Advice

Mey

Part of the furniture
Rightyo, awhile back I gave my main account away to someone (friend of a friend) who wanted to start playing the game (for free and he was the only user/player) now said account is being sold on eBay by said person.

Now I want to know what I can do to stop this happening I put quite a lot of work into that acc. (and I’m pretty sure it’s a Elder Title account too) and would rather not have some random eBay noob playing on it (not to mention me not getting any money for it!)

What I can do:

Prove first payment.
Have original opening email acc.
Have all the Cd-keys.
User names - subs & game

The chances of me getting my acc back are probably slim, so if its not do-able is there anyway of getting the acc. Perma banned?

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
For a start you sold your account out :twak:

I'd suggest you either:

a - Is the subs username still associated with your email addy? If it is you can go generate a new password at the Camelot-europe site, then go in and change you sub details. If not then

b - Go around his house and beat the crap out of him until he takes the auction down and gives you the acc. back

Personally, i think you're pretty busted on that one though - if he has changed all the acc details to his own and you can't generate a new password, i can't see how you'll get anything done to get it back.

You gave it away - not being harsh, but you can't expect much more. If you want the acc banned, Rightnow it for being auctioned. I know that very few auctioned accounts get banned, but dunno what else to suggest - soz :|

Mey

Part of the furniture
Rediknight said:
For a start you sold your account out :twak:

Well i didn't expect the twat to go and try and sell it on ebay.

Tilda

You're a berk for giving it to him.

RN the acc name, subs name.
CC first used(just number I think, dont give them enough to buy stuff), address first used.
Current address, emails used, current email address.
a list of all the CDkeys that belong to the account;
ie, initial game key, SI key, toa, catas, dr etc.

Send them that and they'll post you new passwords or usually do.
Be warned though, once accounts are traded, the slighest report often gets them banned.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Does traded inc. giving it to someone because you are not playing anymore?

Mey

Part of the furniture
"CC first used(just number I think, dont give them enough to buy stuff), address first used."

That may be abit hard seeing as i've had the game since it started - can provide names / type of card though.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Mey said:
Does traded inc. giving it to someone because you are not playing anymore?

if it's causing problems, yes.

Send them what you have.

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Mey said:
"CC first used(just number I think, dont give them enough to buy stuff), address first used."

That may be abit hard seeing as i've had the game since it started - can provide names / type of card though.
Go look at some old statements from about the time it was activated if you need the old CC number - that's assuming you keep your statements for you credit card? :m00:

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Couple of questions:

Have you allowed the change of email address on the subs? If not, apply for a new subs pass, this will stop him giving it out.

Do you have the subs pass / game pass, if so, change them asap.

Rightnow it asap, that should have been the first place to go, again as said before this isnt an official GOA forum, questions like this should be directed to the big guns for prompt action.

Lastly, if you do get your account back, keep it and come back n play, in this game the more the merrier!

Corran

Part of the furniture
Basically the easiest way to get this sorted is to change your passwords for starters... so go to the subscription part of the site and get that done..

If it is registered to your email account that not a problem, however if it is changed to their account (silly if you allowed that) then log on rightnow (game password and login)

then give them the following information

* First name & Last name
* The postal address registered on your profile.
* The Cd key number
* The Method of payment (VISA, ECMC, American Express, ELV, others...)
* The new mail address (never registered in the database)

This is the information required to change the email address anyways, which you should know unless you let him change all that information.. if you have then you will have to rely on

Subscription Login and CD keys.. and hope that they willing to help you out (they will ask more information but cant be sure what right now).

If you cant get into rightnow i think the email address to contact is subscriptions @ Goa . Com

In the end if you can provde the information you said you could at the start you should get the account back or banned.. depending on their mood

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
oh, it might be worth contacting Ebay too - inform them that the item is for sale illegally and ask if they can pull it? Dunno how ebay works, but if someone does actually give him the money for it before you get it sorted out thats a whole barrel of fish you don't want to go bobbing in :(

Hey Corran - hows you? Long time :D

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Rediknight said:
Dunno how ebay works, but if someone does actually give him the money for it before you get it sorted out thats a whole barrel of fish you don't want to go bobbing in :(

They are buying an item that's technically illegal. If they fork out the money for the account, then it gets banned/passswords changed, they really don't have a leg to stand on.
Much as if you buy a pirate DVD down the market place, your unlikely to be able to go to court to get your money back if it doesn't play when you get home.

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
ah cool, if thats the case - you just do not need long meetings with solicitors and sh*t like that if you get some over zealous bidder - tres borin' are solicitors :(

(disclaimer - i'm not saying all solicitors are boring, just the few i've met are... coma inducingly so... in fact a coma would seem a blessing after more than ten minutes in their company :m00: )

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i would recomend contacting goa asap. then contact ebay and say the following item is no longer for sale as its your account + leave feedback on that persons ebay account + forward the name of the person ebaying your account on to goa.

Tilda

Rediknight said:
(disclaimer - i'm not saying all solicitors are boring, just the few i've met are... coma inducingly so... in fact a coma would seem a blessing after more than ten minutes in their company :m00: )

:(~:(

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda - are you a solicitor? :eek:

I did say not ALL solicitors!! i just happen to know the most boring of the species - all they talk about is soliciting... no, that came out wrong... solicitations? I don't even know what i'm talking about anymore, i have the attention span of a chaffinch tonight :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom