Agramon = fg vs. fg only?

Jor

Fledgling Freddie
Hi there,
I decided to do a sightseeing tour to Agramon Island yesterday (yes - I am still doing my sightseeing runs *g*) because I have never been there before.

I was hugged by a Hib group (Crom's group /wave) that passed me when I was close to the Hib gates and watched some group fights (Mid vs. Hib, Mid vs. Alb) from a distance. I wasn't steamrolled by groups (ok - a lonely Valky on a horse - thats easy to see that I was solo ;) but still...) - very nice guys!

And nobody was jumping me 1:1 nor did I found another solo player. That's why my question: is Agramon only a 8v8 RvR place or is there other action as well? Just wanna know - am curious ;)

/wave

Gahn

Resident Freddy
It's the zone designated for the fg crowd atm aye, at least till Lotm is out i guess.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Gahn said:
It's the zone designated for the fg crowd atm aye, at least till Lotm is out i guess.

it' a zone purpously left allone by the majority of players to avoid the constant whining and insults by a leet few who faill to undertand that there is no I or 8 in a mmorpg based around an eternal total war between 3 kingdoms.

it's like 'let them have their leet we-pawn zone and kill eachother in their near perfect setups' and let us fight our realm war without getting yelled at.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Muylaetrix said:
it' a zone purpously left allone by the majority of players to avoid the constant whining and insults by a leet few who faill to undertand that there is no I or 8 in a mmorpg based around an eternal total war between 3 kingdoms.

it's like 'let them have their leet we-pawn zone and kill eachother in their near perfect setups' and let us fight our realm war without getting yelled at.

Is it really needed to bring up this rotten argument over which we won't NEVER agree every fucking time?

Muylaetrix said:

Another clueless post, by an equal clueless player.

One question I got for you.

Why would any solo person go there? Why? You get more RPs doorstepping like an idiot at your own bridge or docks.

The same aspects some of you ppl praise and raise to the skys are the same that ruins the whole game, and then you blame it on the ppl that made the game competative and progressing, ironic tbh.

On topic, I think with LoTM travling to and from Agramon will be worth it. Solo RvR will pick up in the zone, small scale rvr will pick up.

Mythic should been smart enough to make so ppl have to pass enemy Milegates to get to their LotM zone in spot, that would give us the real rvr back, giving ppl a reason to travel in the zone.

Now I fear that ppl will go meet up in the middle of agramon and zergs will be concentrated there.

Would be better if the zergs could be concetrated around the milgates(4 of them), wich isn't campable in the same manner as they were in OF, also providing for choke points wich will gurantee action for the small groups/solo ppl.

All in all I think 8v8 will become harder in agramon after LotM but the casual sol/small grpplay might improve, depend how ppl go about it, if they travel to the LotM port in grps of 4 or solo, will determine if it will be zerg wars in the middle or not.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Muylaetrix said:

You can be a bit of a dick sometimes.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Muylaetrix said:

game is what the players make of it

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Cromcruaich said:
You can be a bit of a dick sometimes.

if reacting to the tirades by some players who play this game like they are the master of the universe and everybody should ask for their aproval out of fear of upsetting those people, makes me a dick, it'll be a tittle i wear with pride.

lol, i'm saying a lot of us just stopped going there, not because we are being asked kindly, but because we are so sick of getting yelled at.

yes i CHOOSE to stay away from a bunch of what i consider rude bastards to cought up in their own ego trip, if i have the option.

for all i care, i wish mythic would give you lads a colloseum (or you could just go play guildwars) with announcer and crowd to cheer you on in your 'duels' if that would mean that people who feel the need to insult people ingame for their legimate actions, would stay out of the rvr zone.

i don't mind getting pawned or zerged or anything, that is the nature of the game.

i mind people who use profanity against me from the safe place behind their computer.

Jor

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
it's like 'let them have their leet we-pawn zone and kill eachother in their near perfect setups'

That's what NF feels atm for me most of the time. No whine, just how it feels. Get a boat, run around - get ganked by XXX and everybody says it's normal and: if you can't win against them - avoid them!

Ok - so I avoid getting a boat and visiting Hib/Alb.

I sometimes do "guard patrols" and "bridge patrols" along Mid shore. And get ganked by highly optimized groups OR am (maybe) yelled at being a doorstepper.

Ok - so I avoid going to Mid frontier too?

and let us fight our realm war without getting yelled at.

Where exactly is the FUN part then you are talking about? DF? PoC?

Now I won't stop visiting the frontier and trying to get a feeling for things and have my fun - that's what I call "sightseeing tours". I am not lazy in finding new things to entertain me ;) And when I don't understand things or got questions - I just ask.

This time I asked about Agramon.

Sorry if I got in your way with this - maybe that Agramon thingie/situation offends you... how shall I know? If so - attack me personally if you absolutely have to but don't use the thread to rise anger amongst other players that just read here. Ofc I would like it better if you'd just answer and give explanations and hints - you don't HAVE to yell at me. That's optional.

@All
Since I didn't managed to see all of Agramon yesterday I'll for sure roam there now and then so don't be astonished to see a little dwarf on a somewhat too big horse doing silly things there ;) or watching a fight between you "8v8" people just for the fun of it. Will try to find me a good lookout point for that - seeing the some groups circling the decayed lands at almost adjacent positions was funny yesterday.

/wave /smile

Jor

Fledgling Freddie
errm ... guys - keep cool please. I just asked a question. It spoils my fun if nearly every post here on FH has this kind of "flaming war" in it :( :(

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Jor said:
errm ... guys - keep cool please. I just asked a question. It spoils my fun if nearly every post here on FH has this kind of "flaming war" in it :( :(

Its just that on FH, we tend to have people of extremely polarised views.

I don't have a problem with singles going around Agramon, its your time and subscription. You will get killed by accident sometimes ... maybe being to close to a fight ... someone looks up and sees you standing nearby.

Lotm will change things slightly, but there is that huge void the other side of the gates for fgs to fill.

Jor

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
for all i care, i wish mythic would give you lads a colloseum (or you could just go play guildwars) with announcer and crowd to cheer you on in your 'duels' if that would mean that people who feel the need to insult people ingame for their legimate actions, would stay out of the rvr zone.

All is cool for me mate - cool down :touch: I didn't asked for 1:1 or a colloseum, I just was astonished that I even could travel untouched to the island where I was ganked EVERYTIME I tried that on Hib with my Druid right at 1st or 2nd bridge ;)

And I read those "Agramon ..." posts and thought there would be some kind of heavy action - but all I saw where some fg vs. fg fights and nothing else. Only attackers I got were some silly deers that jumped me ;)

That's why I just went into "Huh?"-mode and asked here.

Have fun all!

kivik

Part of the furniture
Jor said:
Sorry if I got in your way with this - maybe that Agramon thingie/situation offends you... how shall I know? If so - attack me personally if you absolutely have to but don't use the thread to rise anger amongst other players that just read here. Ofc I would like it better if you'd just answer and give explanations and hints - you don't HAVE to yell at me. That's optional.

:worthy:

Jor > muyltwat :)

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Jor said:
All is cool for me mate - cool down :touch: I didn't asked for 1:1 or a colloseum, I just was astonished that I even could travel untouched to the island where I was ganked EVERYTIME I tried that on Hib with my Druid right at 1st or 2nd bridge ;)

and reading Muylaetrix you would believe that the people in there are wankers who are leet and treat other players with disrespect. Despite his opinion your post says that in fact Agramon is a different place - different to the rest of the server. It is a place where you can actually see some respect between people.... you for example could go there and have a nice night just wandering around largely untouched...

Seems to me that someone has deliberately misconceived the topic.

I dunno maybe there is a degree of envy that people can have some fun playing the game in a different way? I dunno.... you decide ;)

Muylaetrix - you would be welcome in Agramon anytime. I fear the problem with that would be that a lot of you guys would not be able to stand up long enough to see just how much fun it can be. :p

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Muylaetrix said:
if reacting to the tirades by some players who play this game like they are the master of the universe and everybody should ask for their aproval out of fear of upsetting those people, makes me a dick, it'll be a tittle i wear with pride.

lol, i'm saying a lot of us just stopped going there, not because we are being asked kindly, but because we are so sick of getting yelled at.

yes i CHOOSE to stay away from a bunch of what i consider rude bastards to cought up in their own ego trip, if i have the option.

i don't mind getting pawned or zerged or anything, that is the nature of the game.

i mind people who use profanity against me from the safe place behind their computer.

A dick with serious issues.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Sharkith said:
and reading Muylaetrix you would believe that the people in there are wankers who are leet and treat other players with disrespect. Despite his opinion your post says that in fact Agramon is a different place - different to the rest of the server. It is a place where you can actually see some respect between people.... you for example could go there and have a nice night just wandering around largely untouched...

Seems to me that someone has deliberately misconceived the topic.

I dunno maybe there is a degree of envy that people can have some fun playing the game in a different way? I dunno.... you decide ;)

Muylaetrix - you would be welcome in Agramon anytime. I fear the problem with that would be that a lot of you guys would not be able to stand up long enough to see just how much fun it can be. :p

Nice one, you said what i couldnt be bothered to in response to the same old bile that spills form Mul. I'm sick of his victim attitude.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Lets collate all the posts from the current crews who are enjoying agramon, and compare them with posts from Mul and see who has the more open, respectful and tolerant attitude to fellow players.

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:

actualy it was prety much empty 4 shit long time until the 8vs8 crowd desided to play there, and now u say u dont go there because u dont wanna be yelled @ rofl that is the biggest piece of shit i have ever read...
besides u rly cant fight a computer "war" without attacking or defending anything and there isnt anything but land in agramon witch in daoc u cant own, so its pointless to even fight the big war's there as u dont gain anything if u win...

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:

Sadly it's just like this FH section is left alone by the majority of players to avoid the constant whining and insults...

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Muylaetrix said:

You know that in this fancy 3D world we live in, a medal has 2 sides? =)

If you want you can zerg to your hearts content and I'm not gonna cry at you for doing it, cause it's the way you like to play the game. In the frontiers are lots of people who play like you and with them you can have your gigantic realm wars.

But now tell me. What's wrong with a few people deciding to play another style and go to a zone which is really far away from everything else and enjoy the game their way. You make it look like if all those who run on Agramon are leet cocks who insult other people, but I'm sry this isn't the case. Go check who runs Agramon nowadays and I could tell you for sure that NFD look like a bunch of really nice guys.

You also make it look as if people played 8v8 to enlarge their e-peen and feel cool in an internet world, but did you ever think that others simply enjoy the game that way? In the same way that some play Tetris and some play Tetris tournaments, that some people build small railroads at home and others oversize the thing to break some world records some people play DAoC to enjoy a specific part of it. It's nowhere written on the box that you have to do a certain thing to have fun. or am I wrong?

Sure it's war between 3 kingdoms, but you know, in medieval worlds there were also small combats, when leaders of an army had a "1on1". A very famous German example of this is the "Hildebrandslied", which describes the story of a Roman and a Goth leader's (in this special case father and son, but doesn't matter) fight in front of their armies (it's a tragic situation and Hildebrand kills his own son so his army doesn't see him as weak).

I don't deny that some of the 8v8 people behave like cocks, but there are enough idiots in the other camps aswell, so it kinda equals out. Trust me, the "I'm gonna add to piss them off" attitude is just as bad as the "Don't add you fuckers" yelling.

Also I don't think your conclusion is right. People don't go Agramon because there are no real key points to camp and moving around with a zerg is rather messy. Instead people go to bridges, keeps etc. which don't exist in Agramon.

Oh and btw, there has always been love in war, so who says I can't /hug Illusb or Zoia when they're fighting? ^^

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
trycorn said:
actualy it was prety much empty 4 shit long time until the 8vs8 crowd desided to play there, and now u say u dont go there because u dont wanna be yelled @ rofl that is the biggest piece of shit i have ever read...
besides u rly cant fight a computer "war" without attacking or defending anything and there isnt anything but land in agramon witch in daoc u cant own, so its pointless to even fight the big war's there as u dont gain anything if u win...

like i said, i am happy to see the leet crews in aggramon and i am happy to leave them there.

i don`t try to solo in aggramon and i don`t bring a zerg to aggramon, unless we are just passing by on the way to bled or crau, which doesn`t happen a lot (it`s safer to go there by boat).

I don`t find where i said i get yelled at IN agrammon, just saying that the people in aggramon are the ones that yell most.

And yes i am very guilty of generalizing in my posts.

i get upset when i am yelled at or people use profanity against me.

you can zerg me, hank me, stealth team me, all fair, as long as you stay POLITE. That is where i draw my line and where i can become unreasonable in my reactions.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Agramon is popular with the 8vs8 crowd because it's a set area where they can battle. It is not popular with soloers and the zerg simply because there are no defensive positions.

Wether you are left alone as a soloer is entirely up to who you run into. Everyone is welcome to Agramon. It's just the FGs that behave differently there. A zerg there would be ripped to shreds if it entered Agramon right now.

This will change with LotM, since there WILL be a defensive position to run back to (the reason that the bridges are so popular in Albion...). On one hand it'll make it harder to run around without interruptions, but on the other, getting the zerg into Agramon means a shitload more potentional rps to gather.

Keep in mind that LotM has a bindstone and safe area inside the dungeon, so there won't be anyone standing around outside for long.

cmr

Banned
Muylaetrix said:

i find the way you play "rude" because you play without regard for anyone else, the original post shows how the guy was left alone as he was being nice and leting FGs have there fights just as would happen if he had a 1 on 1, yet you would ruin those fights and WONDER why you are given shit.... the people giving you shit arnt assholes, its you for playing like one

play how you like, but calling people assholes for playing the game how they want and wondering why you get called an asshole when you play how you want...... your stupidity knows no boundarys

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:

correction....its a zone for fg fights atm. its not a zone for shitheads like you with di bots in the middle of a zerg leeching there way to rr11.

hi xoy ;)

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
The general idea of Agramon is that 8vs8 will happen there, other people could turn up but the action for anything else is greater elsewhere. Hopefully if you're solo any group in Agramon should leave you alone, in the same way that you leave them alone when they're 8vs8ing. Last night we had a FGM inc from NE and a FGM inc from SW and when they realised what had happened they pulled off to let us fight a fair fight.

Brohanith

Loyal Freddie
Must say I was a bit puzzled by the valk lurking around 1 of our fights. But reading this I'm very glad you had a quick peak into the 8vs8 scene. Hope you enjoyed the show.

Think it was the 10 mins fight against TT I saw you standing up the hill.
You should've frapped that. Was a good fight, from what i remember.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
cmr said:
i find the way you play "rude" because you play without regard for anyone else,... yet you would ruin those fights and WONDER why you are given shit.... the people giving you shit arnt assholes, its you for playing like one

oh yes, i am such a add on sight bastard who .. pfff:touch:

cmr said:
play how you like, but calling people assholes for playing the game how they want and wondering why you get called an asshole when you play how you want...... your stupidity knows no boundarys

i think you got it all wrong here... i never verbally attacked any player ingame for what reason possible. i do tend to overgeneralize (and overact probably) in my reactions on FH when it comes to the subject of players tend to adress eachother over `issues`.

As much as i can `hate` the mids and hibs ingame, if they log in on alb chars, i`m reall nice guy (unless they just log in to throw mud). Bradlex and nadiah (especially nadiah) come to my mind for instance. (i also recall going like `surs on flames, hmm that`s probably bradlex soiling it, lets not spoil his fun and let him take it, we can take it back the next min anyway`) i`ll run over half the fronteer to hunt those down, but when they are on alb alts, we`re all friendly, helpfull and tend to laugh with eachother`s skill/stupidity.

you don`t know shit about me, your description of my play style doesn`t even resemble my actuall play style. when was the last time i added on `your` `duel` ? pff, i don`t even know what chars you play.

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
like i said, i am happy to see the leet crews in aggramon and i am happy to leave them there.

i don`t try to solo in aggramon and i don`t bring a zerg to aggramon, unless we are just passing by on the way to bled or crau, which doesn`t happen a lot (it`s safer to go there by boat).
but the thing is u make it sound like u actualy make a choise here ? and u rly dont as if u start pissing around with the so called "leet crew" they will just move as they cba to fight with a zerg...

Muylaetrix said:
I don`t find where i said i get yelled at IN agrammon, just saying that the people in aggramon are the ones that yell most.

no but u said :

Muylaetrix said:
it' a zone purpously left allone by the majority of players to avoid the constant whining and insults by a leet few
and to me that is very much saying that u cba to go there cos of the whine ??

Muylaetrix said:
And yes i am very guilty of generalizing in my posts.
every1 loves generalizing, rly !

Muylaetrix said:
i get upset when i am yelled at or people use profanity against me.

you can zerg me, hank me, stealth team me, all fair, as long as you stay POLITE. That is where i draw my line and where i can become unreasonable in my reactions.
hold it here a sec, wind up, stop the presses and all that shit, but didnt u say and i Quote " a mmorpg based around an eternal total war between 3 kingdoms." where RPG stands 4 roleplaying game ?? if so what's the problem with yelling @ ur enemy witch u r in an eternal war with ??

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
cmr said:
play how you like, but calling people assholes for playing the game how they want and wondering why you get called an asshole when you play how you want....
Very well put. Rep'd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom