Albion 4-man pve crew suggestion

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
If you had 4 accounts, what would be a good farming crew on alb for different situations? i.e. farming single highlevel mobs, powerlevelling

I was thinking for farming epic mobs:
Necromancer (death servant)
Cleric (enhancement)
Friar (rejuv+enhancement)
??? Minstrel (ablative) / another cleric / another necro / cabalist ?

Bit unsure what to put in the 4th slot

And powerlevelling, basically the same as previous:
Necromancer (death servant)
Cleric (enhancement)
Friar (rejuv+enhancement)
Leech

Would this handle typical PoC pulls?

Or maybe
Paladin
Cleric
Wizard (ice)
Leech

would be better? Suggestions please
I'm at a loss after 4 years away from daoc :p

Genedril

Part of the furniture
TBH I powerleveled with a matter cabbie. Costs less in repairs to armour than a necro. Saying that necro + friar + bot is good for the high end farmage so I'd go with both.

Typically with the friar hot + proc and the occasional heal from friar and bot I could easily take 10 reds at a time on the cabbie pet which should cap most leech leveling.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Necro - servant
Cleric - buffs
Friar - Heal proc + hot
Mauler - 20% abs buff for necro pet

and you can pull 100+ melee mobs and the necro will just laugh at them with the friar heal proc.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Okay, cheers
I am doing necro+cleric+friar (leech) in PoC atm and find it highly effective, 10-15 red/purp each pull. Pretty decent exp considering I can do it solo pretty much

Does anyone have some template suggestions for necro, cleric and friar? Ideally what kind of artifacts or items with /use that are handy for pve

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Okay, cheers
I am doing necro+cleric+friar (leech) in PoC atm and find it highly effective, 10-15 red/purp each pull. Pretty decent exp considering I can do it solo pretty much

Does anyone have some template suggestions for necro, cleric and friar? Ideally what kind of artifacts or items with /use that are handy for pve

Depends how you play necro in pve really, alot of people go for + duration so they can pbaoe once more on the other hand I don't bother as I only use my necro to farm purple con stuff mainly anything below that and i'd use paladin/wiz/cleric :p

my necro suit is something like 101 con 400 hits for the summoning suit and after that

84-87 dex
95 int or so
all resists hard capped
10-15% pp
average power myth

and thats it.

As for cleric and friar just make rvr templates they should cost you next to nothing now if you farm it all yourself.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Thanks, also I take it alot of the mobs from 4 years back aren't farmable anymore? I see you need someone that needs credit to get drops from ML-steps etc

Are dragon items and scales the only things worth farmable these days on Ywain? Or are there items that go into alot of templates that you can get from farming in toa or catacombs

Also exclude sidi and ML10 as those are obvious

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Okay, cheers

Watch out with to many accounts m8, you get banned really fast atm, even if your not using hkn, know alot of people that run 2 pcs with 2 x 2 account who got banned.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Why would running 2x2 accounts be bannable? It makes no sense?
Afaik the new offensive vs macroers is only to apply keystrokes at the same time on multiple clients?

If the same logic applied, then 2x accounts on the same computer would be bannable aswell, which would leave alot of people with buffbots etc aswell screwed

Aslong as people pay for 4x accounts and don't violate any rules then I don't see any issue. It's bad for business to ban people that want to be solo independent, especially with a game that has such a low population

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Why would running 2x2 accounts be bannable? It makes no sense?
Afaik the new offensive vs macroers is only to apply keystrokes at the same time on multiple clients?

If the same logic applied, then 2x accounts on the same computer would be bannable aswell, which would leave alot of people with buffbots etc aswell screwed

Aslong as people pay for 4x accounts and don't violate any rules then I don't see any issue. It's bad for business to ban people that want to be solo independent, especially with a game that has such a low population

Just warning you m8, they just check howmany account are 1 ip if you get reported if its more then 3+ you get banned without getting to say something about it that you are no macro player.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Yeah I know, thanks for warning. But Mythic's ambiguity and vagueness on the topic is quite wank

Technically 4 accounts on 2 computers would trace 2 unique IP's

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Just warning you m8, they just check howmany account are 1 ip if you get reported if its more then 3+ you get banned without getting to say something about it that you are no macro player.

I don't think it will be counted by accounts on 1 ip. You disable "something" when you run more then 2 accounts on 1 pc and i think this is what they can see atm. Then again its just a thought, but i'd recon there are a lot people with more then 4 accounts active on 1 ip.

P.s. Me and Phooka used to crash at his place for example with a lot of cola, beer, pizza's and DAoC! Which would be atleast 3 accounts on 1 (external) ip.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Yeah I know, thanks for warning. But Mythic's ambiguity and vagueness on the topic is quite wank

Technically 4 accounts on 2 computers would trace 2 unique IP's

Exactly. However what if you have a router -> download/firewall/ftp/traffic pc -> rest of the home?

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
I don't think it will be counted by accounts on 1 ip. You disable "something" when you run more then 2 accounts on 1 pc and i think this is what they can see atm. Then again its just a thought, but i'd recon there are a lot people with more then 4 accounts active on 1 ip.

I think this is also the reason, however doubt the system is automatic. My guess is that people report suspected macroers and then Mythic does something

Although I would really appreciate a clear and consise yes/no answer when it comes to running 3+ instances of daoc on the same computer

Also, I don't believe it would be a one-strike-you-are-out ban, more like suspending then look at repeated "offenses", else it would be quite idiotic. Byebye paying customer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom