Age of Conan

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Delrith, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Delrith

Delrith Fledgling Freddie

Anyone planning on playing this?, a mate just pointed me towards its website and it seems quite good....A little bit like DAoC but with what everyone will love (limited times where you can attack keeps).
    Going by what i have been reading so far, it seems quite good, and out in October if i'm not mistaken?

2. Blackjack

Blackjack Fledgling Freddie

I was considdering it. Mostly because i have absolutely nothing to play atm.

/Edit Well i sorta play travian. But even though i play on the 3x speed server. I can still only login and build something 2-3 times a day :p so it doesn't really count as a game.

3. Delrith

Yeah, WAR looks great, but I have nothing to play at all at the moment, bored of WoW and DAoC :(
    This does look interesting though :D

4. Delrith

Yeah, WAR looks great, but I have nothing to play at all at the moment, bored of WoW and DAoC :(
    This does look interesting though :D
    Edit: plus drunken brawling sounds awesome :p

5. Roo Stercogburn

Roo Stercogburn Resident Freddy

The spellcasting system seems very interesting, but not seen anything else that makes me excited. Jury's out on that game for me. I'll probably wait til friends have tried it.

6. Levin

Levin Can't get enough of FH

Age of Conan is the game that i think is the most likely to draw me back into playing MMORPGs again. So, i'm both looking forward to it and dreading it.

7. Delrith

Same here Levin, I quit WoW sometime ago, as I was spending so much time on it...but Conan looks ace :x

8. Raven

Raven Brrrrr!

Just looks like any other next best MMO tbh, i like the whole Conan thing but i really cant see it transfer over to an MMO that would hold my attention for more than a week.

9. Thadius

Thadius Part of the furniture

Agreed, Star Wars Galaxies, Dungeons and Dragons and even Lord of the Rings online had massive potential, more than Conan series :(

10. Delrith

Hmm, i dont care if its just a small gap game, maybe until WAR comes out :p

11. Coldbeard

Coldbeard Part of the furniture

Feels like falling between two chairs atm, kinda done for when it comes to DAoC but can't quite move on yet because I am waiting for Warhammer, and there is no other option I can consider at this present time.

Seen some trailers and stuff from AoC, and it does look promising. Maybe I'll give it a try.

12. Overdriven

Overdriven Not a sandwich

I think anyone who's really come off DAoC will have a problem getting into another MMO. We know how addictive/bad it is for us.

13. Delrith

coming off DAoC was hard...playing it since beta and up to ToA then coming back after like 2 months to quit again in a few :x
    Leaving WoW was easy, as it was just getting stupid. I just need something as a "gap" game :p

14. Overdriven

Yeah, bascially what I did aswell. I started at SI and quit after DR though. WoW had to be a filler. MMOs take up too much time for me these days really.

15. liloe

liloe It's my birthday today!

I'll definately be trying it out.

16. Delrith

I think the main thing about Age of Conan is for me is that it looks abit like DAoC from beta (which was awesome) and also that you can only attack keeps etc at certain times, when we all knew AC raids pissed us off :p

17. Chronictank

Chronictank FH is my second home

Cant wait for age of conan tbh, the build your own stronghold and defend it looks great, i liked the concept of the combat system and fighting on mounts :D

Cant comment on war because of NDA :<

18. echome

echome Fledgling Freddie

So you are telling me, that you already got in?? - If so I'll have to kick you in the head.:twak:

(Hope you enjoy it mate.)

19. Thadius

Thadius Part of the furniture

Who did you sleep with to get in :(

20. Delrith

givf beta to WAR please GOA :(

21. fettoken

fettoken FH is my second home

Warhammer online looks most like DaoC, so it should be pretty easy to get into. Seen fire wizards, armsmen and paladins so far... ;D Buffbot anyone ? :(

22. Wonk

Wonk Can't get enough of FH

23. Overdriven

You know RIGHT off as soon as the first char-builders come out, the experienced players will make a melee toon/caster AND a bot, so EAMythic will get 2x subs/experienced players/power-players

24. Delrith

If WAR has "buffbots" ill quit the game straight away tbh, I think it ruined DAoC

25. Chronictank

Chronictank FH is my second home

i pimped vlad to the WAR staff, it tooks weeks until i found the right person!

givf AoC beta! Vlad lube up your going in