Aesirs blade guild recruitment

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
Aesirs Blade are currently recruiting for members to join our Age of Conan guild that will be starting up on the 23rd of May (Release day). We already have a lot of the old members coming but churn rates are high on a new games release so we want to work on the numbers slightly.

Guild info
Formed in 2003 on DAOC excal and is still around now, was one of the main mid rvr guilds back in the day, members have played SWG EVE and everything else under the sun but have stuck together in contact and are reforming for AOC, numbers stand at around 23.
Some players are hardcore pvp tarts and some people get off on pve and we have enough members to run both, expect an mmo on release to be mainly about the pve as the pvp aspect with generally be shite until all the exploits are sorted and balance is imposed.
We have quite a few beta players so help will be on hand when you need it most (At the start of a new MMO ^^ )

Requirements
18+, This is a no brainer as that’s the games rating and we all know you can’t get hold of an 18+ game when you’re a minor right? :), but seriously we don’t want shrieking teens on vent it’s just painful.
Vent capable, yeah if you're too embarrassed to talk on vent for whatever reason then fine just be prepared to join it to listen to what’s going off and me giving my latest rant about my wife.
Swedish people can join but only if they don’t have death metal blatting out in the background while on vent (Take note Zorena/Lethul)
Ex DAOC players are especially welcome

Reply here, pm me or go to Aesirs Blade and say something in the general forum and I’ll sort out access.

An idea of your class leaning would be good (Healer tank etc) but not a problem as classes get nerfed to shit and back with a new MMO anyway

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
Good might be pushing it ;)

We have had some more members join up, mainly DAOC players so dont be shy sending me a PM if you're interested in playing AOC

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Me and couple of ex Ithil galad players gonna play aoc for sure and dont have a guild yet but my problem is still same as daoc, i dont use vent/ts or anything. Everyone else does just not me lol. I do have reasons though it isnt just stubborness:p

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
We wouldnt refuse a player who we know would be an asset just due to not liking vent, at times i hate going on vent just because sometimes it gives me a shocking headache :/

If you want in then the Vent thing is not a problem.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
Me and couple of ex Ithil galad players gonna play aoc for sure and dont have a guild yet but my problem is still same as daoc, i dont use vent/ts or anything. Everyone else does just not me lol. I do have reasons though it isnt just stubborness:p

aye hes got a welsh accent :p why didnt u say u were goin AoC dumb bish! ya got bored war already?

poon that name rings a bell you an elf back in day?

i might also be interested poon not many CF'ers goin AoC and this freddyshouse guild doesnt seem to be gaining much ground am lookin at a ranger atm

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
Elf? pfft :)

I was a norse zerker, played in Aesirs and Jack Herer, left Excal when TOA was released

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
Heres a copy of the guild charter anyway, if it sounds like something you want to be involved in then just drop round the forums and register.

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
Guild charter

Aesirs' Blade within Age of Conan (Henceforth referred to as AOC) aims to be a guild which allows both the hardcore and more casual gamer elements to co-exist in a manner that benefits both parties. This is not going to be a hardcore gank group setup and neither will PVP’rs be penalised for doing what they want, in this guild you pay and you play how you want.
Guild structure
A quick note before we get into the structure, the guild will be a democracy with all members having one equal vote, this is designed to prevent the formation of ‘Cliques’ and old boys clubs which have been a problem with the guild in the past, major guild decisions (Start/stop recruiting, forming breaking of alliances, promotion of officers) will be ratified through anonymous voting via the forums.

2x GM’s
The GM’s role will be mainly admin and keeping the guild together, the GM’s word will not be law and decisions will be accounted for before the members.

GM's on release: Poon, Rulke(Turgon)
Reasons: Both have ran guild's before, both learnt from past mistakes, willing to accept the wajn when it all goes tits up ^^

1 officer per 8 members
The officer’s role is to take the lead, this doesn’t mean bossing everyone around, this rank is given to members who naturally take the reins, get things done and without pissing on everyone’s fire at the same time (A rare skill indeed)
This rank confers no special priv’s aside from invite rights (Security precaution) and you will need to work while holding this rank and continue to prove your worth.
Officer promotion method
When an officer post is available members will be invited to post why they should be promoted, anon voting will then pick which candidate to be promoted, you may think this method promotes the popular people getting promoted but officers need to be popular as that’s the only real way to hold sway in an MMO.

Officers on release: None
Reasons: This role is not going to be the same as within DAOC and wont grant a huge amount of priv's or rights, this rank will be given to the people who lead the groups and who want the job etc

Members
Members will be the vast bulk of the guild and will have the most voting power between them to change things within the guild.

Member requirements.
• A passing ability to read and write English
• The ability to download Ventrilo to listen in if not to talk, the shy will not be forced if they don’t want to.
• 18+, natch as its an 18+ game
New members will be given a 2 week trial and will be kicked after three complaints from existing members.

Member Conduct

Do’s
• Respect each other, yes it can be hard to realise that there is a person behind the avatar but there is.
• Help others, what goes around comes around so the more you help other people the more people will be willing to help you.
• Recruit those you deem worthy
• Form groups from guild members if feasible, you won’t be forced to group with people you may not like but don’t be slow to group with people you don’t know
• Think for yourself
• Form groups if you need one and none are going
• Remember it’s a game
• Have fun

Dont’s
• Smack talk to other members in guild chat, got a problem take it to PM or keep it to yourself
• Whinge constantly about game bugs for the first few months, MMO’s are basically in beta for 6 months after release
• Recruit dicks
• Spam guild chat
• Be nasty ^^

Group dynamics, raiding and large scale PVP

Set groups
There are no rules about not forming your own set groups within the guild, if you want to run a set group in PVP mini games etc then all power to you but respect the people whose views differ to yours.

PVE gods
Some people like to PVP over PVE, respect this please

Raiding
Attendance will be strongly encouraged but not compulsory, if you don’t find raiding fun then no one’s going to force you but remember that raids benefit you along with the whole guild.

Large scale PVP
Not enough info atm

Talivar

Part of the furniture
What server type we going on? lets go roleplay and talk funny. Hail Poon Hamster of Odins how art thou today! Second thoughts though we would probally descend into a guild of cyber sex weirdos or something equally as strange but fun!:p

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
Well, it's deffo looking like PVE atm due to how the PVP is in Conan, so you can level and roll alts without being nailed constantly but then go to the outer zones and mini games to pvp when you're ready.

Open world PVP servers are 5% good fights and 95% ganking which is fun for a while but gets weak if you dont level on the curve from release and it's a pain if you want an alt, saying that some of the best fights i ever had in WOW were on the PVP server i played on while leveling but then i had very few "good" fights in WOW as a whole :)

Very few good fights on the DAOC PVP server also, all the good stuff was in DAOC's PVE type model.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
What server type we going on? lets go roleplay and talk funny. Hail Poon Hamster of Odins how art thou today! Second thoughts though we would probally descend into a guild of cyber sex weirdos or something equally as strange but fun!:p

be just various other guilds youd played in then tali im thinkin of pve more and more got alot on at work not sure im gonna be able to giv as much time to the game as id hoped :(

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Pve will be best type of server i reckon aswell, hate being ganked by much higher lvs as i quest lol

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
aye well, reg some accounts on the forum so we can sort the details out before release ^^

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Could be intrested to join in,the fighting system sounds kinda frightening thought.

How excatly it works like? If you been on beta that is

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
Well its semi twitch, there’s no auto attack and you have 3 attack keys, which swing either overhead left or right, special attacks need a combination of the 3 attack keys to complete.

Mages are touted to have something like this added, meaning you can power up spells at risk of doing damage to yourself.

Have a look at some of the videos on the website, explains it much better than I can.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
No binding every key to nuke and rolling your face about the keyboard like DAOC/WoW which can only be a good thing :)

(on topic) Good luck on the guild, well thought out charter!

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Would have been cool if you could make alliances, it could become a bit unbalanced tho.

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
Well we could do with an L for IRC so if anyone fancies adding #aesirs to their auto join on Quakenet it would be much appreciated

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Well its semi twitch, there’s no auto attack and you have 3 attack keys, which swing either overhead left or right, special attacks need a combination of the 3 attack keys to complete.

Becomes 5 keys later on according to the Funcom Dev Vid I saw on youtube recently. cba to find now soz.

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
Aye i saw that, could not be bothered to level hard in the beta though :/

dee777

Loyal Freddie
Becomes 5 keys later on according to the Funcom Dev Vid I saw on youtube recently. cba to find now soz.

For real? I thought the 5 button interface was before they nerfed it to 3 buttons. In the very beginning they considered 8 directional buttons BTW. ^^

I might roll a melee class if some classes get 5 buttons at some stage.

taB

Part of the furniture
Afair the extra buttons are for spell-weaving and some combat classes and are gained at higher levels?

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
Guild roster for launch, for info for people who are searching for daoc players playing AOC etc here's the Aesirs roster as it stands today

Phil
Shirtan
Pikey
Vodor
Poon
Joker
Rulke
Hjelper
Grumbur
Ceddwen
Aneline
Meache
Gral
Tynian
Agromin
southpaw
Chaosphere
Gerron
Tamian
derianna
ogmond
Punj
Ulrak
Rores
ohcan
Ozandrd
Runoff
taivar
Panini
sneekycreeky
Halvdan
Gosa
Nightchill
Defin
Bergy
Woba
norvindus
Casiraghi
Ruinor
Sagern
staj
Shawn
Shallan
ArgyBargy
Lefay

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
I expect Dagon one of the PVE servers

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
Guild formed last night, PM Poon Vodor or Rulke ingame for invite

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Hi mr poon and co.

Just got back from a monster afk (2years+) i think and was scouting about to see what games are out now as i got some free time coming up, had a quick look at aoc and it looks decent enough, might get it ordered today.

Any reccomendations on what class etc are most required/fun.

It's good to see aesirs is still up and running :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom