Albion Leadership

K

Karam_gruul

is there 'really' any need for a leader? do other servers have leaders? (im not saying they dont, but im just wondering).

alot of the time in rvr the one deciding factor on who wins a fight/raid is who has the biggest army. and in order to get a large army together you dont need a leader, you just need people to tell they're guilds about raids etc etc (which they almost certainly will do anyway).

we seem to be doing quite well so far with no specific leader.. havnt we?

T

Tigerius

A planning forum seems a good idea, but a major issue is as always who gets to be apart of this inner circle. Saying that Albion is working together when we right now only have a few people in this thread, in best case the fairly small and elitist guilds listed previous. To say that this is the realm working together is a bit of an overstatement. I believe it's a good foundation for setting the guidelines for a greater realm cooperation but I hope people aren't telling themselves these guids are all we need to make Albion work in RvR :rolleyes: , in fact NOT letting other guilds in will be a good way to make them them "clueless newbies" during showdowns.

K

K0nah

Seems to me the ppl who have an interest in the job should discuss it/vote a Commander (notice i dont say leader) who is acceptable to all major guild, in fact have the various guild leaderships do the voting. Once hes elected what he says goes, we all know and understand thats the way it is. If he/she turns out to be SHITE then we vote someone else in :)

Eventually we will find a Commander who is a Leader, with a bit o luck.

And yeh its not a job for 1 person, should be advisors/Lieutenants whatever, a council even.. fs this is getting serious ;)

A

Arthwyr

Tigerius, its a start. If the people from those 10 guilds cant agree then what use is it to invite 20 guilds. I promise you that everybody who wants to participate in the defense of albion will get a chance to do so.

Arthwyr

H

Herbal Remedy

Great leadership is all about the planning and having the support of the majority of guild /people. You can plan a raid till the cows come home but then guild x doesnt show up with the rams parts needed = raid over. Relic raids are not something that can be rushed unless you have all rams stored and a group of people who have done it before. I would rather go on a well planned relic raid where everyone followed what the leader said than 20 rushed unprepared and illdisciplined ones.
I have been asked by a few guilds and people i respect to take leadership on , but i am not prepared to do it as feel there are people who would do a better job / recieve better support. And also its not the leader that wins the day / its the organisation (leader takes a part here ) / and mainly the discipline and patcience of the army he/she commands.
Relic raids can also be ruined by ONE person getting bored and deciding to go have a look round odins so pls if your asked to stay in the telekeep do so, stick auto on and go afk for a few mins dont ruin the efforts of many through the stupidity of one.
Im more than happy to help out in cg with advice, controlling rams, supplying and organising rams , but as it stands i think other people should have the opportunity to show what they can do.
There are a number of people who would make great leaders but im not going to say who, they know who they are and that they have my respect and can call on me anytime for help, support or advice. Another thing raids in the past imo havent had enough rams, hopefully one day ill get round to organisinga 10 - 12 ram raid which i feel is how it should be done. A chat group started with a number fo guilds and trusted freinds 1 -2 days before the raid have all rams stored and prepared even spares.

Another reason why i wont accept leadership , and good luck to the person who does take it up , is the ego problem .

Who cares if u dont like guild x,y,z or person b its a relic raid its for your realm ffs get over the attitude and help your realm. Priorities for me are
Realm
Guild
Freinds
Me

Thats how everyone should feel i hope, we need to work together united becuase split up and divided we will fail.

Ive already typed to much so ill shut up now

H

Herbal Remedy

Another thing the Albion united alliance isnt about giving orders its about info, excal under attack on alliance is much easier and provides a faster responce than having to send 12 different gms then w8 for a reply from them. I personally would love to see more of the guilds with alot of people lvl 40+ in them signed up forget the egos they bickering and the problems. Joining said alliance becuase such and such a guild is in it or we want to plan relic raids with this guild not that becuase we know that guild better is not an opiton. The alliance is for the common good of the realm not an ego trip by any one leader or guild so sign up for it pls
i promise i really will shut up now :D

O

old.Killtoons

Very nice text herbal

Probably the best on this thread 5 stars to it ;) (in a total of 10000 :p j/k)

K

Khalen

Yeah I tried to tell the people that also in the post about IMPORTANT new alliance..

O

old.[SOUL]Anarkii

Some names of players ive seen in RvR that seem too know what they doing when they play, and hence maybe good examples for Albion too follow.

Veeshan
Zarek
Mad
Suka
Elegido

Maybe its best a "Realm Leader" isnt a GM of a Guild. Maybe askign too much for people.

Shinning LvL 32 Pala

LvL 33 by time you read this :)

O

old.Killtoons

I think the vote idea was just perfect :)

O

old.Karamon

Originally posted by [SOUL]Anarkii
Some names of players ive seen in RvR that seem too know what they doing when they play, and hence maybe good examples for Albion too follow.

Veeshan
Zarek
Mad
Suka
Elegido

Maybe its best a "Realm Leader" isnt a GM of a Guild. Maybe askign too much for people.

Shinning LvL 32 Pala

LvL 33 by time you read this :)

Don't agree. I know Veeshan and Elegido good rvr soloing players.
I dont think they know how to lead a rvr group.. even an army.
They are good soloers.. beware out there midis/hibis. :)

T

Treniel

none offence to the ones mentioned but imo it should be one of the following...

Khalen - imo a good ldr
Herbal (even if he don't want to admit it hes a good ldr / knows what to do)
Arthwyr - duno if he could lead a relic raid but i'm sure he could do the little jobs keep raids etc to start off with...
Mad - knows what hes doing but i duno bout the good ldr part :)

a like the idea of a person who RvRs alot like Elegido/Veeshan but imo it should be a GM/Officer of a guild...and sumbody well respected to the whole realm (not meaning u 2)

C

c0ngo

Who the leader isn't that important.

If someone thinks it's time for a go at the Relic and wants to try and organise it fine, the last one went ok for Hienrichs first try at it. (now appears to have failed because a Hibbie scum let the Middies know we were coming and not cause the Middies spotted us)

Most people on relic attempts have been there done that etc and know what to do and anyone that hasn't just needs to hang back and watch whats going on and follow the shouts or /as chat.

Communication is the main thing /as seems to be working a bit atm cause I saw messages from another guild last night.

O

old.Raziel

As i found from leading in beta and the reason why i did not in final, is because there will always be some people who cant be arsed to listen and shout there own orders.

normally "charge" so u get a bunch charge and F*** it for every one else.

i remember doing a keep raid, i had asked Gregorian and Rhenic to pull the gaurds, they were doing a fine job when some bright sparks decided to charge and pull the lot in one go, and then when we got in side, we were going to take out archers and organize in the courtyard, but no so people ran str8 to the lord.

what made it wrose was the lord was bug. and we failed.

because of all the deaths and the bug lord.

what im trying to say, is people will just do what they feel like doing, if some one thinks, oh im going to charge, some others will go to.

so even when u have a leader people will follow untill they decide they dont want to anymore.

it sucks but thats how it works :(

O

old.BJ|Bored

heh tis easy ;)

ill do what my GM tells me ;P so let the GMS sort it out :E

any1 spot the ever so cunning 'pass the buck' idea there ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom