AFK sampling

D

darbey

To all you macro and artisan gurus , im seriously struggling to find any steel resources on correlia that i can plant harvestors since last resource shift so i thought id do some afk sampling while i sleep for the huge amounts i need so i made the macro /sample;/pause 690;/sit;/pause 130;/stand;/pause 10 and looped it. However it seems to stop my sampling until the sample command loops round again when i get those bloody annoying survey messages come up (the ones that go your survey device beeps detecting higher concentration blah blah and u have to choose whether to ignore or select the higher concentration) This like loses me sometimes several minutes each cycle. Is there any way round this please? Its totally annoying as the seem to come up alot and is stopping alot of my sampling.

Thanks if anyone knows the answer , its driving me crazy getting the 600k in resources i need.

A

azvero

I can only tell you about a really cool image design macro that makes you master in 2 or so hours and muon gold junky :) otherwise.. look it up on the net or at starports or ask around.

Many people use a certain macro to gather resources..but I dont know it :)

M

Mophead

To be honest I thought afk sampling was quite crap when I saw it being done. However now having to collect resources myself, I find I'm sat reading a book at the keyboard and only look up every 5 minutes to put in /sit, wait a bit, then start again. Its mind numbinly boring sat staring at a screen showing the same thing for hours on end. Might as well go and do something useful while you wait.

W

|WarpiG|

think my marco goes like this...

/sample;
/pause3;
/sit;
/pause 30;
/stand;
/ui actiontoolbarSlot 00; (for the loop)

the annoying boxes still pop up but only effect the current /sample
when you return after a fewhours you have to click cancel on about 30 of them :)

If your in a camp you regen alot faster, and with a decent balance of secondary stats you can sample like this for hours on end.

O

old.moriath

Originally posted by |WarpiG|
think my marco goes like this...

/sample;
/pause3;
/sit;
/pause 30;
/stand;
/ui actiontoolbarSlot 00; (for the loop)

the annoying boxes still pop up but only effect the current /sample
when you return after a fewhours you have to click cancel on about 30 of them :)

If your in a camp you regen alot faster, and with a decent balance of secondary stats you can sample like this for hours on end.

Mine is

/stand;
/sample;
/pause 280;
/sit;
/pause 40;
/ui actiontoolbarSlot00;

easy :) get about 5k over night of steel and 5k during a working day.

Edit: oo forgot to quit out of a looping macro type /dump

W

|WarpiG|

the point is, with the new popups you stop gathering any res, so by only sampling for a few seconds then siting, if the box pops up you will only loose 30 seconds worth of sampling and not 2-3 mins worth.

E

Ebonn

Afk macroing is boring, but none the less i macroed most of the professions my holocrons told me, i dont like afk macroing, but i like mastering shitty professions even less :)

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Mine's pretty much the same as Warpig's:

/sample;
/pause 5;
/sit;
/pause 25;
/stand;
/ui action toolbarPane05;
/ui action toolbarSlot00;

By sitting for most of the sample loop I can easily regen enough action so that I don't ever run out.

To break out of the loop use /dump

Works like a treat (though the stand up/sit down spam is a bit annoying).

W

|WarpiG|

Originally posted by old.Trine Aquavit
Works like a treat (though the stand up/sit down spam is a bit annoying).

try create a new chat tab and modify it to include everything u need but not system messages :)

A

-adz-

I report afk macroers

Especially the ones that are CH's and go to work and come back with 200,000 more xp

T

tris-

report them all you want, but SOE designed it so that the people who dont play much have an equal playing field to the people who are a lot.

A

-adz-

afk macroing is not "playing", and I do believe SOE states something about that being classed as cheating

T

tris-

SOE has given people the ability, told them the commands and said to the players that AFK macroing is allowed because it gives players an equal ground. if it was cheating, for a start they wouldnt of put the ability there in the first place and secondly theyd take it out.

A

-adz-

hmm maybe so.

Its still quite stupid, I for one do not want to pay to leave my pc alone

R

Rei-Ki

i have a very good macro for afk sampling - the pauses may need adjusting depending on ya action pool but ive used it non-stop - the only time it stops is when the server shuts down - pm me if you want - i got a few others like crafting, shooting/harvesting if you want too.

regards, rei.

E

Ebonn

Go to a place with lots of easy and fast spawning mobs, then you start your macro, which is something along the lines of 'selecting nearest mob > send pet to atttack > pause > shoot mob' and repeat ad infinitum.

D

darbey

Thanks for the replies, my own personal take on macros is id rather they werent in the game but i justify it to myself by the fact im not gaining any xp by sampling macros just the resources to be able to xp. Thnx again for replys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom