After 6 years...Im switching the lights off..

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Well, the time has finally come, I remember once saying my passion for this life draining game would leave me the last one standing in the middle of Jordheim, poised at the fuse box gentle flicking the main breaker and turning off the lights, but alas, I wont be the last after all.

Yes, Im finally giving it up, Ive applied my first DAoC nicotine patch and have cancelled my US subs, one of my accounts took the plunge yesterday, the other 2 will tomorrow. Already I feel withdrawl setting in, Ive spent the last few days taking screen shots of all my toons, frapsing a little and reassuring my better half that she wont see "Mythic Entertainment" on the bank statement any more....well until WAR maybe, but I dont tend to mention that.

The last 6 years and soooo many days /played (I dare even try and add that lot up!) have been great, met some wonderful people over the years and had a blast. The game itself is still great, and had potential to be better if Mythic and GOA had pulled their finger out of their arses and advertised it even a smidgin, but thats one thing we shouted for the loudest and instead we got squat. Reading the latest patch notes from 1.92 onwards has saddened me, what precious development time they have for the game has been reduced to "we make housing cheaper and prettier", and "were screwing with weapon styles to really annoy you".

I would like to say a big thanks to all my guilds; Aesirs Blade, Dragons of the North (Negura), Realm Defenders, The Rigante and Sarumans Hand, its been a blast guys, and hopefully our paths will cross in the future in WAR and maybe my next adventure Age of Conan. I would like to thank the old GOA team, Erivoss, Requiel, Kemor and Zargar amongst others, while you were lazy bastards fixing things, you are a great bunch of guys and a good laff. I would say thanks to people on here, but there would be too many to list, and some are long gone, but needless to say even those who I argued with made this forum great fun and a good source of wasting precious working time.

I will miss trundling round Midgard slaying trees and werewolves, and I will miss the good ol banter we have on here. Its been fun people, and for those staying, make sure you have fun and make the most of what I still beleive is one of the greatest games ever made.

I sincerely hope what I have put into the game with guides, raids and blurting crap on these forums has at least helped somewhat in the grand scheme of the game, even if it was bullshit, I did try to make life easier for people, and being an E&E I hoped would bridge the gap betweeen GMs and us lesser mortals, sometimes it did, sometimes I might as well have been talking to a small slice of cheese, but I tried.

Take care all, and hopefully I will see you in another game some day, trawling another forum and spending the hours you should be with the missus and kids beating monsters with virtual swords.

Whoodoo (Mike) - Excalibur EU and Kay US.

PS, no you cant have my stuff, p*ss off! :kissit:

Logi

Resident Freddy
dont rly know you, but good luck with whatever your going to do :)

and lol at the end of your post :p

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Good luck Whoodoo, don't know if you remember me.

I played in dotn with Negura/Solarias with you, and before that whilst you were leveling whoodoo in varulv.

Anyway

All the best mate, it's great not being an addict. However you'll miss the game pretty quickly, be ready for painful days thinking of daoc.

oh and /wave himse xD

skilth/karlos

Loyal Freddie
All the best in the future mate. I keep telling myself il leave this amazing but neglected game at some point but i just cant seem to press the button =D

All the best !!!

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Its just as easy to resub as it it to cancel.... don't forget to stack your CM with plat so you don't lose your house before you come back ;)

bigfunkymonkey

Fledgling Freddie
Didnt know you at all but I do agree this was one of the greatest games made, infact, probably the best I have ever played. Well over two years after packing it in I still cant find anything that comes close. Hope you find something out there that tickles your fancy

jorky

Fledgling Freddie
himse u nobhead come to hib/i50

and about AOC come play with me on dagon (or wotever the server is called)

KingeX

Fledgling Freddie
Mate I have had the feelings a few months ago when i finally stopped DAoC myself after 5 years. But it definately was NOT our fault that game went dead.

Anyway this post is not made to flame but to give you a good bye. I hope I will meet you in some other game in the future. Just keep your nickname :)

It has been a great game, thousand players, great dragon raids, DF raids, relic raids... well we all old school playersr have had fun all these years.

See you mate,
Basilias-Excalibur

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
Mate I have had the feelings a few months ago when i finally stopped DAoC myself after 5 years. But it definately was NOT our fault that game went dead.

Anyway this post is not made to flame but to give you a good bye. I hope I will meet you in some other game in the future. Just keep your nickname :)

It has been a great game, thousand players, great dragon raids, DF raids, relic raids... well we all old school playersr have had fun all these years.

See you mate,
Basilias-Excalibur

an old school player hasn't started doac after toa and he hasn't pled all his char in moderna. ( at least not main + bb)

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
See u on the other side in Conan m8 ;)

And I thought i would have at least got a mention for starting your addiction to this but there u go ;)

Yer still a southern softy shandy drinkin jessie!

/salute :worthy:

Ominous

Banned
Well 6 yrs is pretty good going for any game. DAOC has done extremely well to keep you interested for all that time. Leave without any regrets is best. Did you fight the best though and beat them? Only if you did this can you leave without regrets!

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Not played daoc for ages now and can`t say i miss it too much. The first couple of years were brilliant and the next 3 were spent hoping they would comeback :p Maybe cya in WAR though Mike if they ever actually release the thing.:worthy:

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Its just as easy to resub as it it to cancel.... don't forget to stack your CM with plat so you don't lose your house before you come back ;)

That does not work iirc

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Does anyone honestly believe DAOC has a shelf life longer than a couple more years, tops ?

BaTDiE

One of Freddy's beloved
Old.Whoodoo for a PC game you were a great player, gentle and respectful. Not just another fat random nerd like me throwing insults at will behind the safety of my computer thousand miles away in my mom's secret basement.

Your chars are older than Mythic logos, if you quit that means DaoC is officially a crap.

Kudos for you big boy.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks for all the well wishing guys, great to see some old faces poke in here and say a few for old times sake!

Takhasis, its all your bloody fault Ive played this damn game, so theres ya mention, thats as good as it gets! (skirt wearin nancy boy!)

Batdie, it was great while it lasted lad, tbh 6 years for ANY game makes it in my book a truely great game, and without the banter on forums and in the game itself with people like you, it wouldnt be half as good! No game out there has the social elequance that DAoC has, and it will take a lot to make one close! Salute pal!

Castus old chum, get ya ass on AOC or at least our vent and say bloody hello ya antisocial git, im up in your neck of the woods in July, PM ya a contact if ya fancy a pint this time!

To the rest of you lot, no this game is still great fun, there isnt another like it, but my hopes still holds for WAR to pull the old FH and BW back to its good ol self.

Anyway, I will still offer my little bit from time to time on here, but if you see a topless ranger on Crom running away from those naughty pirates, her names Rancid, say hi and see what she will do for a copper!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
pff, dramatic leaving post? see you in a fortnight!

or more likely I'll see you in WAR :)

confused

Can't get enough of FH
Didnt know you at all but I do agree this was one of the greatest games made, infact, probably the best I have ever played. Well over two years after packing it in I still cant find anything that comes close. Hope you find something out there that tickles your fancy

couldn't agree more

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom