After you've been on Freddyshouse...

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Hello all,

When you log onto Freddyshouse and read all these lovely topics etc, do you (non native English language people) then think "oh crap, now I've gotta speak/type to Random Person A in our stupid language?

Then it all starts looking like random stuff on your page "ag toht ouip lia doah faf kak gual chippo"

:flame: On

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
Actually i prefer writing in english because written and spoken finnish are so different. Writing finnish as it should be written sounds gay because nobody talks like that, but writing it as you would speak makes you look like a 14 year old teen gangsta. So we have to constantly balance between the two. English is much easier. :p

(ps. This is only an issue on internet forums and so on. On formal occasions people expect to see perfect finnish so theres no problem then)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Ahh that's interesting to hear because I 'heard' Finnish and I 'think' Norwegian are both difficult?

P.s. when I said now I've gotta speak/type to Random Person A in our stupid language? That was not me insinuating other languages were stupid :p

Helme

Resident Freddy
I'm pretty much in the same boat, coupled with the fact that I write way more English than Swedish.

Infact, I only write a few sentances Swedish everyday, if even that(sometimes I can't be bothered and just write English to Swedish friends).

also as far as language stupidity goes, Finnish is way up there as a hard language while Norwegian and pretty much any other Scandinavian language except Icelandic(but they don't count) is pretty simple, atleast if you speak some other Germanic language.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
I dont know what one is but i want a chippo, chippo me bahumat

chippo me now!!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I rate this thread: three boobies !

three_boobies.jpg

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Dont forget the noose...

pope on a rope,

the ultimate in religious auto eroticism ;)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
haha it looks like a tardis on wheels!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i asked B2 if he (the pope) has a special pope phone and cave to go with it...i got "a look" but tbh it'd do a lot for his popularity, i mean i'd vote for him or leave him milk and cookies on christmas eve or whatever it is you do when you believe in popes, if he was more like a superhero

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
After i have been to FH, i need to get a beer or i´ll go all out emo and flaming people that are close to me.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I remember years ago when the pope visited the UK, the pope mobile was a Mini Metro with a glass box on the back, all you would need to do is run at it and push it over

Job done

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom