Albions Crafters : Phobia against low levels?

C

cHodAX

As a tailor myself I am always happy to help a low level player out by knocking up a set of armour for them, however it seems a great many of Albions crafters don't give a damn about anyone under 50. I say this because 3 of my alts have all struggled to obtain any crafted armour or weapons for over 2 weeks now, I have asked numerous times in Camelot and Diogel yet I am constantly ignored along with many other low level characters. After speaking to friends today it seems that all the lower levels are having this problem.

Many crafters have been sat by the merchants crafting away but when you /send asking to place a low level order they just ignore you, as soon as I log my level 50 theurgist on to ask for a price on a level 50 item they respond right away. Frankly that sucks, why do people become LGM crafters in the first place if they don't want to help thier realm mates out? Oh silly me, it is because many of them powerskilled to LGM thinking they could get rich off level 50 orders and to hell with the 'lowbies'.

Some of them see low level orders as a joke and don't even have the decency to reply even just to say 'sorry I am busy atm'. You meet the odd crafter who is willing to help the lower levels and I include myself in that bracket. For example : Boney has crafted weapons for my alts on a few occasions, he didn't seem bothered that it was a low level order and the profit might not be huge. He acted like a decent guy who wanted to help his realm, no matter what the players level was. I wish a few more crafters would follow that example or at least act properly towards the lower level player.

This game has attracted alot of new players recently and also people from other servers. They must get the impression that Prydwen is a shitty server when they can't even get basic armour made and yet 6 crafters are sat round the forge. Hell, even if you can't be arsed to take the order at least have the honour to reply to the players /send but PLEASE don't just sit there ignoring them and hope they go away.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

I'm currently skilling up my tailoring, but noone asks me :(

G

Gran

I am willing to make any level of armour, but when I come back with the cost of the armour a majority of the lower level characters bork at the price.

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Gran
I am willing to make any level of armour, but when I come back with the cost of the armour a majority of the lower level characters bork at the price.

My Merc had a great set of level20+ chain made by you and it was worth every penny, it is a damn shame more crafters won't take low level orders. With the amount of alts being played right now none of them should be borking at the price, they all know the costs of amour and with a high level main they can afford to twink thier alts. Ok newer players might not be able to afford it but that is what drops and loot hunts are for. For 3 hours today I tried to get Steel Chainmail made for my reaver, I went all the main crafting zones and was constantly ignored. You all have to agree that with so many people sat at the forge's trinketing that at least one of them could give up 2 minutes of thier precious trinketing time to help a realm mate.

G

Gran

Cho,

Granne is parked up at diogel atm, if you want the armour making either msg Granne or Grane and i'll see what i can knock you up. I think my tailoring is high enough not to bother my liner making buddy Rumble

M

maxgirth

I was sitting in doigel crafting the other day when I recieved a pm for a fine alloy sabre,not only did I make it as I do most times when I get orders regardless of level, I delivered it to AM as the customer did not have SI,so we`re not all bad papa Cho;).

C

calif101

I have crafted many times for low lvls and depending on the lvl i sometimes do it at cost.

But seeing that i`m a fletcher i have to say i don`t get many orders of low lvl or 50`s

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by maxgirth
I was sitting in doigel crafting the other day when I recieved a pm for a fine alloy sabre,not only did I make it as I do most times when I get orders regardless of level, I delivered it to AM as the customer did not have SI,so we`re not all bad papa Cho;).

Aye Max there are some good people, I never said ALL but sadly it is the MAJORITY. I have seen it happen with my own eyes too many times and it seems to be getting worse as time goes on. It takes two minutes for a LGM to make a set of lvl10 chain and yet not one of the four armourcrafters I asked replied or would take the order. If the shoe was on the other foot I would always make the armour unless I had to do something else in which case I would at least reply and ask them to try again later.

Y

Yussef

I usually turn down anyone regardless of level :p

R

Rumble

If any low level Prydwen Albs are reading this thread I would just like to say im more than happy to craft some cloth/leather for them. Just message Rumble or Azi or stick a post on our forums

Same goes for high levels too :)

Normally im a very lazy man but im a great believer in assisting lowbies as much as possible.

T

Turamber

Lower levels seem to be quite widely discriminated against. Came across a level 7 player who said I was the first person to stop and help him with his questions ... apparently all other high levels he'd spoken to had either ignored him or told him to take a hike.

It's just possible that some of these lowbies are new players and need to be encouraged, not given the impression that DAOC is a closed shop.

M

Meatballs

I try to avoid crafting as much as possible nowadays, I avoid lvl51 orders, I avoid lvl20 orders just as much, although it gets hard to refuse guildies, so I usually say "Look I saw Osmosis a sec ago! He is better than me! Fer Sure!". I might make something if Im actually caught in camelot or a crafting area, so I try to keep well away from them :D

Oh and helping a lowbie get things spellcrafted is an incredible minefield that I dont even want to get into :)

A

Akuma-San

I usually try to help 'lowbies' with armor if they happen to ask me, and hell i aint even a legendary crafter ;)

S

speshneeds

good way to approach a crafter is prepared.. go use one of the online calculators for crafting so that you know what materials are needed and when u /send the crafter add in there that you have a materials list and will buy and bring materials to them and pay for there time..

Used to work for me in mid, dont see why not on alb... as said above crafting lowbie stuff is dead quick but working out what to buy and actually buying it is not...

my 2p :)

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Akuma-San
I usually try to help 'lowbies' with armor if they happen to ask me, and hell i aint even a legendary crafter ;)

Stop hiding dagnamit Musa! Everytime I log on you have just logged off or I am just logging as you log on. From now on you must play when I say and your whole gaming life must revolve around me :p

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Turamber
Lower levels seem to be quite widely discriminated against. Came across a level 7 player who said I was the first person to stop and help him with his questions ... apparently all other high levels he'd spoken to had either ignored him or told him to take a hike.

It's just possible that some of these lowbies are new players and need to be encouraged, not given the impression that DAOC is a closed shop.

It's nice to see that some people actually 'get it' and understand what the problem is, my whole post was about bringing this to light. Maybe it will make a few people think about how they are treating people because at the moment far too many players are treating others like NPC's rather than human beings.

C

chretien

People will pay to twink alts but lowbie mains on the whole can't afford a full suit of crafted armour. One person who is now on my ignore list asked me the price for a full suit of 99% mithril plate and filled my chat bar with expletives when I came back to him with a quote of 160g. Others aren't such arses but I can't afford to make other peoples armour at a loss. I'm spending about a plat a week equipping the lowbies of my own guild - I'll be damned if I'm doing the same for other guilds.
I'll take low level orders if they can pay and if I'm feeling kind and they are kinda broke I'll do them a cost price suit but I'm not in a position to be santa to the server.

P

Pixie.Pebr

What Chretien said.

Fact is that at lower levels you just do not have the money to pay the price, not even the money to pay for materials.

I'm happy to make a few retries for a 99% FA Wep for a guildie going into Thidranki for free (though he or she paying the cost without me asking would make me happier), but handing out weapons on a plate to any random bloke who happen to ask and can't afford to pay just won't cut it.

I'm not crafting to be rich, but I ain't doing it to get poor either.

I currently own 400 gold.
Any crafter wanna make me a MP Arcanium Rapier please?
I promise to pay you later...

Aha? No? Didn't think so.

H

hangianix

Originally posted by old.cHodAX

It takes two minutes for a LGM to make a set of lvl10 chain

Yep, if they have any tailoring skill... Without tailor I can make only studded armors. Anyway, my answer to lvl1 or lvl50 is the same. I'm retired.

P

Piojo

mmm I was skilling sc this morning when someone came up to me and asked me if I was taking orders.

I said yes I supose as I have nothing much to do he then said he knew all the gems he needed but I asked him to do it in the calc and send me the template. Fair enough he sent me the mats list, then he just gave me the armor and said just do the best u can with it.

I mean fair enough I'll do a bg suit for someone if they have it all planned out on a template and send it me but I aint gonna be doing the template for them otherwise it's gonna cost alot more than they think.

Atm I'm just thinking of saying sorry I can't do it

V

vestax

Yeah this is a big problem, my baby reaver hasnt had anything made by non guild crafters despite the /b Could someone pelase craft me a <insert armour / weapon here>

XPing with blue and green weapons / armour sucks :(

And having to wait 4 days for a guild crafter to come online isnt good enough..

<edit>

And before you say "go to DF and buy stuff"

The weapons sucks and you can only get 3 pieces of armour for reavers.... nice one mythic

C

CliffyG

My missus (50 wiz)has been looking for an alchemist to do high level power potions for weeks. Always asks in Diogel and Cam when she's in and hasn't yet got a response. People in my guild can't find anyone to SC/Alchemy their armour either. Whats happened to the hundreds of crafters, surely they've not all stopped. So it's not just low levels struggling. Dread to think how im gonna get my MP suit done :(.

S

Shahla

I started a few weeks ago and have done as many tailoring skill tasks as I can to be able to afford some nice spell crafted items for myself. When I started, though, there were literally dozens of poeple in Camelot training in spell crafting and yet now when I look there seems to be almost none :(. Thanks to Drac for helping me out last night!

I think the availability of materials in the SI area has caused most crafters to move there, effectively removing them from Camelot. Perhaps this was a deliberate policy on Mythic's part to encourage sales of the expansion, which would be pretty cynical but good business I suppose.

The advice to note for people, particularly the lower levels, is to make sure that you have all of the information needed for the spell crafter. I didn't realise this until someone explained it to me so I was able to give Drac full details of my requirements including the ingredients, and if you do this then the crafter is less likely to refuse you (assuming you can find one, that is!). The spellcrafting utilities will usually let you input all of the details of the items you have and then mix and match the different spells and show you the bonuses they will give. Once you have found a configuration you are happy with, you can then print off the list of gems for each item, and also the overall ingredients required.

Do this preparation before you start and the crafters will be more likely to assist... believe me, it is well worth it!

Oh... and if you want any tailored items up to a skill level of about 600 I would be more than happy to take your order for a fair price :)

D

Danya

Originally posted by hangianix
Yep, if they have any tailoring skill... Without tailor I can make only studded armors. Anyway, my answer to lvl1 or lvl50 is the same. I'm retired.
For low level chain/plate you can use merchant bought leather/cloth base parts. It's not as cheap as getting a tailor to make you one, but it's quick.

As for low-level stuff, every now and then I sit in camelot and offer my meagre fletching services (I'm only 625) for people level 25 and below, I get a surprisingly large number of orders - mainly for runewood staffs and quarterstaffs. ;)

N

Nightchill

chodax pretty much said what's been annoying me recently. unless you want af102 then people don't want to know ;)

O

old.Hendrick

Ask in a nice and friendly way, and I'll make you what you need, given I have the time and am not simply afk while crafting. What I don't do is craft loads of MP fine alloy/mithril stuff for Thidranki though.

D

Danya

I don't do MP for any level. Crafting MPs is a mugs game.

C

cHodAX

Agreed, the whole business of making MP for under level 50's in insane. Tbh I would only ever ask for a 99% set for Thid and all the other levels I would take the 96%+ stuff.

G

Gran

Originally posted by Danyan
...Crafting MPs is a mugs game.

Also trying to get 99% af94 mail sleeves is, I am cursed, cursed i tell ya ;)

D

Danya

Originally posted by old.cHodAX
Agreed, the whole business of making MP for under level 50's in insane. Tbh I would only ever ask for a 99% set for Thid and all the other levels I would take the 96%+ stuff.
Most people want 99% at all levels these days for spellcrafting.

Users who are viewing this thread