Advices and Thoughts on a Saracen Thrust or maybe Crush Paladin Please

D

Diddyman

Guest
Hi,

I've started a Saracen Paladin and currently Speccing in Thrust.

Please can I have some thoughts and advices please, as I don't want to create another Ubber Gimp (my Main is a 2H Pala ;) ).

I am planning to spec Thrust up to 29 or maybe Crush to 29.

I prefer Thrust as it if 50/50 Based on Dex & Strength right ?

Also Dex helps with blocking too (I am I right here too ?)

The Thrust 29 Style is a use from behind, with High Damage + High Bonus to Hit, therefore will be get to use after a Slam with Shield. There is also bleeding, which casters will just love :)

The crush 29 style is a use after I block, equally usefull too.

So first question is shall I continue in Thrust or instead go Crush?

and is 29 enough, if I goto go past 29 then, i think i would then lean towards crush.

Next bit is that assumming lvl 29 on weapon style and 48 in chants, and 42 in shield, at lvl 50 where shall I invest the rest ?

I can take shield to maximum and then rest in parry, or leave shields at 42, and then put rest in parry.

Any thoughts here please.

Thanks
Diddy
 
M

mirieth

Guest
I would not recommend either Thrust or Crush, to be honest, as the majority of the styles simply suck or are not designed for tanks (take the huge amount of evade based Thrust styles as an example).

I'm leveling a Saracen Paladin also and have speced slash from the off (some people like to train thrust/crush to 40 the single-line respec to slash for a few extra spec points). This has been going well for me so far and would recommend it.

Thrust/crush just isn't really a viable option for a sword and shield user (IMO) due to the un-friendly'ness as it were, of the styles to a s/s spec.

As for a final spec, I'd recommend this:

42 shield,
39 slash,
48 chants,
rest in parry (15 it amounts to, I think).

Hope this helps :)
 
S

stafford

Guest
1 hole in the thrust pally idea

dex doesnt go up as you level
its strength const and piety

so you end up with around 90 strength and still the old 60/70 dex
its not that big a problem at 50 but it will be noticable getting to 50 as every pally around you has aggro constantly

and lets face it an aggroless pally is like a mace n shield friar
 
S

SoulFly Amarok

Guest
Originally posted by stafford
1 hole in the thrust pally idea

dex doesnt go up as you level
its strength const and piety

so you end up with around 90 strength and still the old 60/70 dex
its not that big a problem at 50 but it will be noticable getting to 50 as every pally around you has aggro constantly

and lets face it an aggroless pally is like a mace n shield friar

Paladins get CON/PIE/STR so you will get 15str from leveling to 50 \o/ and 29weap spec is just nuts, doesnt deal any damage ;U
 
D

Diddyman

Guest
OK, I'll respec at 20 to Slash :)

Yes this is my 2nd Pala, tried a S&S Armaman, but too boring :)

Diddy
 
D

Diddyman

Guest
Ok, I'll respec outa thrust at 40.

Some have argued that Dex is not high enough, well my lvl 50 pala has 157 dex with Aug Dex 2, and strength of 166 with Aug Strength 1.

Being a Saracen one would expect that at lvl 50 Dex would be (without any RAs) about 150.

Didds
 
A

andyr00barb

Guest
Respec to crush at 20 and slash at 40. I think you get 54 extra pts by autoing to 40. Amethyst slash is widely rated as one of the best anytime styles in the game, so a slash paladin is good (if conventional).
 
O

old.Isos

Guest
why on earth would anyone wanna lv up another char of the class???

and whats wrong with crush pallys? =)
Ive managed to keep Legion aggroed on to me and I dont even have any taunt styles, healchant works fine =)
 
T

Turamber

Guest
Originally posted by Diddyman
Yes this is my 2nd Pala, tried a S&S Armaman, but too boring :)


While I agree about arsemen (must be the most utterly boring character to play in the game) - why roll a second Paladin?

Roll up something Albion needs in RvR - a cleric, a sorcerer or an ice wizzie; or try rolling up something which is just plain fun for the battlegrounds like a minstrel or an infil.

I can -maybe- understand the desire to play a light tank (merc) but another of the same class??! Kinda bizarre :p
 
M

mirieth

Guest
Originally posted by Turamber



While I agree about arsemen (must be the most utterly boring character to play in the game) - why roll a second Paladin?

Roll up something Albion needs in RvR - a cleric, a sorcerer or an ice wizzie; or try rolling up something which is just plain fun for the battlegrounds like a minstrel or an infil.

I can -maybe- understand the desire to play a light tank (merc) but another of the same class??! Kinda bizarre :p

What about the guy who has 2 lv50 Minstrels :eek7:

...or am I mistaken... pretty sure, though!

and Armsmen aren't boring, just less interresting than Paladins :)
 
S

saijan_WarLord

Guest
Armsmen are boring to lvl, but not to RvR with.
 
S

Sagba

Guest
Originally posted by Turamber

While I agree about arsemen (must be the most utterly boring character to play in the game) - why roll a second Paladin?

Not much difference between S/S Pally and S/S Armsman really. Pallys have chants, they can ress and they have nice RA(FH). Yes, you can hit few more buttons than Armsman, but dont think it makes Pallys more fun to play than Armsman :)

S/S Pally= The best defensive tank in Albion.
Friar=The best offensive tank in Albion.

Still, I love to play my Armsman :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

D
Replies
10
Views
1K
osrim
O
L
Replies
51
Views
2K
pudzy
P
J
Replies
5
Views
378
I
O
Replies
22
Views
2K
T
T
Replies
41
Views
1K
Twaize
T
Top Bottom