agramon group rvr

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
when is there going to be lots group rvr on agramon again ?....

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Erm, there was quite a lot tonight :eek: Shame about the number of adds but hey, that's life.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
Erm, there was quite a lot tonight :eek: Shame about the number of adds but hey, that's life.

For my group, the adding didn't seem so bad. Only had one occation where we were just rounding up the last of a hib group and PE storms in attacking. They probably hadn't seen there still were hibs left. But, before the fight is halfway done another hib group adds.

Then there were another spot where a hib and alb group was fighting. We tried to run away, but some druid and chanter probably thought we were about to add, so there were a bit of bobbing about on that one. :)

That's the only add case in about an evening worth of Agramon, so that seems pretty decent to me. :)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
just wondering alittle about this..

last night we engaged AoD I think it was and another hibgroup there in same area got mezzed from the albs, we ofc continued to engage AoD and Terra Dominus jumped into the fight aswell and we got quite confused tbh, we in AD discussed it and came to the conclusion that if we happen to get mezzed we will just demezz and move on.. Its a bit unclear what is counted as an attack and retaliate, I dont find a mez too disturbing really but apparently some do. Any thoughts on this?

Some night ago we also jumped into a mid/alb fight on agra and we really thought this would be ok since it creates a 3way. Is it not ok to hop into a fight between the 2 opposing realms? Any reasoning behind it if its not considered to be ok? Rures group was one of the albgroups and they all died, later on we had about 20 albs engaged at beno and who adds in from behind.. yup, Rures group, I assumed they got annoyed from the 3way fight and buttplugged us because of that but I am unsure here.

So far I have seen one single group that just pass by ongoing fights without adding outside Agra, why is this? Is everything outside Agramon just a big FFA for every GG out there these days? (except for the one group we saw that just ran by) Would be nice with some clarification here aswell since we will abide by the ongoing rules and add just like everybody else unless we totally have missed out on something here. I dont intend to be better or worse than anyone else regarding adding since I'm tired of hypocritical bullshit, there's no point in showing any kind of restraint towards anyone if they dont do it back, it is just that simple.

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
if you see a fight in agramon, run by, no matter whos fighting, thats what our groups go by anyway, outside agra we still run by 99% of the fights even if its some ***** like synergy/aod who have never shown the respect back

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
we will not engage a 2 way fight between Mids and Albs. We don't add outside Agramon where possible - though sometimes it is not always clear. Its why agramon is a much better place to be at least then we can be clear about what we are doing. I would say avoid all ongoing fights where possible.

Not everyone does it but that does not change how we play.

Uberlama

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
just wondering alittle about this..

last night we engaged AoD I think it was and another hibgroup there in same area got mezzed from the albs, we ofc continued to engage AoD and Terra Dominus jumped into the fight aswell and we got quite confused tbh, we in AD discussed it and came to the conclusion that if we happen to get mezzed we will just demezz and move on.. Its a bit unclear what is counted as an attack and retaliate, I dont find a mez too disturbing really but apparently some do. Any thoughts on this?

Yep was my fault. Saw your grp passing on the other side of the forest and mezzed some of you, now I was still casting a few mezz on the support when other hib grp arrived and got in the area of my mezz, then they jumped us too.
But, it happened when we wanted to pass a fight, and the hib or mid grp was just finishing, what we couldn't really see, and they mezzed us while we were passing, and we died cos everyone in our grp was still on stick etc. This happened quite much but only from certain grps like groove, and those "pug"s with mael, groove, np, etc ppl in it, and some times from those high rr pug hibs are running nowadays. So it's very hard to decide what to do, because if you dont spread immediately if u see a fight u risk that u get mezzed and killed, and if u spread the enemy who may not want to attack you cos they are fighting will take it as an offensive move and will try to kill you.

Imo give back those setgrps, so we can know what to expect. Pugs, even if everyone high rr well known, tend to behave like a fkin noob cos they can say, it's just a pug grp.

Slayn

Loyal Freddie
Imo, having run bard, and therefore steered group.

It generally takes about 0.5 seconds to tell whether something is a fight when you get into clip range. If it's fight the group is not on stick, i.e. spread, they aren't running at mach 5, you see swarps etc. ppl running with weapons out. It's not rocket science.

So when you see that, you steer *away*. None of this going closer to inspect fight as you have no business there. You make sure your group are on stick and you move around or away. If you get mezzed then that means you were in a place you had no business being. i.e. it's your fault

There are exceptions, when you don't see anything until point blank range (like coming through a milegate) and that is confusing yeh. But I find they're few and far between.

From the opposite angle, playing a primary CC'er, if I see fg running within 1000 units from me, yes I will almost always have to mez them, unless they are clearly intending to pass or they are group I *know* won't add.

Uberlama

Fledgling Freddie
Eleasias said:
if you see a fight in agramon, run by, no matter whos fighting, thats what our groups go by anyway, outside agra we still run by 99% of the fights even if its some ***** like synergy/aod who have never shown the respect back

Outside agramon its RvR, not fg vs fg, we get zerged way too much time outside agra than u do i reckon, so we don't care, only if its alb setgrp fights then we don't add outside agra. But I don't know what do you expect if its irvr ^^ Here comes the favourite quote, go and play chess if you want fair play all the time.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
Some night ago we also jumped into a mid/alb fight on agra and we really thought this would be ok since it creates a 3way. Is it not ok to hop into a fight between the 2 opposing realms? Any reasoning behind it if its not considered to be ok? Rures group was one of the albgroups and they all died, later on we had about 20 albs engaged at beno and who adds in from behind.. yup, Rures group, I assumed they got annoyed from the 3way fight and buttplugged us because of that but I am unsure here.

do as yourself see fit. some ppl think that 3-ways add something to the fight, some think it ruins it. personaly i think the fgvsfg-fights are the most fun and i would be happy if grps from a 3:rd realm stay out of fights since it can be quite easy for them to just rush in and kill off the to opposing grps.

but it's up to you :) although sometimes the 2 grps already fighting can turn to fight the 3rd grp together and then just depart, so you might get more than you bargained for when you make a 3way fight :)

Shike said:
So far I have seen one single group that just pass by ongoing fights without adding outside Agra, why is this? Is everything outside Agramon just a big FFA for every GG out there these days? (except for the one group we saw that just ran by) Would be nice with some clarification here aswell since we will abide by the ongoing rules and add just like everybody else unless we totally have missed out on something here. I dont intend to be better or worse than anyone else regarding adding since I'm tired of hypocritical bullshit, there's no point in showing any kind of restraint towards anyone if they dont do it back, it is just that simple.

personaly i think it's just easier to tell the nature of the fight in agramon than in the rest of the frontier. in agramon you can almost be 100% sure that it's a fg-fight since it's mostly restricted to fgs running there. but in the rest of the frontier it's a different thing since you have zergs, small grps, bridge camping, tower fights, keep siege:ing there.

i don't know why some ppl take iRvR or just regular frontiers RvR as an excuse to add on everything. ofc, "accidents" are more prone to happen there, but to just blame it on iRvR is abit silly as far as i'm concerned (except bridge camping, tower fights and keep siege*).

* might be abit hypocritical (spelling?) but that's my view of things.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Slayn said:
Imo, having run bard, and therefore steered group.

It generally takes about 0.5 seconds to tell whether something is a fight when you get into clip range. If it's fight the group is not on stick, i.e. spread, they aren't running at mach 5, you see swarps etc. ppl running with weapons out. It's not rocket science.

So when you see that, you steer *away*. None of this going closer to inspect fight as you have no business there. You make sure your group are on stick and you move around or away. If you get mezzed then that means you were in a place you had no business being. i.e. it's your fault

There are exceptions, when you don't see anything until point blank range (like coming through a milegate) and that is confusing yeh. But I find they're few and far between.

From the opposite angle, playing a primary CC'er, if I see fg running within 1000 units from me, yes I will almost always have to mez them, unless they are clearly intending to pass or they are group I *know* won't add.

I think thats the best advice so far.. just toodle off if anything is in view unless it is clear they are running around looking for a fight. Sorry Rure! :) And whoever the mids was :)

Although, we need some more RR's for agramon atm I think but we'll head there for some carnage aswell even with low RR just for the fun :)

Lethul

FH is my second home
lpep said:
when is there going to be lots group rvr on agramon again ?....

there was loads in agramon yday, but instead you ran Odin's Gate allnight ganking duo's \o/

Shike: its ok for this time!

ps. i play Rure abit nowdays ;)

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Would be good to see more groups running in agramon, including mid level rr startup gg's. I'm sure everyone would cut you a bit of slack and not mind too much if you engage pretty soon after on a group that has just won - will even things out rr wise. Maybe i'm being a bit optimistic there.

raid

Can't get enough of FH
Cromcruaich said:
Would be good to see more groups running in agramon, including mid level rr startup gg's. I'm sure everyone would cut you a bit of slack and not mind too much if you engage pretty soon after on a group that has just won - will even things out rr wise. Maybe i'm being a bit optimistic there.

well said. hats off to nfd and severance for example, both have been running regular grp for quite a while without resorting to zerging or adding, and they both have became a hard fight lately.

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Shike said:
last night we engaged AoD I think it was and another hibgroup there in same area got mezzed from the albs, we ofc continued to engage AoD and Terra Dominus jumped into the fight aswell and we got quite confused tbh, we in AD discussed it and came to the conclusion that if we happen to get mezzed we will just demezz and move on..

Tough call that one - having barded and tanked in that kind of situation you need to make a very fast call as to if you can safely de-mezz and leave or if you will find yourself subject to a follow up 'attack' and therefore need to act first.

I guess your preference is the ideal judgement call, I would also guess you would not be best pleased if you tried to run away and got bombed as you did so.

The whole issue is to trust the opposition to have the same point of view and ethics as you do - in Agramon that seems to happen most of the time.

I have to agree with Crom - be nice to see some lower RR groups there. I run with NFD 2 there at times and whilst the increased activity recently is a breath of fresh air compared to the zerg iRvR creates we do find ourselves outmatched most of the time by some very high RR albs and mids.

Fortunately we do not simply take a night of low Rps as a bad night but we run back and try to improve our game and our tactics. Still be nice to have a chance of winning a few here and there ;)

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
Wish I rolled Alb, 9-10 Hib fgs in Agramon Monday. Wtf is going on! :)

Still virtually flawless add free night, odd exception. /combined hug

Sunday was better though, 12 min fights and stuff...

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
Tuorin said:
Wish I rolled Alb, 9-10 Hib fgs in Agramon Monday. Wtf is going on! :)

Sunday was good action but tonight there was like 1fg hib and 1fg alb out.. ? :eek7:
Where are all the groups ? Beno bridge 30 albs same with DC bridge .. why cant they stop standing there and make groups ffs?

offtopic; lol at the locked threads , thank god we still have the grats thread !

Slayn

Loyal Freddie
wittor said:
And tonight there was like 1fg hib and 1fg alb out.. ? :eek7:
Where are all the groups ? Beno bridge 30 albs same with DC bridge .. why cant they stop standing there and make groups ffs?

offtopic; lol at the locked threads , thank god we still have the grats thread !

Did cpl roams around agra but found nothing. For some reason was just not the same number of gg's in Agra tonight. Don't know what reason for that could be... *cough* Arsenal scum *cough*

Know what you mean about the thread closures. Perhaps if we make surreptitious posts in the grats threads and put it in coded language, then the mods will miss it and not close the thread because its proving too embarassing.

Deadweight89

Fledgling Freddie
Monday was good for fights, had fun running NFD GG1 group there.
Looking forward to wednesday when we run againand hopefully we can actually give majsan a bloody good hiding, you annoying little kobbie! :twak:

off topic : - lol x2 at locked threads, locked in the name of auther!

Uberlama

Fledgling Freddie
Slayn said:
Did cpl roams around agra but found nothing. For some reason was just not the same number of gg's in Agra tonight. Don't know what reason for that could be... *cough* Arsenal scum *cough*

Know what you mean about the thread closures. Perhaps if we make surreptitious posts in the grats threads and put it in coded language, then the mods will miss it and not close the thread because its proving too embarassing.

repped tbh for the sig :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom