After Server Transfer

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
we wanted to reform our guild, 6 people at registry.
I typed in our Hirn guild name and got
Banned or name in use.
Banned shouldnt be possible as we had it 5 mins earlyer running on Hirn since Sep 15th.
In use? I dont know but i doubt there is a second Holy Avengers of Sigmar guild.
So please, after sending now 5 appeals/day, could someone from GOA who freuqents this boards look into it? All i get from the CSR ingame is..no answer.

Regards,

Faya

GReaper

Part of the furniture
It's probably due to the Code of Conduct. Various names are protected by Mythic/GOA to stop them being used:

7. You may not use proper names of areas within WAR for character names. Guild names MAY use the proper names of specific areas, to help promote role-playing and realm pride.
8. You may not use proper names of NPCs within WAR.
9. You may not use names containing titles or ranks within them.

I'd assume that "Sigmar" is now on the protected list, they probably forgot to add it to the list when they launched the game - but now you can't recreate your guild because of it. Griffon Knight faced a similar problem, they had their guild running on an existing server but couldn't use "Knight" as they restricted it at a later date. Fortunately GOA changed it for them due to the fact they originally had the name on another server.

Contact Magnus/Nic to get past the incompetence of first line support, you might have more luck.

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
Actually, it's likely to be because you're typing in "Holy Avengers of Sigmar" and not "holyavengersofsigmar". There was an issue in the previous transfer where you couldn't have capital letters or spaces in your guildname or it came up unusable. Thing to do is create under a temporary name such as holyavengersofsigmar, or haos, or something, and petition a CSR to change it.

As far as I'm aware, if you're the guildmaster of the old guild on the old server, the new guild should inherit the old guild's rank, no matter what you call the new guild. I've not personally confirmed this is the case though.

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
Thx for the inpur but neither Sigmar is an existing NPC, as far as im aware, nor was there any problems for other guilds to have spaces in there names. And waiting for the CSR ingame is like waiting for summer in germany...it might come, its unknown when.
And yes, our guild level got transfered, but i was tempted to recrate a guild named Holy Avengers of Sigmar just to proof something went wrong on transfer day..actually i might do that tomorrow.
As for the Griffon Knights...part of the Empire army is called that, so the Knight isnt the problem, its prolly the griffon in the name.

Faya

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Knight is the problem you cant have a rank in your guild called knight or lord

Any sort of rank

Maybe they got touchy over holy who knows

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
Knight is the problem you cant have a rank in your guild called knight or lord

Any sort of rank

Maybe they got touchy over holy who knows

50+ guilds in EU with Knight or Lord in their names, and 25ish with Holy or Unholy. That's not the issue. It's a database cludge. Norn probably thinks the guild already exists on Norn. That's all. CSR should be able to fix.

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
Thx for the "shuld be" , i think the same..if there was just enough CSR present ;/ but so far not a single appeal went to cennect and the mail i got was "please appeal again"..so i did..multiple times ;/

Faya

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Thx for the inpur but neither Sigmar is an existing NPC,

no but its a diety the warpriests pray to.

know for certain theres NPC's around called "priest of Sigmar" or somesuch.

but as you had the name on another server i cant see a problem with either Nic or Magnus to fix that for you.

i mean, they fixed dodgier guild names then that ;)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Thx for the "shuld be" , i think the same..if there was just enough CSR present ;/ but so far not a single appeal went to cennect and the mail i got was "please appeal again"..so i did..multiple times ;/

Faya

you can't log off after such an appeal, either play or log an alt, but dont log off as they cant fix it if you do.

probably know this but cant hurt mention it anyway :p

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
Bah i shouldnt write at 3.30 am :) sorry for all the spelling errors then.
Yes, i hoped one of the 2 would read this thread and reply or something ut it seems its like the situation ingame at the moment...no one is here/there :)

The name Sigmar i actually remeber to have seen it on a character on hirn, so using it in our guild name shouldnt be the problem. Ah well, time will tell :)
Until then we are CSR CHANGED :)

Faya

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom