Aion Beta Dates Sept 6-13

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
I'm reserving judgement, but unless the PvP is awesome (and lets be honest, PvP is what has kept DAoC alive) i won't be playing it.

The fact that no game has had pvp with even close to the quality of DAoC's in 7+ years says a lot - either about the state of the PvP content in the MMO industry (WAR /shudders), or how good DAoC's PvP is.

I'm not really sure which.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
First impressions are quite good. I made a cleric , lvl 4 atm. Graphs are nice and it is impressive that i have zero frame lag (unlikely with war). The game seems solid and the questing looks descent. I am yet low level but it seems that even a cleric can decently solo exp as well.
Ofc in the end all that it matters is rvr so when the game goes live we shall know if it worth the money or not :)

unless gameguard gets their act together it wont matter how good the game is. if GG fails so will the game because it wont run without gameguard. and atm its aparently closing randomly alot.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I'm reserving judgement, but unless the PvP is awesome (and lets be honest, PvP is what has kept DAoC alive) i won't be playing it.

The fact that no game has had pvp with even close to the quality of DAoC's in 7+ years says a lot - either about the state of the PvP content in the MMO industry (WAR /shudders), or how good DAoC's PvP is.

I'm not really sure which.

from what i've managed to read about the pvp it doesent seem that impressive. most of it made me think about WoW :(

http://vnboards.ign.com/aion_online_general_board/b23118/111289003/p1

/edit: that post is from the 1.0 version of the game so not completely true anymore.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Well, all damage was nerfed in Aion by 40% already so that hangs in favor of an already op'd defensive class imo :p

aparently not that OP after all, atleast not at 25 :)

skill of the players can be debated ofc... but the chanter still won :p

Syri

FH is my second home
i put my username and password in, press connect, nothing happens for ~15 seconds and then the auth server error comes up. tho this last time GG decided to close the game for me insted before the auth server timed out....

one of my friends had trouble logging in. he deleted addcache.xml from his game folder, and that sorted it.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
yeah i've tried all that. bet its gameguard fucking it up. its caused almost nothing but trouble for me.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
aparently not that OP after all, atleast not at 25 :)

skill of the players can be debated ofc... but the chanter still won :p

Edit: just seen link, not much to say really :p chanter has self buffs/heals at that level templar does not, can't compare them. You could say thats like comparing a level 50 friar to a level 50 paladin that doesnt use chants and hasnt specced in shield.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
speaking of nothing. anyone ever got told that gameguard would be installed with Aion when you installed the game? pretty certain there should be a notice about that as its basically a rootkit that injects itself in every running program in the memory when the game launch, and that many would rather not having one of those on their systems.

because i didnt when i installed through the NC launcher.

and i can also not find anything about GameGuard at all in either their RoC or EULA. shouldn't that be noted there aswell, seing as it is what it is? or is it documented somewhere else that i didnt find?

i mean, look at the stuff its messing around with or closing/disabeling. some of it are as sissy as PC monitoring tools, that potentially could be a bad bad thing if your running a OC'd system on the limit :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NProtect_GameGuard

posted a why gameguard on the beta board and probably will get flamed to hell, tho it does seem to be a crapload of issues with that program. and not just in aion.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Edit: just seen link, not much to say really :p chanter has self buffs/heals at that level templar does not, can't compare them. You could say thats like comparing a level 50 friar to a level 50 paladin that doesnt use chants and hasnt specced in shield.

yeah i guess...

seems odd tho if they dont balance the classes from a pvp perspective even at low levels. i mean, you will be forced to pvp 20 - 25+ after all...

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Download of client complete!

Download of client corrupt :(

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
yeah i guess...

seems odd tho if they dont balance the classes from a pvp perspective even at low levels. i mean, you will be forced to pvp 20 - 25+ after all...

Just have to see how it goes, I can say now that spiritmasters will be shite :p they have a handicap, ready for it?

Their pets can't fly ololololol.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Stopped at level 15 in the beta myself, so I won't waste anymore time in the beta :) I like the game thats enough for me. Going to play a Templar when it goes live, strong pvp class (came 1st in 1v1 tourney :p)

I played a Templar up to 20 solo they a slow levelers being fairly low damage when compared to Gladiator. I do like their survivability. When it starts EA I will role a Templar and a Sorc. The Sorc will be Luri size.

Anyone found a site for how blocking/parry % is calculated?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I played a Templar up to 20 solo they a slow levelers being fairly low damage when compared to Gladiator. I do like their survivability. When it starts EA I will role a Templar and a Sorc. The Sorc will be Luri size.

Anyone found a site for how blocking/parry % is calculated?

I'd like to know the block/parry thing myself tbh, I asume its 400+ per 1% tho.

Edit: and yea going to have a luri sized character myself, unsure what yet tho! might even end up being my templar lol :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
i put my username and password in, press connect, nothing happens for ~15 seconds and then the auth server error comes up. tho this last time GG decided to close the game for me insted before the auth server timed out....

I had the same thing on mine. Main game rig was doing it but laptop went through every time.

I found it was the Anitvirus Scanner - Nortons Internet Security doing it. I deleted all settings for the firewall - program access. Then set it for I choose what goes through. After alt tabbing 3 times to allow traffic it now works fine on gaming rig.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I'd like to know the block/parry thing myself tbh, I asume its 400+ per 1% tho.

Edit: and yea going to have a luri sized character myself, unsure what yet tho! might even end up being my templar lol :)

I thought I'd made my Templar as small as poss but then saw some sorc running around about half my height. Tried the char maker again and found the body shape button made a huge difference. Now remade Small, thin, black with an Afro and named Afrosamurai :)

Worst char I found for levelling is a cleric omg it was painful 10-16, then when everyone starts grouping for the Krall's (Ely) it's gets real easy. Expect its the same for Asmo with the Mau Elite Groups.

So seems a few people will be playing anyone interested in forming a legion and getting some levelling groups going for EA. I'd even roll a cleric/chanter for guild groups

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
I thought I'd made my Templar as small as poss but then saw some sorc running around about half my height. Tried the char maker again and found the body shape button made a huge difference. Now remade Small, thin, black with an Afro and named Afrosamurai :)

Worst char I found for levelling is a cleric omg it was painful 10-16, then when everyone starts grouping for the Krall's (Ely) it's gets real easy. Expect its the same for Asmo with the Mau Elite Groups.

So seems a few people will be playing anyone interested in forming a legion and getting some levelling groups going for EA. I'd even roll a cleric/chanter for guild groups

I am up for this as well. I am up to make a cleric if we organise this :)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Just have to see how it goes, I can say now that spiritmasters will be shite :p they have a handicap, ready for it?

this is a slight handicap, however with DP buff the pets are insane

Syri

FH is my second home
I was planning on forming a casual muck about and do anything legion, unless someone else would rather form one, in which case I'd be happy to join up. Pretty sure I'll be levelling a cleric as my main, but the assassin I've been playing in beta is quite interesting too, I love how involved the combat is with them.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Well it finished downloading overnight, logged in today and first impression was I'd logged into WoW by accident

Any quick start/noobs guide someone could point me too?

Syri

FH is my second home
Well it finished downloading overnight, logged in today and first impression was I'd logged into WoW by accident

Any quick start/noobs guide someone could point me too?

Aion: PowerWiki
that's a pretty good one on the homepage
also AionSource has a lot of decent info
hope these help a bit

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
are any classes a no go? pre ordered it for a quid in town so im in the beta

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

yeah i know :( played one in closed beta and pvp will be fucking shite for that class as the pet is a pretty big part of their DPS, and it will also randomly unsummon itself even if its right behind you.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
are any classes a no go? pre ordered it for a quid in town so im in the beta

from a pvp point of view i'd probably only say spiritmasters because their pets can't fly.

gave up on my ranger before hitting lvl 11 to because of the 2 measly ranged attacks and rather pants damage, but they pick up nicely around lvl 20 - 25 if u can take the deaths up untill then.

playing a chanter atm and enjoying it lots. those auras they get are pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom