+AF in templates...useless?

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
afaik for albs its useless because of spec af buff.

needed for other realms tho.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
It will still reduce the chance of a hit (as shown by the the melee test in the thread pointed too i.e. 100 hits at 666 af compared to 110 hits at 606af ) and also works in conjunction with spec af. Albion players get as much benefit as any other realm.

SethNaket

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
It will still reduce the chance of a hit (as shown by the the melee test in the thread pointed too i.e. 100 hits at 666 af compared to 110 hits at 606af ) and also works in conjunction with spec af. Albion players get as much benefit as any other realm.

No, it has nothing to do with to-hit. The tests where just 100 and 110 hits each, as in the length of the test not the hitrate.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Base af only brings your armour up to par with MP pieces.
People with 100% armour get no benefit from base AF in that aspect
its always been like that

Belomar

Part of the furniture
This is about +AF in templates, not about base AF buff?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Belomar said:
This is about +AF in templates, not about base AF buff?
look at his tests
he has a base af when running them making them useless
a better test would be a mp pieces with toa bonuses
and non-mp pieces with the same toa bonuses
that way u can see the difference it makes

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Who runs unbuffed anyway? The point that is made in the test is that putting +AF bonus on your template is a waste--that is the important thing you should understand. Mythic needs to make +AF go over the cap.

SethNaket

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
look at his tests
he has a base af when running them making them useless

Right back at you, look at his tests, especially the first half when he explains in almost ridiculous detail the setups.

Chronictank said:
a better test would be a mp pieces with toa bonuses
and non-mp pieces with the same toa bonuses
that way u can see the difference it makes

That's exactly what he did, did you just read the topic of the post and skip the rest or what?

"Armor set #1, Crafted af102, mp
Armor set #2, 85% qual af102
Armor set #3 85% qual af92"

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Belomar said:
Who runs unbuffed anyway? The point that is made in the test is that putting +AF bonus on your template is a waste--that is the important thing you should understand. Mythic needs to make +AF go over the cap.
fair nuff didnt look at it that way :), personally i am happy with it the way it is atm rather than plate+spec af+50 af from toa

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
i read that +AF effects the times you get hit in the fight calculation,and if thats true it's good to have

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
There caps for different classes, e.g. using 25% buffbonus while casting self AF buff on Sorc gives a stronger AF buff, but it doesn't do anything cause I'm capped with the normal self buff + specc buff.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Dunno if that test is actually reliable. I notice a difference between how I get hit on my Vampiir (RR5+) with 0 AF in template and on my Nightshade (RR5+) with 50 AF in template.

It MIGHT been something I noticed wrong tho. Anyhow alot of high utility-stuff has +AF so its not that hard to get it sorted incase of doubt.

For Vampiirs ---> They often do run 'unbuffed'. And in leather so really low AF already.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Was under the impression that AF has nothing to do with getting hit or not, only with how hard you get hit.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
He tested only with bolts from a runie altho, i know bolts SHOULD work with same code as melee, but i ain't sure tbh.
The other one testing against a mob didn't worked it out correctly anyway cause 2nd time he tested it against 10% more hits, so where's the logic lol.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Fana said:
Was under the impression that AF has nothing to do with getting hit or not, only with how hard you get hit.
Yeah, that's correct--that other misconception about AF affecting the chance you get hit is probably some artifact arising from AD&D rules or similar. ;)

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
It's a very minor issue, as Puppet said you can easily obtain 30af in a template anyway which is more then enough, anything else will make minimal difference, so long as you're using your af charges/spec af anyway.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
With scepter of the meritonius ability active, and my +AF from template, my healer has something like 718af, and unless my mind is going it definetly feels like i get hit for less with that level of af. Can usually survive an assist train for a while anyway, and adding stealthers could usually have picked a better target etc. So ill keep trying to squeze in AF in my templates :)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Bolts should work in the same way, altho I'm eager to see his melee testing. As he said if you "feel" you get hit for less, it's most likely because of melee damage variance.
Then it would be pretty conclusive, and put the lid on omfg must have af in temp. But as said earlier, it's no probs getting a decent amount of extra af in a template.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
What is your AF cap? AF from armour assuming it's MP and 100% condition?
Base AF + Armour AF + extra AF on ToA template can't exceed this value is what is being said, with spec AF on seperate cap?

Was gonna redo template to cap out +AF so kinda interested. Guess best thing is just to test myself with bot hitting for 30mins, FoH up and some Rings of Brute.

Tubbs

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Yeah, that's correct--that other misconception about AF affecting the chance you get hit is probably some artifact arising from AD&D rules or similar. ;)

It's not a misconception, AF affects melee absorb and the chance to be hit. From personal experience playing a cloth caster and a heretic, with 900+af the difference is blatent. Whereas it's very rare for a melee class to miss my cloth caster, my heretic is usually missed in melee combat at least once per fight and sometimes more.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Hmm, all right. You wouldn't have some tests to prove it? I've been scouring VNBoards for something like that, but have so far found nothing.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
From the latest patch notes 1.79C --

- Item-based AF bonuses now actually increase your AF, block damage, and report as such on your character sheet.

sounds like it has been fixed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom