Question Airport Security?

rynnor

Rockhound
I just wondered if people think its worth having lots of scanners etc. or is it just a useless morale booster like collecting pot metal to build spitfires in WW2?

Personally I tend to think that people are too ingeneous to be stopped by scanners manned by bored security types?

I cant think of a single terrorist attack foiled by scanners but a fair number have been stopped by good intelligence on potential terrorists.

Indeed the latest guy who sparked the current tightening was actually picked up by intelligence agencies they just screwed up :p

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I hate flying. Its shit. I'd much rather get the train, than sit on a flying bus.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Like msot security measures, they only deter and remove the less...bright individuals.

I doubt the security measures are there to make us feel comfortable, knowing that a plane crash is more likely then a terrorist hijacking.

As such, i think they are a necessary annoyance, as without them, we'd have more troubles.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
I hate flying. Its shit. I'd much rather get the train, than sit on a flying bus.

I was like that till i realise i could save 10-30 (depending on day etc) quid and 5-6 hours taking a plane to places in the uk!

Edinburgh to Colchester by train = 6-7 hours at at a cost of 68ish quid

Edinrbugh to Colchester by plane+coach+carbon offsetting+1 case = 2-4 hours at a cost of 55ish quid

Hell my friend got a flight to Edinburgh to Belfast for 2p! TWO FUCKING PENCE!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The Nigerian guy basically set fire to his underpants. All the stuff about combining chemicals is a load of bollocks. The tin foil hat wearer in me thinks this is really convienient when the authorities are busy trying to justify their latest security white elephant - "naked" scanning.

Its all shite and I'd rather take my chances than live in fear.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I would of loved if he blew off his testicles, other that as pointed out he was on various watch lists etc and there was a failure to actually stop him so these sort of reactions aren't that surprising although if some are to be believed they wouldn't of detected it any way.

I've been to Florida a few times but I hate airports, they just seem to do things so shit that it takes forever and the massive amount of waiting no longer appeals.

As for cheap flights internally I don't suspect they will last much longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom