Agramon plx

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Well but i thought Alb was always the overpopulated (herald and RoH stats) Maybe now is not that way i cannot check as i don't play actually, and they (we) also used to Zerg at the Old Emain, more often than any other realm, about Hibs, yeah they had been normally the lowest pop realm, about mids being better, well 8vs8 Healer AOE stun was (is) something that any other realm has, and in the old times, not many purges or toys to avoid that = dead by zerkers/sms etc

Its more a problem of there being a very large floating population now which follows the relics. So there is little stability and a large group of people simply log into the toon where the relics is. Add to that the fact that those who make FG's tend to go to Mid because of the toys and you can see the kind of problem Ywain faces.

Don't get me wrong this is still a great game - but ywain has very particular issues that make it not so great to play on at times.

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
Its more a problem of there being a very large floating population now which follows the relics. So there is little stability and a large group of people simply log into the toon where the relics is. Add to that the fact that those who make FG's tend to go to Mid because of the toys and you can see the kind of problem Ywain faces.

Don't get me wrong this is still a great game - but ywain has very particular issues that make it not so great to play on at times.

Cluster gives these kind of situations (floating population on realms) i feel this game had gone out of Mythic's hands long time ago and now floats over the sea where sometimes Mythic blows boat sails and then watch direction it takes, just to see it is going nowhere...:(

br1te

Loyal Freddie

Not that i want to get into a dicussion of alb vs hib vs mid really but....

Each realm is pretty well balanced and far from the situation you are trying to make out.

Hibernia probabaly bottom of the pile at the moment which is down to interupts because they have a lack of instas and pet classes but if you mould your group properly this shouldnt be a problem. It just makes forming a group a bit harder because you have to be more picky whereas a mid group needs 2 healers 1 shaman and anything else *can* work but obviously not going to be as good as a properly balanced group. I'd say albion is obviously the easier realm to play due to the rediculous utility teamed with massive damage and range on thier casters. Add in tics, thuergs and minstrels and you have to play pretty badly to lose the interupt battle and therefore the fight.

Fact is you can moan about other realms and other players all you want it isnt going to change anything, you have to get yourself out there and try and compete. If everyone did that instead of just moaning then we would have agramon back how it used to be.

Don't expect things to be easy from the start, if you cant be arsed to try and compete then go zerg zones and quit whining because who gives a flying fook about balance when its 100 vs 1

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Not only makes forming a group harder, it also makes it easier to counter your tactics/group.

When it comes to 8vs8 mid is on top of the food chain, everyone knows that. It has bin for years and the amount of groups running in Agramon has shown it aswell. Not saying it's easymode, but...

Also I think a lot of people cba to "compete" on a certain high lvl anymore. Especially if you just formed a set group or running a pug and are faced against a high rr set group thats bin running for years (not just Maelstrom).

It's whats going wrong with this game anyway. The casual gamer can't enjoy it anymore, because whatever you do you have todo it 100%. Be it 1vs1, 8vs8, or just zerg surf. Almost everyone has a near perfect template, runs a set group for years and even the zerg has found the F8 key + the perfect spot.

Not too mention if you get a bad rep for whatever reason, you wont get an invite into a group anytime soon.

So much for going out on your gimp toon, just having fun and a chat with 7 others whilst rvr'ing or fooling around in the zerg.

DAoC has become like having sex with your wife. Usually its a quicky with lots of moaning and the occasionally "hurry up!". Anti climax 4tehloose. Sometimes you don't miss it at all and go for weeks without it. Then your penis reminds you again, because it has a sudden urge. It's good for a day or 2 and then its the same old, same old again.

There. That's a proper whinge. :D

P.s. havent the German and the French joined Ywain yet btw?

Preatoria

Loyal Freddie
DAoC has become like having sex with your wife. Usually its a quicky with lots of moaning and the occasionally "hurry up!". Anti climax 4tehloose. Sometimes you don't miss it at all and go for weeks without it. Then your penis reminds you again, because it has a sudden urge. It's good for a day or 2 and then its the same old, same old again.

Best comparison i read in a long time. + Rep ;)

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie

There. That's a proper whinge. :D

LoL!!!

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
y%2Bso%2Bsrs.jpg

Thought I'd post the cat picture here before Punishment does.

Genedril

Part of the furniture

Each realm is pretty well balanced and far from the situation you are trying to make out.

Hibernia probabaly bottom of the pile at the moment which is down to interupts because they have a lack of instas and pet classes but if you mould your group properly this shouldnt be a problem. It just makes forming a group a bit harder because you have to be more picky whereas a mid group needs 2 healers 1 shaman and anything else *can* work but obviously not going to be as good as a properly balanced group. I'd say albion is obviously the easier realm to play due to the rediculous utility teamed with massive damage and range on thier casters. Add in tics, thuergs and minstrels and you have to play pretty badly to lose the interupt battle and therefore the fight.

Fact is you can moan about other realms and other players all you want it isnt going to change anything, you have to get yourself out there and try and compete. If everyone did that instead of just moaning then we would have agramon back how it used to be.

Don't expect things to be easy from the start, if you cant be arsed to try and compete then go zerg zones and quit whining because who gives a flying fook about balance when its 100 vs 1

Come now - it's a known fact that everyone else is over powered or just plain cheating if they win. Every realm cannot compete because the others are just plain op'd (insert baseline stun / vamps / mid insta rupts / bd+warcock / alb dmg + range / theurg whine here).

Gahn

Resident Freddy

I concur with almost all you saying Britehhh, but covering the fact that, with nowadays RvR, Mid groups are far superior is a bit of a wannabe cover :p.
Anyway if you guys keep it up till September, you gonna have some form of Nfd fg to get Rps off!

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Hib is pretty dead atm. The /as is anyhow, and...afaik....guilds haven't left it, just they're mostly inactive. There is 1 or 2 ex-EU guilds running outside it, dunno if they're running aggroman or wtf.

Hopefully, after summer things will pick up, at least to run /as PuGs again. But somehow doubt they'll be up to meeting fixed grps on aggroman. We might have something then but somehow doubt it'll be going there much either.

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
running to agramon can still be fun, even though i dont find it as funny as before it's still a good time.
but alot of people rage and l&l when they loose, that makes it boring to play nowadays.

also you need "proper" players on each class and they should know what todo pretty well, else your fekked vs a good group.
at times we run in zerg zone because we have 2-5 people repping and rather have some fights there than die 3-4 times vs a good grp and have people ragelogging :)

myself have found a new love for the game thou, stealther! :D

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
running to agramon can still be fun, even though i dont find it as funny as before it's still a good time.
but alot of people rage and l&l when they loose, that makes it boring to play nowadays.

also you need "proper" players on each class and they should know what todo pretty well, else your fekked vs a good group.
at times we run in zerg zone because we have 2-5 people repping and rather have some fights there than die 3-4 times vs a good grp and have people ragelogging :)

If you say nightshade i'm going to get a rather fat yet hairy swedish stripper to sit on your face and peddle your ears madi.

delete

Can't get enough of FH
I concur with almost all you saying Britehhh, but covering the fact that, with nowadays RvR, Mid groups are far superior is a bit of a wannabe cover :p.
Anyway if you guys keep it up till September, you gonna have some form of Nfd fg to get Rps off!

ye you better off running around with a ranger killing stealthers :)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
ye you better off running around with a ranger killing stealthers :)

Yep ofc i did, kinda bored of getting duoed, trioed and generally speaking pincushioned by hordes of morons and fgs all day ^^

Prolly gonna do it more and more tbh.

Wanna talk about using insta mezz to chase a trio in Odin's since we are at it? :p

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
Right, so is it possible to say transfer ones .DE chars to ywain now or they stil havn't come around to implement that? :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Right, so is it possible to say transfer ones .DE chars to ywain now or they stil havn't come around to implement that? :)

should be any time now the french players are allowed to xfer from the french cluster so i'm unsure why the .de ones are not.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
So to sum it up, Fagström lost a 8vs8 and is now rolling an 8 man stealth zerg instead?

Kekeke!

Septina

Part of the furniture

FU STEALTHER SCUM!!! Make more groups, healer needs RR11. :(

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
should be any time now the french players are allowed to xfer from the french cluster so i'm unsure why the .de ones are not.

Hmm, odd they havn't just opened the flodgates yet for all servers. Only char I'd wanna give another go is my arms sadly it is stuck on stonehenge :(

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Hmm, odd they havn't just opened the flodgates yet for all servers. Only char I'd wanna give another go is my arms sadly it is stuck on stonehenge :(

slap mythic :p frenchys can defo transfer tho because that rr13 paladin avengers in on ywain now from the french cluster

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Idd, WTB .DE transfers now!! :(

i couldnt give a monkeys arsehole tbh cba opening eu account just to transfer them to usa and thus end up paying for 3 accounts, if mythic offered a free account to account transfer perhaps i'd open it yes... like fuck am I paying $40 a character tho.

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
i couldnt give a monkeys arsehole tbh cba opening eu account just to transfer them to usa and thus end up paying for 3 accounts, if mythic offered a free account to account transfer perhaps i'd open it yes... like fuck am I paying $40 a character tho.

I'm sure it would be the same deal as for the english and now french clusters, as in for free due to server pop decline.

Minidk

Loyal Freddie
blub blab blip eval fangi blaki banok yin yango `???????:worthy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom