Albs zerg ck at 5am and rudespam defenders^^

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Very mature :) Nevertheless us mids had great fun defending, just dont understand why we dont get a /salute etc when we put up one hell of a fight to keep you from taking it.

Yunio

Fledgling Freddie
People getting pissed of by the warlocks :D other than that I can't find any reasons.

Although I have to say warlocks are a good challenge, really have to sneak up on them and bolt them with my wizzie :)

Olgaline

FH is my second home
well the odd thing is it's more or less exclusively albs that do this, is it an age thing ? a general realm habbit ? by this i mean one learns from ones peers, at least that held true for old frontier mids with perfect setups, ;) in any case havent seen hibs do it yet. And warlocks ? well first off it's a new toy so naturally there'll be quite a few of them around in bg's atm, secondly, it's not like people sc them, buff to the teeth and go for perfect specs ect, it's all about seeing what "your" new class can do, different specs, tactics " offensive / defensive,ect" different qbar setups, when to use wich spell combo's and so on, at least thats what i've been doing and mostly unbuffed, hell royally fumble ½ my fights, hitting the wrong keys after changing the setup yet again, but for me it's all been in good fun. anyway my point is this, and let me stress i've played daoc for a loong time so the negative emotes dont really bother me, basicly i dont care, but on that note i can also add that i have never /rude someone from an opposing realm, or someone i dont know..

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Warlocks are easy if you can survive the first unleash of the chambers...Other than that, they're not that hard. Having high matter resist helps too :p

Brend

Fledgling Freddie
casters gettin pissed with insta interrupts on every class u fight aswell i think,

most of the classes i come up against now have some sort of ranged insta to interrupt (even tanks ...wtf is that about :confused: )

anyways is good fun tryin to figure out ways to kill new classes :)

and i try to save emotes for when the fg hibs kill solo me for the 4753875834873874 time in 1 hour

Ashton

Loyal Freddie
Hi, i was one of the 6-8 albs there last night who took the CK at around 4am GMT, so i guess this is what u are referring to. :)

As i generally play later at night (after i get in from work @ 10pm) it was nice to see Thid as lively as it was, with what i could gather an equal(ish) number of mids and albs for the most part.

I agree it was a fun evening and mids defended well. But when we did eventually get to the lord, there suddenly was only 1 blue con kobbie hunter and another mid who i cant remember, who i think both died from falling from the ''safe room'' after they were chased. Was a shame u didn't all stay on for those 15mins longer to finish the defence. :(

As for the emoting i never saw a single emote, be it good or bad, the whole night from anyone i was with playing sorc, and again there wasn't even anyone to emote had we wanted to, when we finally killed Jarl.

Ironically lol, the char i switched to just at the time of the take was called Slashrude :p

Brend

Fledgling Freddie
lol silleh middies prolly got confused then, thought u was emotin em :clap:

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Nah i was the level 25 valkyrie that died in courtyard on your final breakthrough - got /rude from at least three albs (spam from one) and an inconnu was jumping on my body :( As i said, was great fun that night, but i just dont understand that behaviour.

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
Nah i was the level 25 valkyrie that died in courtyard on your final breakthrough - got /rude from at least three albs (spam from one) and an inconnu was jumping on my body :( As i said, was great fun that night, but i just dont understand that behaviour.

to be honest i'd prolly do the same if i saw an orange con in thid. anyone else i'd prolly not even pay attention to, unless it was a hard earned duel than i would bow, but seeing a dead orange toon in thid, i too would prolly cheer at them being dead or sit on there body till they release.

Unless of course u just dinged but than again i wouldnt know that.

Xoxarle

Fledgling Freddie
Me and my brother were there with our mercs (Imnotfrench and Imnotgerman) ... Didn't see any /rude's personally, but it can get frustrating when 'locks port out of keep, dot and then run back in. Had some great fights over the past week or so, but back at uni now... wil see ya'll next time i'm on hols :D Look out for us, porbably be using "Imnot.." names again :)

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Olgaline said:
well the odd thing is it's more or less exclusively albs that do this, is it an age thing ? a general realm habbit ? by this i mean one learns from ones peers, at least that held true for old frontier mids with perfect setups, ;) in any case havent seen hibs do it yet. And warlocks ? well first off it's a new toy so naturally there'll be quite a few of them around in bg's atm, secondly, it's not like people sc them, buff to the teeth and go for perfect specs ect, it's all about seeing what "your" new class can do, different specs, tactics " offensive / defensive,ect" different qbar setups, when to use wich spell combo's and so on, at least thats what i've been doing and mostly unbuffed, hell royally fumble ½ my fights, hitting the wrong keys after changing the setup yet again, but for me it's all been in good fun. anyway my point is this, and let me stress i've played daoc for a loong time so the negative emotes dont really bother me, basicly i dont care, but on that note i can also add that i have never /rude someone from an opposing realm, or someone i dont know..

Wild speculation, since my return to DAOC 2 weeks ago I have been rude spammed no less than 14 times, 5 times in Thid, the latest being last night some champ thought it would be funny to rude spam all the albs on the ALB bridge after 2-3 bards mezzed a shed load. Anyway after he died a pathetic death I carried on to the next one..

I have been rude spammed by some big names too so please, dont make this out to be a Alb thing, Hibs and Mids are equally (note the word equally) to blame.

I too have been playing for a long time, I have seen it from all realms without exception.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
heh i'm sure mids and hibs do it too, no dout, but with albs it seems a trend.
or well more common than hibs, and as i said have yet to be rude spammed by hibs in bg's..odd luck ? well maybe i dont know, how ever i've seen it again and again from albs, and note i'm not saying all albs do this, however i do think that albs have more younger people than mids and hibs do wich might account for it.

Xoxarle

Fledgling Freddie
Olgaline said:
heh i'm sure mids and hibs do it too, no dout, but with albs it seems a trend.
or well more common than hibs, and as i said have yet to be rude spammed by hibs in bg's..odd luck ? well maybe i dont know, how ever i've seen it again and again from albs, and note i'm not saying all albs do this, however i do think that albs have more younger people than mids and hibs do wich might account for it.

This age thing you keep getting at is quite pathetic. Some of the most childish people i've met have been years older than me (I'm 20, btw), and i've known a whole load of mature people years younger. The fact is, people (in general), get annoyed when playing daoc. Some people have a tighter rein on their emotions, others don't. There are few ways to show any emotion to the other realms in daoc, /rude spamming is one of them. If ya dont like it, quit playing, same for the rest of the moaners. I dont care, i never will, and if i see you in thid, i'll /rude spam you now because i know it gets on your nerves.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Xoxarle said:
This age thing you keep getting at is quite pathetic. Some of the most childish people i've met have been years older than me (I'm 20, btw), and i've known a whole load of mature people years younger. The fact is, people (in general), get annoyed when playing daoc. Some people have a tighter rein on their emotions, others don't. There are few ways to show any emotion to the other realms in daoc, /rude spamming is one of them. If ya dont like it, quit playing, same for the rest of the moaners. I dont care, i never will, and if i see you in thid, i'll /rude spam you now because i know it gets on your nerves.

hehe such anger in that reply,
a few things tho, if you read my first post you'll notice that i dont care that people rude spam me, so be my guest, i'll even make a /lvl20 toon and bring it to thid just for you to spam at :p

secondly when i say younger i dont mean 20' nor 17 i mean 12,13,14 ect
and yes there are bad tempered players in mid too, and in hib i guess.
but a few things do come into play, first of alot of youngsters choose albion since it's the "for Arthur and camelot" realm ect and the game is after all called dark age of camelot, and also by numbers it's only natural that albion would have more of any given age no ?

Xoxarle

Fledgling Freddie
Olgaline said:
hehe such anger in that reply,
a few things tho, if you read my first post you'll notice that i dont care that people rude spam me, so be my guest, i'll even make a /lvl20 toon and bring it to thid just for you to spam at :p

secondly when i say younger i dont mean 20' nor 17 i mean 12,13,14 ect
and yes there are bad tempered players in mid too, and in hib i guess.
but a few things do come into play, first of alot of youngsters choose albion since it's the "for Arthur and camelot" realm ect and the game is after all called dark age of camelot, and also by numbers it's only natural that albion would have more of any given age no ?

You missed the point mate, you have no basis for accusing younger people of /rude spamming. Half the people i have seen who regularly /rude and /taunt spam are older players, and as to a realm thing... Well, i won't even comment, since i've seen it given and taken by all realms, and it goes too far back for me to count up and tell you which is worst... Your groundless accusations and assumption about realms and age are irritating and pointless.

[edit] On topic, it was a fun night, and as to zerging, i thought it was pretty even over most of the night, sometimes albs had more, sometimes mids, and occasionly a hib fg would show up and cause some peril. You guys did put up a good fight, so /salute to yas :) Will see ya next time

Olgaline

FH is my second home
hehe were in my posts am i accusing ? notice the question mark in my original post ?. as in a question. yes i do say it's that in my experience it's primarely alb's that rude spam, not saying other realms dont, not saying it is youngsters that do it, i dont know them so cant really say, my original point was mearly why alb's seem to do it more freaquently than hib's, mids ?
said might be youngsters, might be a realm thing or might just be that there simply are more albs than hibs thus' a larger diverity of personalities...

oh and lighten up, you'll live longer :touch:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Olgaline said:
well the odd thing is it's more or less exclusively albs that do this,

gogo generalisations ;)

mids/hibs rude/laugh/whatever spam their little hearts out too you know.

Xoxarle

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
gogo generalisations ;)

thats what i meant to say... Sometimes i just get a bit long-winded :)

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Flimgoblin said:
gogo generalisations ;)

gaaah.!!
/whine i said in My experience,.! not in general
been spammed in bg's by albs not by hibs. now then what am i supposed to think ?

maybe i should test it ? make a lvl 20 toon run it to the bridges and see who spams it the most :p

ps : generalisations rule.! they promote realm hatered. and such ;)

Xphyral

Fledgling Freddie
buh... albs have more players so naturally and mathmatically it should happen more frequently from albion, especially since we always get accused of zerging by umm... mids and hibs that mids and hibs should get a good old rude spam..

i`m 23 and i love spamming you bastards cuz mebbe i`ll get flamed on FH and then i can really let the hilarity of the situation run away with me once and for all and... arf out of end.

nvm, i`ll look forward to rude spamming you nxt time, hey mebbe i`ll jump on ur head till you release too.

/respect on realm hatred.. we have to teach the younger generation all about prejudice somewhere seeing as politicians seem to be trying to eradicate it

Olgaline

FH is my second home
hehe sure be my guest, might give me a good laugh :D
just dont jump on the face.! my cha is very fragile about her looks :p
still dont get the desire to purpously try and anoy another person tho though something as simplistic as /rude spamming, imo there are other more creative ways of achiving that..but ok :/ each to his own and so on, i'm not going to tell anyone paying thier subs how to play :| if you notice i've never said i have anything agianst it, mearly what i've observed while playing bg cha's.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
I like killing people.
I like killing people that /rude me even more.
It's funny :)

I was being rude spammed tongiht in Bg4. Can't blame them. I was kicking them up and down the Ck for two hours, solo, so I''d probably have got pissed off as well. But the fair, the only one that seemed to get stressed was the sorcerer and thus, I went for him every time regardless if it made the least sense - then rude spammed his body :p

Olgaline

FH is my second home
RS|Phil said:
I like killing people.
I like killing people that /rude me even more.
It's funny :)

I was being rude spammed tongiht in Bg4. Can't blame them. I was kicking them up and down the Ck for two hours, solo, so I''d probably have got pissed off as well. But the fair, the only one that seemed to get stressed was the sorcerer and thus, I went for him every time regardless if it made the least sense - then rude spammed his body :p

Teletubbies dont count :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom