After 6 years...Im switching the lights off..

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
wow Whoodoo, you were still hanging in there :) I left a while ago, but there are still odd moments when I feel the pull of DaoC. Not played anything since that has given me that pvp adrenalin rush.

I hope you find something in rl or online that fills the gap :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
pff, dramatic leaving post? see you in a fortnight!

or more likely I'll see you in WAR :)
Hope so Flim, I do hope it will bring all the old FH peeps out in force again, I wanna have cybor with Tohtori on vent ya know.

Oh, my daughter just reminded (prodded in fact, painfully) me to mention, and it pains me to do so as it reminds me of my biological age (20 years above my mental and physical one), that in August I will be a Grandpappy...still not sure how to take that one yet but hey ;)

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Well, the time has finally come, I remember once saying my passion for this life draining game would leave me the last one standing in the middle of Jordheim, poised at the fuse box gentle flicking the main breaker and turning off the lights, but alas, I wont be the last after all.

Yes, Im finally giving it up, Ive applied my first DAoC nicotine patch and have cancelled my US subs, one of my accounts took the plunge yesterday, the other 2 will tomorrow. Already I feel withdrawl setting in, Ive spent the last few days taking screen shots of all my toons, frapsing a little and reassuring my better half that she wont see "Mythic Entertainment" on the bank statement any more....well until WAR maybe, but I dont tend to mention that.

The last 6 years and soooo many days /played (I dare even try and add that lot up!) have been great, met some wonderful people over the years and had a blast. The game itself is still great, and had potential to be better if Mythic and GOA had pulled their finger out of their arses and advertised it even a smidgin, but thats one thing we shouted for the loudest and instead we got squat. Reading the latest patch notes from 1.92 onwards has saddened me, what precious development time they have for the game has been reduced to "we make housing cheaper and prettier", and "were screwing with weapon styles to really annoy you".

I would like to say a big thanks to all my guilds; Aesirs Blade, Dragons of the North (Negura), Realm Defenders, The Rigante and Sarumans Hand, its been a blast guys, and hopefully our paths will cross in the future in WAR and maybe my next adventure Age of Conan. I would like to thank the old GOA team, Erivoss, Requiel, Kemor and Zargar amongst others, while you were lazy bastards fixing things, you are a great bunch of guys and a good laff. I would say thanks to people on here, but there would be too many to list, and some are long gone, but needless to say even those who I argued with made this forum great fun and a good source of wasting precious working time.

I will miss trundling round Midgard slaying trees and werewolves, and I will miss the good ol banter we have on here. Its been fun people, and for those staying, make sure you have fun and make the most of what I still beleive is one of the greatest games ever made.

I sincerely hope what I have put into the game with guides, raids and blurting crap on these forums has at least helped somewhat in the grand scheme of the game, even if it was bullshit, I did try to make life easier for people, and being an E&E I hoped would bridge the gap betweeen GMs and us lesser mortals, sometimes it did, sometimes I might as well have been talking to a small slice of cheese, but I tried.

Take care all, and hopefully I will see you in another game some day, trawling another forum and spending the hours you should be with the missus and kids beating monsters with virtual swords.

Whoodoo (Mike) - Excalibur EU and Kay US.

PS, no you cant have my stuff, p*ss off! :kissit:

Whoodoo you dumb fuck, get off the mmorpg shit and start kissing some World of IRLcraft ass. In the end you will thank me for it :p

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Sad to hear Whoodoo :(

Let us know what you get up to and if you end up in another game!

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
I used to feel the same way about being one of the last few standing in Jordheim before they took the server down, but I cancelled in November or so, no reason to log in any more as anyone I used to play with had stopped playing some while previously.

A lot of DAOC vets are turning up in the WAR Beta now, though, so I'm hoping we'll see you in there too, Whoodoo.

/respect and hopefully see you for some stunty-bashin' soon :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Whoodoo you dumb fuck, get off the mmorpg shit and start kissing some World of IRLcraft ass. In the end you will thank me for it :p
Img old pal, I tried it, it blows m8, you think CM prices are bad, you should see petrol IRL!

Svar old pal, I am in beta, ill shout my toon names (apart from Whoodoo ofc ;)) and maybe see ya all in there sometime.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Anyway, I will still offer my little bit from time to time on here, but if you see a topless ranger on Crom running away from those naughty pirates, her names Rancid, say hi and see what she will do for a copper!

Bet its nothing compared to what you did for a couple of coppers irl :D

Pihls PW Guildmaster

Loyal Freddie
Hello Whoodoo :drink:

I hope everything is ok with yo I started Age of Conan, as I never going to play a game with EA or Mythic in my life ever again.

Not to say rest of my life will be any long but..

Have a great life...

Pihls PW Guildmaster

Loyal Freddie
I used to feel the same way about being one of the last few standing in Jordheim before they took the server down, but I cancelled in November or so, no reason to log in any more as anyone I used to play with had stopped playing some while previously.

A lot of DAOC vets are turning up in the WAR Beta now, though, so I'm hoping we'll see you in there too, Whoodoo.

/respect and hopefully see you for some stunty-bashin' soon :)

Hi Svart Yea think Pw mansion was going with you :(

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Hope so Flim, I do hope it will bring all the old FH peeps out in force again, I wanna have cybor with Tohtori on vent ya know.

Oh, my daughter just reminded (prodded in fact, painfully) me to mention, and it pains me to do so as it reminds me of my biological age (20 years above my mental and physical one), that in August I will be a Grandpappy...still not sure how to take that one yet but hey ;)

oof... scary :) that said apparently grandkids are much more fun - you get to do all the fun stuff without any of the sleepless nights ;)

Congrats in advance :)

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I remember you from Dragons of the North when you was in the 30's with your skald actually :) Negura was doing some kind of relic raid back then :p

Norvindus

Can't get enough of FH
Hey Whoodoo

I thought the same that I would play Daoc forever as it was and still in my mind
shines as a damn cool game.
But it needs players, loads of players and sadly the mythic and GOA approach to advertising (word of mouth) fails bigtime. So left a while ago to greener pastures.

Cya around.:drink:

peder

Fledgling Freddie
waddaloo,
yours not capthans on camleotds. why dont youi leave befores?

game was death thwen they nerf berzerks style - like 1.69??

and now theys just develop other ghames == doacs is dead. just creams money/$$ or dreamsers

Tartan

Fledgling Freddie
Negura ! My first and probably only hero within DaoC, not only for his knowledge , but for the way he played the game, and his sheer ability.

He didnt have elite mentality, but for sure was elite. Ill be forever grateful for him inviting me as a blue con into his guild groups in rvr , then eventually inviting me into Dragons of the North.

And ill never forget when i dinged lvl 50 ( after over 1 years of people asking me to get exp), when Negura announced it on a very crowded Gothi pad, and all of a sudden i was innundated with non stop congratutralations messages.

For me that guy is a Legend.

Whoodoo i dont really remember you from those days , tbh only ones i remember is Release and young Toxican, but i remember you from after DotN and it is sad to see another hardcore player quitting. Maybe we will all cross paths again in War.

Good luck either way sir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom