After DAOC

S

SFXman

Sounds great from what I have heard... well at least strange.
Anyone else seen Final Fantasy XI the MMORPG? Read an article about it....

B

Brannor McThife

Well, if the NET in Europe does go belly-up. There won't be any "After DAoC"...guess we'll all resort to LAN-based NWN... :rolleyes:

-G

B

Brannor McThife

Check the flame GOA thread... KPNQuest is gone, and have just shut down EBone, which had four of the major routers across Europe. That's just the first bit. Gives a possible explanation to all the LD's we've been having.

-G

A

Alrindel

There's not much to say about Imperator yet, it's at the very beginning of the design stage. There won't be anything to see for six months at least. Jacobs talked a little about it here:

http://www.unknownplayer.com/archive/02/06/28/806.php

However bearing in mind that Mythic made DAOC from start to finish in 18 months, and they are planning to reuse DAOC code as a starting point, I think we can expect them to move pretty quickly. We might be beta testing it in less than a year. :)

O

old.job

Cheers Alr, good link :)

In reply to net shutting down..
I have posted on this subject before, I work in this area, in fact the guy's who monitor all of UK'S ISP traffic sit behind me, there is WAY to much capacity as there is, that's why ISP's are shutting down, most of my work now is removing circuits for companys that ordered and then went belly up.

B

Brannor McThife

So what you're saying is, that it's YOUR fault for the LD's?

:D

-G

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Brannor McThife
So what you're saying is, that it's YOUR fault for the LD's?

:D

-G
HAHAHHA! KILL HIM! KILL HIM!

O

old.Prof

Considering there is a massive overcapacity the closure of Ebone won't have much of an impact.

In fact it closed yesterday, did we notice it :p ?

S

skerit XP

So that's why my internet is kinda slowish these few days. The internet go belly-up? That's cute!

S

skerit XP

SWG, don't know. Thousands of star wars freaks together with names like obi know shalobi or shit. Don't get me wrong, I like star wars... but I don't know.
After daoc, probably imperator :) or however you write it! :)

S

SFXman

Originally posted by skerit XP
Thousands of star wars freaks together with names like obi know shalobi or shit.
LOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL
Like Triumph the Insult Comic Dog said... "Obi I wanna jack off..."

T

Tiwaz

What are the changes of Mythic selling the european license of Imperator to GOA. Just thinking about it, makes my head ache:(

G

galdora

Originally posted by skerit XP
obi know shalobi or shit.

YAY. Finally found my SWG char name. It's been worrying me for a while now.

Mind if I use it? Might leave off the "or shit" part. :D

Thanks mate.

O

old.Sami

Its actually funny to read the Star Wars fans' posts in SWG forums, discusion about different light sabre fighting styles, all that kinda stuff. Im not that much of a Star Wars fan, but I'm gonna at least try it out, just because the GAME, not the theme seems so cool.

Altho, Mythic is giving us some loving in the future.. most importantly advanced siegecrafting, spellcrafting and housing, so I just might as well stay here and give the Mids some tender Hibernian thoughts... you know.. stroke their foreheads until I can see the bone..

S

SFXman

DAoC still has awesome times to come... the size of the new islands is amazing (6 zones each with at least 2 dungeons and one major city...), not even considering that there will be many many new additions and the game will change... towards the better. I am going to stick around for a long time still.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by SFXman

LOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL
Like Triumph the Insult Comic Dog said... "Obi I wanna jack off..."

Oh that was so funny.....

*clears his throat*

...FOR ME TO POOP ON! :D

But seriously, about the name thing in SWG, from what i've read, there is little if any chance of those kind of names popping up...if they get their name generator/system/thing with two buttons working like they say they will. But..i had a pause from DaoC, now giving it a second try...i still have hope!

S

SFXman

You are telling me that you cannot define your own name and it has to be some generated one?

O

old.Tohtori

Wait a few moments and i'll check out how it goes...

O

old.Tohtori

here it goes...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From official SWG site. FAQ(har har..not fag..) section.

3.05 Will there be name constraints or professional titles?

We will enforce name constraints to help promote a Star Wars atmosphere. You will not see LuukSkywalker777 running around. We do intend on allowing players to attain professional titles based on the skills they choose to focus on.

3.06 What rules will you allow for character names?

For most species, we allow a first and a last name--the first name has to be unique. Some species only have first names. You're allowed to have one hyphen or apostrophe in your name. Numbers and other punctuation are not allowed, and we will also follow strict capitalization rules.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And there ya go.

S

SFXman

Phew... no "Names are always randomly generated to fit a race" ... that would suck butt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom