AE-MEZ 1850 range

L

Lanfaer

Got any comments on this so far?
Been playing in bg some in the new patch, and I've got nothing good to say about it, we're mezzed way before we even get into spellrange .. ok if it was singletarget mez, but aemez .. HAVE MYTHIC GONE BLOODY BONKERS!? :(

Oh and some say it's to counter mids and hibs superior CC, as if any alb group doesn't have at least one mincer in their group .. and as if that mincer doesnt have SoS ... YAY! :clap:

edit: typo

X

Xeanor

The problem is that this is still new, you think you're in a safe range (except for Nearsight) and stay out of your own nuking range, then get mezzed.

Today there was ~20 mids leaving MPK, they all stop in front of us, they can't nuke yet, because they are just outside the 1500 range, but i mezzed all of them with 3x AE mezz.

Don't think your safe from Albs now, use your insta-mezz as quickly as possible =)

-X

L

Lanfaer

Well one of the ways to beat it is to charge them at full throttle since it's castable and not insta, slam an insta in the sorc face and you're fine, but at these fabled standoffs that we get to once in awhile, these sorc's will just eat us alive ... and the post was written in anger, being mezzed and trampled upon like a common hib *cries*, suppose we'll have to adapt and overcome, as the mighty midgardians we are, won't whine like a loathsome alb! :clap:

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by Lanfaer

Oh and some say it's to counter mids and hibs superior CC, as if any alb group doesn't have at least one mincer in their group .. and as if that mincer doesnt have SoS ... YAY! :clap:

SoS doesn't break mezz, just means you can move, and mincer cant cast it whilst actually mezzed.

The reason you are gonna be mezzed by albs nowadays ismore likely due to more sorcs RvRing just post patch than before, than the actual mezz distance increase.

W

wyleia

Re: Re: AE-MEZ 1850 range

Originally posted by Meatballs
SoS doesn't break mezz, just means you can move, and mincer cant cast it whilst actually mezzed.

The reason you are gonna be mezzed by albs nowadays ismore likely due to more sorcs RvRing just post patch than before, than the actual mezz distance increase.

Yup, Sorcs are fotm atm.. so expect to see lots of em.. heck I saw like 4 out in emain the other nite... What closet did all these sorcs hide in for the past few months i wanna know :) The Sorc class was already a good class (best alb caster class if you ask me) and now we just got EVEN better (cant believe it!) :)

O

old.Meganuke

roll a alb:) i did, i simply love all the alb love now:)
(got main at midxcal)
i mean, the mids are mezzed, before they get into normal spell range, and it is AE! 400 radius, WHAHHAHAHA!!! :D :D

I

ImLestat

Wonder what it would take for people to start playing their healers in RvR. It's certainly time that Mythic thought about that.

A

AzuratMinimus

Well the extra range is just making it uber, it was good before 400 aoe with quick cast, high dex races and dex while lvling. Makes it close to 1 sec casting time for buffed up freaks like walkie. I would wanna see the healer that could cast at that speed. And most of all cast a uninteruptable spell every 30 secs that has full mezzing time and 400 radius.

Yes aoe insta used to be good, but it´s pretty nerfed to hell now with most having base resitances caped. Add to that AoM and resistance buffs and your down to 15 secs or less. For tanks determination and your down to close or even beneath 10 sec mezzing time. Yey insta aoe mezz is really great.

Yet healers are forced to cast em since they have no qc and if a sorceress really pays attention they can start casting after and finish before the healer at most times anyway. This leaves me with basicly 1 option using insta aoe stunn and then cast a ordinary mezz. Problem this gives albs a free stun imunity.

Think if i would choose a sorceress anyday instead of a pac healer if i got to choose CC. Only thing that speaks for healer is aoe stunn.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Originally posted by Biby
Well sayd for ur age 12< year old boy :) Go to sleep no .

Must be sad that a 12 year old boy's got a better grasp of grammar than you.

G

Glacier

i havent had any problems with it yet... all u need to do (as bard) is Lull get in range and ae mez/instamez and the sorcs fooked... IMO they should give alb instamez like mid and hib... and not the 1850 range mez, only thing that is good for is ambushes and close-ranged-instant-classes, both the others cc'ers got an instant 2300 range interrupt :p
but the 400 radius is a pain :)

B

Balbor

Originally posted by AzuratMinimus
Yes aoe insta used to be good, but it´s pretty nerfed to hell now with most having base resitances caped. Add to that AoM and resistance buffs and your down to 15 secs or less. For tanks determination and your down to close or even beneath 10 sec mezzing time. Yey insta aoe mezz is really great.

Yet healers are forced to cast em since they have no qc and if a sorceress really pays attention they can start casting after and finish before the healer at most times anyway. This leaves me with basicly 1 option using insta aoe stunn and then cast a ordinary mezz. Problem this gives albs a free stun imunity

Oh no you have to use your instent AOE stun, pour you! We don't have any AOE stuns, and our single target ones are terrible, cleirc only have 1350 range (and that better than it use to be) and Minstrels only have 700. All healer get a 11sec 1500 range stun at L50. Healers that spec Pac can get a instent 10sec AOE 1500 stun at 48.

You start complaining about our bolt range mezz being unfair, what about your nuke range stuns, isn't it therefor unfair for them to have a long range than the clerics stun??

Up to this patch albion couldn't tutch the other two realms when it comes to CC, and everyone knows good CC wins battles 9 out of 10 times. To make thing worse they nerfed our only instent AOE mezz (which was already the worst instent aoe mezz in the game anyway) and to make up for it gave Minstrels a aoe mezz that took 5secs to cast.

I'm sure you won't be happy until you get an instnt 2min, nearsight range AOE STUN with a 0 recast timer. J/King :p

O

old.linnet

I wouldn't judge it too much just on the battlegrounds -- casters and CC are both much stronger there than in 'real' RvR due to lack of resists/realm abilities to counter.

F

Fightersuntzu

Ugh. <throws rocks at SoS whiners>. It only really nullifies root, jeez :)

And while i havent gotten into 1.60 yet, i bet its evened the scales slightly...being insta mezzed the second you move to engage and then destroyed by PBAE and stuns is a whole world of fun. :D

<runs off to level his ice wizard too>

A

AzuratMinimus

Originally posted by Balbor
I'm sure you won't be happy until you get an instnt 2min, nearsight range AOE STUN with a 0 recast timer. J/King :p

I would rather want qc and bolt range. And reason you couldn´t mezz people is mostly lazy sorceress that are slow. Since most of the mezzes i cast is the normal ones, just albs that are very slow to reacting when then they zerg.

O

opoc

Been playing in bg some in the new patch, and I've got nothing good to say about it, we're mezzed way before we even get into spellrange .. ok if it was singletarget mez, but aemez .. HAVE MYTHIC GONE BLOODY BONKERS!? :(

Albs got superior CC before the extended range - SoS + Quickcast AOEMezz erm no stopping them :) + Casters have better casting times than healers/bards. Also minstrels sorcs have common specs with mezzes in whereas hibs just have bards and thats it as there is not many light elds (with not so good aoemezz anyways and hardly any ments spec high mentalism for the high single target mezz). Mids is dark specced spiritmasters which you dont get much no more, but trhey get aoe stun so thats balanced. They shouldnt have made best mezzing realm even better at it :)

J

j000 d000d

Originally posted by opoc
Albs got superior CC before the extended range - SoS + Quickcast AOEMezz erm no stopping them :) + Casters have better casting times than healers/bards. Also minstrels sorcs have common specs with mezzes in whereas hibs just have bards and thats it as there is not many light elds (with not so good aoemezz anyways and hardly any ments spec high mentalism for the high single target mezz). Mids is dark specced spiritmasters which you dont get much no more, but trhey get aoe stun so thats balanced. They shouldnt have made best mezzing realm even better at it :)

Albion best mezzing realm

are you serious? :lol:

D

darbey

Yeah we really own with our 5 sec castable crappy radius , low duration , only just qualifying as AE mezz. A minstrel might cut it for cc with 1 or 2 mobs but not grp combat.

Sarcastic mode off.

P

powahhdagod

lol

the 1850 mezz range means nothing against hibs...a good bard can easily interrupt it.....2.300 range instant AE amnesia...well all those that think that the new toy in sorcs can do sthing is shortminded.....sure it helps against mids but against hibs it is shit....a bard that knows what he is doing will not let his grped get mezzed.......10 sec recast time on amnesia welllllllllll and instant mezz :D.....did i miss sthing?
anyway the fact is that actually sorcs now *GOT* sthing.....
i am not saying the new range is shit...well a mezz on bolt range is not really bad....but if you go for fg vs fg with a skilled grp with an AVERAGE bard then your bolt range mezz can't help...
hmpf....albs do not go fg vs fg....oh sorry i forgot that :doh::puke:

also do not forgot purge,GP,BaoD :wij: think again about the new toy :wij:

A

Aravis

Originally posted by opoc

This is a Dark Age of Camelot forum, you sure you're playing the same game?

D

Damon_D

Re: Re: Re: AE-MEZ 1850 range

Originally posted by wyleia
Yup, Sorcs are fotm atm.. so expect to see lots of em.. heck I saw like 4 out in emain the other nite... What closet did all these sorcs hide in for the past few months i wanna know :) The Sorc class was already a good class (best alb caster class if you ask me) and now we just got EVEN better (cant believe it!) :)

I have no trouble beliving it..cause you aint a mid..if you been a mid and you classs been made better I would have a hard time beliving it

C

Cathul

Only one word to sorc increased mezz range:

Nearsight

/Cathul

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Glacier
i havent had any problems with it yet... all u need to do (as bard) is Lull get in range and ae mez/instamez and the sorcs fooked... IMO they should give alb instamez like mid and hib... and not the 1850 range mez, only thing that is good for is ambushes and close-ranged-instant-classes, both the others cc'ers got an instant 2300 range interrupt :p
but the 400 radius is a pain :)

Can't wait till my healer gets an instant lull, mine is 2 second castable atm :rolleyes: what spec is it in?

X

Xeanor

Originally posted by Cathul
Only one word to sorc increased mezz range:

Nearsight

/Cathul

They tried that... but I'm happy that the first RA i got after MCL was Purge ;)

W

Wend

Originally posted by Glacier
both the others cc'ers got an instant 2300 range interrupt :p

Huh? Where's my Healer's instant 2300 range interrupt??

M

mordia

I think someone stole my 2300 range insta amnesia :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom