Aim to the past?

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Hi, I am usually playing Warhammer now a days, but I can't stop thinking about my DAoC characters. What I want to know is if others feel the same way.

I've been saying since I quit that if the population would rise again in RvR I'd reactivate.

So why not push it along? Those who can afford it could reactivate with me and infiltrate Emain together? :D

If you're interested in one night of fun for old times sake, give me a yell, then we can try to get more people to reactivate.

With dual WAR/DAOC subs it's not that expensive neither.'

I'm speaking of Dyvet of course, as that's where I have my characters.

Regards,

Kinag.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, all the time. I never wanted to stop playing but it seemed that everyone else did. After playing War and been totally disappointed by it I am back playing DAoC on a US Cluster and realising how much of a better game it is. The reason I think about my chars is because I am playing the same realm as I did on Dyvet and would love to be able to transfer them over :D but that isn't gonna happen :(

You'd have a decent pop on Dyvet if everyone that still played and still wanted to play DAoC on other servers had remained.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
I got a 50 VW on Avalon, but my head starts spinning after playing there for a while due to the language barrier.

I'm not german :p

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
English alliances are in the making aswell afaik. Join them!

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
I got a 50 VW on Avalon, but my head starts spinning after playing there for a while due to the language barrier.

I'm not german :p

hey m8e :)

Our guild is back on the DE server come join us again :) we playing again

Kvadi

One of Freddy's beloved
But that means leveling again :(

Unless you play hib? :D

He doesn't, Amph plays Alb.

If you go back to the .DE servers on Hib, give me a shout if you need any help with anything. I'm no German language expert (in fact I'm a bit of an idiot in that regard ;)) but I get by fine.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Thinking of reactivating again if 1.95 comes, but can prolly do it a little earlier if there's more people in on this, and you set a date. Might get some guildies in aswell.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Thinking of reactivating again if 1.95 comes, but can prolly do it a little earlier if there's more people in on this, and you set a date. Might get some guildies in aswell.

The chances are EU won't get 1.95 for a very long time. And Duvet will never have a decent population again.

If you want to play with the latest patches start in the US. If you want the best prime time action go German.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie

what does 1.95 bring?

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Seriously?! >< Mobs that give rp?!

STOP FUCKING PATCHING THIS SHIT! >< People ask for pre-toa and oldskool stuff like OF and old RA's etc, and they give us this instead. As if it wasn't easy enough to get rps already with the 3-4k a kill or whatever you get, but they implement rp-mobs to.

Edit: How long you think till it come eu? Year? Never?

Kvadi

One of Freddy's beloved
The chances are EU won't get 1.95 for a very long time. And Duvet will never have a decent population again.

If you want to play with the latest patches start in the US. If you want the best prime time action go German.

Last news on the reporter about patching (19 Dec last) said they are working on 1.95 and it will be "in the New Year". Take from that what you will.

We both agree on your second point. :iagree: ;)

I definitely subscribe to the view that RPs from mobs is a shitty idea (even though I suck in PvP... :( ).

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Last news on the reporter about patching (19 Dec last) said they are working on 1.95 and it will be "in the New Year". Take from that what you will.

We both agree on your second point. :iagree: ;)

I definitely subscribe to the view that RPs from mobs is a shitty idea (even though I suck in PvP... :( ).

I missed that. I noticed that we were still in patch 1.91 which is how I it was when I last played in September. I didn't realise they were going to do 4 patches at once. I am still very skeptical about when we will get that patch though....

Zerubiel Propane

Loyal Freddie
I think its good for dyvet.

Besides, its not like those mobs will be too easy to kill.
Atleast i don't think so.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Red/Purple con very easily to kill tbh scouts been soloing them and casters easier with a bb worth 1250 rp's atm on US amazing even rr12 been doing them on hib.

If grouped all in group get full rp's for them so there no need to camp them :( Sad I know but people farm these 24/7 lol

Soulja

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
If I was making a new char I'd be doing doppels all the time aswell Soul.. It's loads of bps and champ xp when you hand in the items! Much easier to get mls and cl10 really fast

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
If I was making a new char I'd be doing doppels all the time aswell Soul.. It's loads of bps and champ xp when you hand in the items! Much easier to get mls and cl10 really fast

Wrong you only get RP's for doppels now not BP's anymore.

If you do DF Quests killing nightmares/succubs/princess/doppel and queen you then get a 1 off RP/BP bonus apart from that Doppels are RP based at 1250 rp's.

Yes easy rp's for a low level char but atm in Killbury cluster we see a lot of Grps RR12 especially hibbies farming the diamond loop for the doppels nice rp's for us when they do but lately they seem to be running 2 -3 FG now so when 1 grp gets incoming enemy other grps rush in to help funny to watch :D This hib usually led by RR12 druid Jeep lol Mr moc on inc lol.

When patch hits Dyvet that all there be control for DF to farm them which is good for Alb realm on that cluster as they seem to still have most population out 20 that play lol.So as for rest of realms it be a wasted patch :(

Soulja

CorNokZ

Wrong you only get RP's for doppels now not BP's anymore.

If you do DF Quests killing nightmares/succubs/princess/doppel and queen you then get a 1 off RP/BP bonus apart from that Doppels are RP based at 1250 rp's.

Yes easy rp's for a low level char but atm in Killbury cluster we see a lot of Grps RR12 especially hibbies farming the diamond loop for the doppels nice rp's for us when they do but lately they seem to be running 2 -3 FG now so when 1 grp gets incoming enemy other grps rush in to help funny to watch :D This hib usually led by RR12 druid Jeep lol Mr moc on inc lol.

When patch hits Dyvet that all there be control for DF to farm them which is good for Alb realm on that cluster as they seem to still have most population out 20 that play lol.So as for rest of realms it be a wasted patch :(

Soulja

Don't you get like 800bps when you hand in the doppel set anymore for that quest thingy?

CorNokZ

Might aswell play coop server then :)

How's CL doing mate?

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Might aswell play coop server then :)

How's CL doing mate?

Doing really well on Killbury top guild in Mid for last few weeks RP wise and were top for top guild on cluster.

Been running FG RvR practicly everynight and think all are enjoying it :D

Soulja

Netcode

Can't get enough of FH
kinda fked up really, i mean in the old days you actually rvred to get higher rank etc, now you can go df and farm some mobs.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Is fucking daft, to me it's a great uncrossable line. RPs from RvR only - if you want RPs go RvR or play on PvE server. Why fuck up what's left of DAoC by importing aload of ghey crap from WoW/WAR/where-the-fuck this comes from.

Like Remoteaccess? :drink: :lol: :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom