Film Ah Daniel-San!!!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
It was originally going to be the kung fu kid until people caused a shitstorm, so now you have the karate kid except the kid learnt kung fu.

fuck watching this piece of shit "lol willsmithskid" career launching POS.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I, for one, am sick to death of classics being remade into shit dilutions. I won't be seeing it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well it doesn't really have anything to do with the classic karate kid, except maybe a copy story of "kid move to town, kid get hit, kid train, kid winzor!".

Otherwise it looks like it could be entertaining, Chan does have an entertaining presence and the lil Smith seems to know his stuff too.

Ofcourse it's all speculation before i see the film, but i'm thinking it could be atleast as entertaining as the original.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Well it doesn't really have anything to do with the classic karate kid, except maybe a copy story of "kid move to town, kid get hit, kid train, kid winzor!".

err, that's my point?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
err, that's my point?

Well it's just karate kid 4, as much as karate kid 3 had to do with 1 and 2.

I wouldn't judge it just because it's the next karate kid, they re-onnvented batman and superma...well...batman :p

Prejudgement can ruin a good movie, or praise a crap one, so don't let your hate of remakes(which often are better then original) ruin this, which isn't one.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Though above being said, i do understand where you're coming from as i'm "almost sick of" the dark style of every movie, series etc.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's not the darkness, it's the shitness and the removal of the subtext.

Rollerball's a great film with plenty to say. It's remake? :(

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I won't be going to the cinema for this. I suspect its one for a bit of popcorn giggles after its done doing the cinema rounds. I always like Jackie Chan in stuff, even though a lot of the stuff he appears in is pretty shit (Forbidden Kingdom being a notable exception, its great fun).

I noticed in the trailer (as is common) they're bringing in all the ol' chestnuts music-wise from other films such as Last Samurai etc to get that subliminal "YOU WILL LIKE THIS" in it.

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
not surprised that the top bosses are getting fired if they remake this again

Ono

Part of the furniture
This effort is pretty shit tbh.

I always had an issue with this film bringing the age of the protagonists down by about 3-4 years on average because it reduces the plausibility of the love story.

Training scenes lacked emotion, partly due to the weak score and the bit up in the mountain monastery was just plain stupid. The jacket thing was really poor compared to Miyagi's methods

The bad guys lacked the smarmy badness of the original Cobra Kai bunch and actual tournament was no fun to watch. The climax was nowhere near as exciting or emotional as Daniel-san's crane kick. Not worth the effort if it doesn't imrpove the original in any way.

4 out of 10.

Even Jackie Chan couldn't match Pat Morita's perfomance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom