Music Aerosmith

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
hey its the 1,2,3 of popular dance music - hes an old radio 1 fan m8s ! nice try, the Pantera GIVES IT AWAY THOUGH. Music snob, take some drugs ffs.

Plze do tell, your aged 17, Appetite is released - WTF were you listening to if NOT the GnR album, being the big thrash metal fan that u are n all.

god your a dick, and really shit at judging people as well. how does saying I like Pantera make me a "thrash metal" fan. and the 123 of popular dance music?? wtf you on?

In 1988 I was listening to albums like:

Pixies - Surfa Rosa
Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation
NWA - Straight outta Compton
Public Enemy - It takes a nation of millions
Jane's Addiction - Nothings Shocking
Siouxsie and the Banshees - Peep Show

So that makes me what, a Goth, indie, original gangster, thrasher?????

Or maybe I liked to listen to lots of different music.....like I do now.........

Thank god I didnt like GnR and their ilk, I looked crap in skin tight jeans anyway

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I really dont get fans of bands like GnR/Aerosmith, they go on about how fucking great their albums/music were and it changed a generation etc etc, then get all pissy when people say, actually I thought it was crap.

I was at MoR in 96, mainly to see Therapy? and guess what, amazingly, some people thought Aerosmith were shit then too.

fine if you like the band, everyone likes something different. but dont get shitty when people give a different opinion.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I'm hardly narrowminded. I'm currently listening to a mix of

Leonard Cohen
Sam Cooke
Muse
PJ Harvey
Pink Floyd
Rolling Stones
Queens of the Stone Age
Pantera
The Prodigy
Goldfrapp
Massive Attack
Nirvana
Marvin Gaye
Sisters of Mercy

I can listen to anything, but this tosh (aerosmith, motley crue, GnR et al, which is just a great derivative mash of dog plop, and country and western music)

so if your going to listen to metal, listen to some proper metal like Black Sabbath cause they are miles better than this cack (in my opinion of course, but as forums are all about opinions, im ok to state mine :) )

I really do feel sorry for you if you think one style of music annulls the other,
and aerosmith are and have never been metal! so basicly your comparing
R.E.M to Limpbizket ? no ? well you might as well.

and you say you arent narrow minded on music ?
I'd have to disagree, but then again the fact that you seemlingly think aerosmith fall into the same catagory as motley crue shows how ignorant you really are about music.

oh and by all means do educate us whats "propper" metal ? comments like tho's always make me laugh. I like about everyone of tho's groups you listed including Aerosmith and GnR, or thats to say abit from each of them and some of it i dont like, it depends on the individual song. Guess the difference between us is I stopped being a fanboi when i hit 16.

If you dont like hard rock, then by all means fine!
I'm no fan off Rave, techno or death metal, but you wont find me trashing each and every rave artist i come across.

so before you call groups like aerosmith trash metal bands from the 80's
go do your home work.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Pantera did alot for modern heavy metal actually,

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I really do feel sorry for you if you think one style of music annulls the other,
and aerosmith are and have never been metal! so basicly your comparing
R.E.M to Limpbizket ? no ? well you might as well.

and you say you arent narrow minded on music ?
I'd have to disagree, but then again the fact that you seemlingly think aerosmith fall into the same catagory as motley crue shows how ignorant you really are about music.

oh and by all means do educate us whats "propper" metal ? comments like tho's always make me laugh. I like about everyone of tho's groups you listed including Aerosmith and GnR, or thats to say abit from each of them and some of it i dont like, it depends on the individual song. Guess the difference between us is I stopped being a fanboi when i hit 16.

If you dont like hard rock, then by all means fine!
I'm no fan off Rave, techno or death metal, but you wont find me trashing each and every rave artist i come across.

so before you call groups like aerosmith trash metal bands from the 80's
go do your home work.

I can see what your saying, never really meant to dump Aerosmith in the same boat as say Megadeth/Motley Crue (obviously) but its a whole genre of music thats never really floated my boat.

Soft rock/Hard rock, just doesnt push my buttons apart from the occasional track by say Kiss or Alice Cooper.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I can see what your saying, never really meant to dump Aerosmith in the same boat as say Megadeth/Motley Crue (obviously) but its a whole genre of music thats never really floated my boat.

Soft rock/Hard rock, just doesnt push my buttons apart from the occasional track by say Kiss or Alice Cooper.

ah,
see now that I can respect,
fair enogh.

Laddey

FH is my second home
Would you say ive got a narrowmind of music taste?

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I wouldnt know, I dont know what you like
But isnt that basicly a fundamental requirement
if you want to be truly Chav?

Laddey

FH is my second home
I wouldnt know, I dont know what you like
But isnt that basicly a fundamental requirement
if you want to be truly Chav?
I dont want to be a chav ;<

You guys make me appear to be a chav :(

I want to be normal again!

Olgaline

FH is my second home
and on that note ..... ... ..

Funk > all others styles

hihihi :p

megadave

I am a FH squatter
i always thought aerosmith were just glam rock pretending to be heavy metal

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
One way to show what bands you're into...

2167807713_a727a769f8.jpg

Zede

Part of the furniture
I really dont get fans of bands like GnR/Aerosmith, they go on about how fucking great their albums/music were and it changed a generation etc etc, then get all pissy when people say, actually I thought it was crap.

I was at MoR in 96, mainly to see Therapy? and guess what, amazingly, some people thought Aerosmith were shit then too.

fine if you like the band, everyone likes something different. but dont get shitty when people give a different opinion.

musical snobbery, oh you guys are great.

1988 was about sex, drugs and rock n roll - GnR inspired a generation to do just that. I bought nothings shocking & appetite in 1988, luckily however I had my synapses opened by constant drug use, which gave me the ability to appreciate music across all genres.

Sounds to me like you really didnt get much sex back then.

oh and

pantera

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Exactly.

Laddey, if you have to post that black shit music post it in another thread you drum n bass infected chav. Now put your hoodie up over your baseball cap, grab a kitchen knife, and go and stab some people in your estate. There's a good boy !

not that i think laddey made a very... contributional post but..

thats fucking racism mate.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
musical snobbery, oh you guys are great.

1988 was about sex, drugs and rock n roll - GnR inspired a generation to do just that. I bought nothings shocking & appetite in 1988, luckily however I had my synapses opened by constant drug use, which gave me the ability to appreciate music across all genres.

Sounds to me like you really didnt get much sex back then.

oh and

pantera

Zede, no disrespect but what the fuck are you drivelling on about. I have no idea where you get this idea that I am some kind of musical snob from....

and whats this I did loads of drugs badge of honour crap???? I dont really give a crap what drugs you did. And speaking from experience (laying on a mates floor and listening to Pink Floyds Breathe about 5 times in a row for the intro) I can say that drugs generally make your musical taste all cocked up (look at all those ravers :) )

I dont see how a discussion of music can, for you, degenerate into a how many drugs/how many shags pissing contest, its irrelevan.

so take your self opinionated crap and go away. you have no clue about me and quite frankly your personal attacks are pissing me off. I dont like Aerosmith, I dont like GnR, get over it.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Zede, no disrespect but what the fuck are you drivelling on about. I have no idea where you get this idea that I am some kind of musical snob from....

and whats this I did loads of drugs badge of honour crap???? I dont really give a crap what drugs you did. And speaking from experience (laying on a mates floor and listening to Pink Floyds Breathe about 5 times in a row for the intro) I can say that drugs generally make your musical taste all cocked up (look at all those ravers :) )

I dont see how a discussion of music can, for you, degenerate into a how many drugs/how many shags pissing contest, its irrelevan.

so take your self opinionated crap and go away. you have no clue about me and quite frankly your personal attacks are pissing me off. I dont like Aerosmith, I dont like GnR, get over it.

someone who enters a thread with " they are crap" or what ever your drivel was, frankly deserves a berating. i never said you did drugs, u ok ?

ye gods, you nave never done any drugs have you ? somebody plze spam that bill hicks quote about drugs & music !

musical tastes cocked up ? Yer, i guess when dylan introduced the beatles to pot in that new york hotel room, the following album was a bag of shite wasnt it ? I mean like who the fuck has listened to Revolver ?

musical tastes all cocked up...sorry thats just one of the funniest lines Ive heard on here for a long time.

music and drugs are synonymous to the point of it being a symbiotic relationship, you missed the boat on that one it seems.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
He never said you accused him of taking drugs Zede mate. Now as much as I hate musical elitism, I've got to say I hate the fanboys almost as much. As I've said before, each to their own, but there's no point in trying to tell people a band is good because they 'revolutionised rock' or 'changed the genre' or 'invened this that whatever the fuck else' .

Bigsoz if that doesn't make as much sense as I'd like, I'm tired as fuck.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I really dont see the need for me to list whatever drugs I have done just so that I can join your list of people with musical taste Zede.

Yeah, my initial comment about listening to "proper music" could have been worded better but the snobbery is all coming from you sunshine.

I'm sure some musicians have seen the light while using drugs, but I think theres quite a few out there who've written decent music without drugs and drugs have killed a few promising musicians well before their time.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not anti-drugs (far from it) but this whole, your a musical snob, go do some drugs and listen to Dlyan is worse than what I said in the first place.

Anyway, I'm not going to comment anymore, your clearly an arsehole of the highest order, and this thread is supposed to be about Aerosmith

Zede

Part of the furniture
I really dont see the need for me to list whatever drugs I have done just so that I can join your list of people with musical taste Zede.

Yeah, my initial comment about listening to "proper music" could have been worded better but the snobbery is all coming from you sunshine.

I'm sure some musicians have seen the light while using drugs, but I think theres quite a few out there who've written decent music without drugs and drugs have killed a few promising musicians well before their time.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not anti-drugs (far from it) but this whole, your a musical snob, go do some drugs and listen to Dlyan is worse than what I said in the first place.

Anyway, I'm not going to comment anymore, your clearly an arsehole of the highest order, and this thread is supposed to be about Aerosmith

woot ! what an interesting twist. attempting to turn it round and accuse me of musical snobbery, class :)

Some musicians...geee im having a hard time thinking of just a few ( scratches head )..let me think, hmmm...

Led Zeppelin,The Doors, Aerosmith, GnR, Janis Jopin, Jimi Hendrix, David Bowie, AC/DC, Tom Waits, Neil Young, Miles Davis,Grateful Dead, Sex Pistols, Janes Addiction, RHCP, The Beach Boys, Velvet Underground, James Brown, Bob Dylan, The Who, the Stones, The Ramones, Floyd, Marley...to name but a FEW.

Have to admit, tis just a few, defo not a broad representation of the best music in the history of the planet. So, what planet are you from then ?

So the person who has big hang ups about particular types of music, uses superlative comments like " they are crap" is now the good guy, and the dude pointing this out is now the 'snob' YOU are the one thats pigeon-holed yourself, not me.

I listen to a huge selection of music, I dont pigeon hole genres and make them "out of bounds" I dont post inane comments & expect nobody not to comment - if you think you can post provocative shizzle like that and NOT have ppl comment, YOUR IN THE WRONG FORUM.

pantera. (you can reveal you are actually a big heavy metal fan, tis ok)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
not that i think laddey made a very... contributional post but..

thats fucking racism mate.

No it isn't. The problem (although much much better than the other way round) these days appears to be that there's so little racism that people have started going looking for it where it doesn't exist. Calling a black guy black is NOT racism. If I said that Take that were a band listened to by teenage girls, would I be sexist and ageist in your eyes?

Helme

Resident Freddy
Plze do tell, your aged 17, Appetite is released - WTF were you listening to if NOT the GnR album, being the big thrash metal fan that u are n all.

Probably Slayer, Megadeth, Metallica or Anthrax seeing as they were the big 4's of Thrash Metal(which GnR are not).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom