Albion setup for classic, give input!

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
imo against decent enemy grps 3 caster is very, very risky

so mabeh could try

merc, merc, minstrel, pala, cleric, cleric, sorc, caba

though a good theurg so pwful, afraid of leaving it out.

Jerjerod

Fledgling Freddie
Cant drop the theu :eek:

If i was to edit my group to make it a realy melee group it would be the cabby that would be most likely to get the chop, then the mincer. But i still like that group how it is the best ;)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
AngelHeal said:
id prefer polearm armsman or 2h armsman imo.
LOTSA dmg.. and bodyguard.

Why Pole over 2H? I tried both, don't see any real difference beside of better weapon choice for 2H.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Cleric, Cleric, Tic, Friar, Sorc, Cabalist, Armsman, Paladin is what I'd try.

Very high magical resists, 4 potential healers (even though melee Heretic heals suck), 3 players with very high AF and plate absorb, 5 rezzers, 2 pets for interrupts and enough buffers to buff all. Armsman with Pole or 2H can perma snare someone more or less and I'd defo go 2H on paladin as well for damage on assist train.

You don't have overpowered Banelords on classic and charge alone is not worth it to group more than one Merc imho.

I actually might give it a shot, I am sick of all this bodyguard and grapple bullshit that forces you to run super opted groups on normal servers. It seems classic allows more options for FG vs FG rvr.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Dallas said:
well when NS ran on US, we did:
cleric cleric theurg cabby sorc merc merc pally..

and 2 clerics buff a fg just fine(unless you do thrust mercs, and can live without spec AF buff) both clerics were 43 so red int, wich is really a must if you want casters to be decent dmg dealers :)

EDIT: cabby is more important than theurg btw, imo :) NS > all

nothing is more important than a theurg. Relic was never the problem when we met you. it was your petting often with moc or having that sexy saracen pala stuck to ya. Rly hated that theurg of yours

Not to mention Haste/Eb is rly uberness for merc/assist trains. non haste is a nogo. I guess you could use haste procs on crafted weapons though
:p

oh and darkspire has a lot of spec af charge items value 75 which is very nice. I had one as proc on my vamps weapon

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Eversmallx said:
theurg > mins :worthy:

cant compare those on a Classic server. Minstrel has SoS which is the ultimate own. no speedwarp

We had 2 bards with SoS2 on each. that means opedness vs tank grps

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Cleric(for obvious reasons)
Cleric(-.-)
Theurg (air, use it for mez ;E as mez wont be more than a minor hinderance, and airpets make good interrupters aswell tbh)
Cabbie (can debuff for himself, and spirit debuf for theurg, ns, disease)
Meleetic (for DI, Pr, interrupts)
Bluntmerc (ma)
Thrustmerc(Bonus VS Mid support, neutral vs hib support)
Thrustmerc(Same as above)

on Pots
.. just imo.

Should have enough buffs for all with Heretic.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Dallas said:
well when NS ran on US, we did:
cleric cleric theurg cabby sorc merc merc pally..

and 2 clerics buff a fg just fine(unless you do thrust mercs, and can live without spec AF buff) both clerics were 43 so red int, wich is really a must if you want casters to be decent dmg dealers :)

EDIT: cabby is more important than theurg btw, imo :) NS > all

worked great as well, only classic setup on alb i would use after seeing it in action.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Cozak said:
worked great as well, only classic setup on alb i would use after seeing it in action.

I was on the receiving end ;p

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
We going alb? :(

Can finally try that HO+Crush weapon combo atleast.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Stupid edit limit,anyhow i can't believe noone has mentioned crush mercs yet.

Both hib and Mid light tanks weak to it so would look iwin to me.

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
aye, but ridder, cabby is so needed vs grps with a couple casters, tho they were rare :p

hib shoulda ran:
bard druid druid chanter lighteld hero bm bm

that would be annoyingly tough to fight :)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Dallas said:
aye, but ridder, cabby is so needed vs grps with a couple casters, tho they were rare :p

hib shoulda ran:

what was the experience with tank grps that had separated assists (like 2 zerk on one caster , skald - svg on other) ?

and what about grps that used SoS while inc, in your movie there wasnt a whole lot of them :)

and umm wot happened if caba/theu got nearsighted? : )

Saw your movies, it was nice and well played but somehow i just cant believe that against decent hib or mid doesnt matter, tank grp with SoS - charge you are not in trouble with 1 blocker + 3 casters :p

Caracca

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
id prefer polearm armsman or 2h armsman imo.
LOTSA dmg.. and bodyguard.

great bodyguard.... on classic servers.... dream on :)

+2 mercs got a better dmg over time then the armsman ever will :)

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
what was the experience with tank grps that had separated assists (like 2 zerk on one caster , skald - svg on other) ?

and what about grps that used SoS while inc, in your movie there wasnt a whole lot of them

and umm wot happened if caba/theu got nearsighted? : )

Saw your movies, it was nice and well played but somehow i just cant believe that against decent hib or mid doesnt matter, tank grp with SoS - charge you are not in trouble with 1 blocker + 3 casters

if you have split tank train, cabby qc diseases, and kites tanks around, if midgrp has 4 tanks anyway, they have no casters, so kite em away from healers, call for root, and nuke em down :)

vs ns, purge1 is handy

sos is abit overrated, if hibs or mids need to blow it, they are prolly interrupted and forced to use insta..

all i think sos is good for is getting good positions and keeping healers clear of interrupts :)

but ofc, theres allways something thats gonna be nasty to fight vs. a good grp, hybrid grps were the hardest by far, running 4 tanks 4 support as mid is well bad imo.. need 1-2 casters in every grp at minimum, those were the toughest by far :)

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Dallas said:

hib shoulda ran:

fuck bms when my vamp was hitting like apolerarmsman with magics and uber speed :m00:

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
fuck bms when my vamp was hitting like apolerarmsman with magics and uber speed :m00:

Wonder why they called fotm on those servers :touch:

Everz

FH is my second home
Downanael said:
We going alb? :(

Can finally try that HO+Crush weapon combo atleast.

Rawr another HO Crush Merc, spread the luv !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom