Against CoC or not(Thursday Midnight)

Toffie

Fledgling Freddie
At midnight ... thidranki is mostly empty but I decide to log my pally on for few runs after a couple of minutes I see Frenzzy a zerker, who is solo and gets ganked by 4 albs.(I didn't add) After the albs ganked him numerous of times a Bm arrives Brendie, he gives Frenzzy a hand killing the albs seeing as they are outnumbered after the albs are gone I duel abit with the Sb's that are around and Cxo( A very nice ns). I didn't help the albs cause they were always grouped and outnumbered the mids/hibs.

Now I'll get to the point after a while and many duels I get a pm of an alb saying that I am talking to them and shouldn't do that cause organising crossrealming could get me banned, after talking with him and telling him I am not crossrealming or talking to them in anyway he still says it could get me banned cause I can give people the thought that I do crossrealm and talk to the other enemys.

So is not adding against CoC? Or even dueling against CoC? Dueling in the /beckon way not organising it on any chatprogram. Or if people from the other realm respect you that they will not add on you or not zerg you that this can be called crossrealming and should this get you banned ?

Please Discuss seriously

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
You did nothing against the CoC, i have been accused of crossrealming countless times simply because i do nothing to help realm"mates" and the enemy thank me with an emote or 2 afterwards.

As long as you are not speaking with them using a third party program, OR set duels or co-op up in advance. you can do pretty much anything you want with an enemy.

Jorof

Loyal Freddie
Same thing happened to me when i was watching your duel with cxo and the runemaster added, few seconds before he added on the fight he said to me "smile for the screenshot" which i can only assume he will use it against me as i was standing infront of two enemies and not fighting them!!! :eek6:

Frenzy.

ceator

Fledgling Freddie
i Will say you're not x realming BUT ppl can percieve it as being just that, and all know what ppl in this game can be like don't we?
Even though you tell them you're not, you will find it very hard to prove if they ask for proof.
Why should we respect other realms, we play albion and the codex of the game is set so that ALBIONS can kill hibs or mids, that's the name of the game and not respect them because they sit with us and and give us friendly e-motes. They are there to die and we are there to die at their hands.

Gwyri
Lvl 50 RR 5 Palla
Veanhesling lvl 50 RR 4 Merc
and numerous other 50's too many to mention
Proud GM of Legion Flavia Firma

Toffie

Fledgling Freddie
Taking out of the CoC:

Rules of good conduct

Users are expected to show respect for one another, to contribute to the cordial atmosphere of the game.

But In all the CoC, I don't read anything about being obligated to kill enemys or even that you have to add. Ofc Organised crossrealming is against CoC but if you decide on your own not to attack someone or duel someone by /beck you don't do anything wrong I think.

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
u dont HAVE to kill an enemy
u dont HAVE to help a realm mate
u dont HAVE to ..

as long as u dont come on FH (or any other forum for that matter) and post *duels at 12am 2nite* etc... ur ok
as long as u aint using a program to talk to enemies to organize this "event" (irc/msn/forum pming) u are ok

/bow /beckon are emotes.. they are there for a reason.. emoting for a duel is not against CoC

:m00:

EDIT: ps. as a dueler myself in thid (normally-unless i am with irl m8s and we want to have a laugh.. etc grp up) i found it much easier to just ignore those pms .. seriously imo dont respond to them .. the peeps that send'em usually are the major QQ'ers anyways and u will jsut get into an arguement

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
I think ive been told in my 3 years of thid about 1000 times that im going to be banned for not helping the realm.

One of my favourites is:

xxxx: Hey, Can you come and help us out takeing thidranki keep.

Me: Naa dueling peeps atm cba to roleplay at a keep.

xxxx: You would rather duel than help your realm?

Me: Yes, have a problem with that?

xxxx: Il just right now that and then see what happens.

Me: Ok darling you do that.

Was along those lines, ive heard em all tbh:) I think I remember being pmd about reporting blokkie because he did not atack hibs unels they /beck him , was like rofl irl.

Hazzamazzaz

Fledgling Freddie
I was on Thid last night and indeed it can look strange....think I pm'd Frenzy about it as it seemed like there was some sort of party going on on Od's bridge...I put it down to bad lag at my end...

:touch:

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Afaik organising duels on IRC etc is against the CoC because it can count as RP farming, but duelling and not adding is certainly not against the CoC. On the other hand sitting around in a circle duelling, especially not to the death can be taken as 'against the spirit of the game', and GMs don't like this as was shown by the first week of the 'solo zone' in which GMs deemed the area to be so small as be organised duelling.

Strega

Fledgling Freddie
Generally speaking here.

That actions are "against the spirit of the game" is really not an issue as I see it. If a paying player wants to fight another, without external contact mediums, and let him live in the end, its his choice. Don't forget that after cluster most of us can log on a secondary realm on both main & bb account, but still fight the same guys. This draws the whole concept of thid into question. There is only one criteria to this and that is whether or not people know your chars. If yes, then the only real difference in playing experience comes down to two things:

1:Blokkie:"Hey mate, how are you"
2:Blokkie: "Says something in a language you cannot understand"

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Agreed, but I wasn't saying that I think there's anything wrong with it, I just said in certain cases (like not duelling to the death) the GMs might.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Basically. They died and got pissed off and looked for someone else to shovel the shit onto.

Thidranki is full of pricks, A slight example from today.

A reaver added on a few of my fights, Then i got hurled "YOUR MOTHER IS FAT AND WILL DIE OLOLOL"

I wouldn't name anyone (HEY FOAK MATE!) as i think its to harsh :(

ZiggY

One of Freddy's beloved
I would ban you for being an alb Toffie :p seriously tho take no notice:)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Users are expected to show respect for one another, to contribute to the cordial atmosphere of the game.

Hmm, but in real life, you never got like Kings/Lords rushing in to slay the peasant army that was advancing.

Nah, they stayed at the back or charged into the other King/Lord's Knights to play "extend my ep-peen"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom