past that I'll just keep my BB anthology album and be happy with that.

Gurnox, if you want to chill to some nice easy going guitar based music, try Jack Johnson. It's totally not exciting music and nothing you would ever consider turning up loud and rocking out to. Acoustic blues/folk/pop blends from a beach surfer bum, some may class it as boring but it's the ideal stuff to mellow out to in the hot summer sun when you just can't be bothered to expend any energy.

ReActor

Fledgling Freddie
Everything I've bought this year has been disappointing. Who Killed The Zutons? is probably the best thing so far.

The Scissor Sisters' album wins the Nice Surprise award, though.

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
Jonaldo said:
Gurnox, if you want to chill to some nice easy going guitar based music, try Jack Johnson. It's totally not exciting music and nothing you would ever consider turning up loud and rocking out to. Acoustic blues/folk/pop blends from a beach surfer bum, some may class it as boring but it's the ideal stuff to mellow out to in the hot summer sun when you just can't be bothered to expend any energy.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll give 'em a listen.

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Oh and Pete Murray - Feeler, an album that was released in 2004 is pretty good and mellow too :p

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Doubt many people have heard of them but the album ive enjoyed most this year would be Lamb Of Gods "As the places burn" :)

Bodhi

Gurnox said:
Yeah, I don't get the whole Snow Patrol thing either. Just another band pressed out of the same mould as Travis et al. And they are very very dull.

Got the new Beasties album. Definately, IMHO, front runner for album of the year. Why bother with shite like Snow Patrol when there's stuff like that around?

I also have the new Beasties album, and it's damn good. Not sure if it's going to displace N*E*R*D or The Streets from the top of my list, but a definite candidate for number 3. However even with that in my collection i still have room for Snow Patrol. Who said I had to remember all of my Albums of 2004 in 2005? I've already forgotten most of the Thrills album.

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
Bodhi said:
I also have the new Beasties album, and it's damn good. Not sure if it's going to displace N*E*R*D or The Streets from the top of my list, but a definite candidate for number 3. However even with that in my collection i still have room for Snow Patrol. Who said I had to remember all of my Albums of 2004 in 2005? I've already forgotten most of the Thrills album.

good music has longevity surely? I still listen to 60% of my favourite stuff from last year.

shanks

Fledgling Freddie
harebear said:
Doubt many people have heard of them but the album ive enjoyed most this year would be Lamb Of Gods "As the places burn" :)

Lacks bass, and it's Lamb Of God, not Gods. Decent, not near album of the year though. :)

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
maxi said:
good music has longevity surely? I still listen to 60% of my favourite stuff from last year.
Bad, catchy music also has longevity. It's all about what entertains you.

People still listen to Boney M 25 years on but that don't make it good ;)

Bodhi

maxi said:

Yes, I'm very much the same. Ever thought Snow Patrol might fall into the other 40% for me? Ever thought? Ever?

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah my comment was badly worded. ENtirely wrongly worded. I still listen to all my favourite albums of last year, 60% regularly. I wouldn't forget what was on one though. Not after a year, especially if it was a 'fvaourite'

Bodhi

That'll be cos you're ridiculously anal about music!

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the help Shanks, I've been a weee bit tierd/sicky for ages now :p I know its not actually the best I've heard but I was listening to it when I posted so I just used it.

(correct that motherfucker! :p, you prolly can I just had nasty accident while riding and need sleep :mad: )

shanks

Fledgling Freddie
harebear said:
Thanks for the help Shanks, I've been a weee bit tierd/sicky for ages now :p I know its not actually the best I've heard but I was listening to it when I posted so I just used it.

(correct that motherfucker! :p, you prolly can I just had nasty accident while riding and need sleep :mad: )

No worries, im just so tired of things that sound like melo-death from gothenburg these days. It's a nifty cd though as one is to expect when Devin Townsend is involved. :cheers:

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
Oh aye, new Beastie Boys album is great. Gonna have to go get the new N*E*R*D album, but from what i've seen on TV from the music channels looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom