Advice pls

E

Esoteric

Im thinking about getting PS cause it sounds like a hell of a lot of fun.

My PC Spec AMD XP 2000 (1.6gig), 512 Ram, Sapph Radeon Pro 128 Ram. 600k cable.

Will it run ok?

How should I initially spec, infiltration or into the lowest grunt weaponry?

And where are the daoc crew, heard Pheonix Legion were about somewhere.

Ta Eso

S

SilverHood

should run the game np

2 main daoc outfits,

SG, Sovereign guard, VS

And PL , Power levelelers, who play NC*

Spec wise... do whatever is fun.. you can kill people with almost any spec, tho the infil has had its day with everyone having Darklight Vision (like see hidden)

*might have the name of PL wrong

O

old.Tyraette

Originally posted by SilverHood
should run the game np

2 main daoc outfits,

SG, Sovereign guard, VS

Spec wise... do whatever is fun.. you can kill people with almost any spec, tho the infil has had its day with everyone having Darklight Vision (like see hidden)

Dont make me slap you Silver :p

done it before and will do it again :D

Aye, Phoenix Legion are on NC

If you like normal people, join NC. If you like ribenaberries, join VS :D

<huggles Angel>

C

.Cask

Yes that spec is fine unless the game decides that it doesn't like your PC as it has done with so many others.

In which case I hope you like tea because you've just aquired some expensive coasters.

O

old.ivan

should run the game np

2 main daoc outfits,

SG, Sovereign guard, VS

Pfft you are just jealous, Silver, admit it :) Phoenix Legion is a community by itself , and a rather mature one :p And i suppose having representation on every table of leaderboards is a milestone as well, considering our main playerbase is DaoC based. Phear teh PL !!!

PS: on teh other hand if you cant beat us .. join us :)

P

[PS]Venom

Same as SG really Ivan :p 99% DAOCers, and most hadn't ever played anything like counterstrike. I'm shocked we've been in the leaderboard since release day and are still slowly climbing :)

Being Vanu isn't that bad. You get the best looking Exo suit in the game and the most uber tank.

VS are really the underdogs at the moment, although things are getting a bit better.

Yea, your spec should be fine. The RAM will be the BIG help. :)

E

Esoteric

What viable specs are available to me initially.

P

[PS]Mung

Originally posted by Esoteric
What sviable pecs are available to me initially geese IM gonna be a noob eek.

Pardon me, I'm not sure what a sviable pec is, let alone what geese have go to do with it.

E

Esoteric

Geese?? its like cricky.

Btw you got nothing better to do than flame people for slight typos, think we have found another BW troll.

S

SilverHood

everything is available from the start, except advanced medic, and advanced hacking, and advanced engineering

if you do mess up, you can always respec

P

[PS]Venom

everything is available from the start, except advanced medic, and advanced hacking, and advanced engineering

if you do mess up, you can always respec

As far as I'm aware everything's available from the start?

Have a terran character who's a BR3 advanced engy..

As silver said, everything's available from the start. Go through the training to get BR3 which gives you 6 cert points. This allows you to get 2-3 skills :)

E

Esoteric

wow ok I will read the instruction manual when I get it, play.com are my chosen supplier. I'm praying I get it before this weekend (I can live in hope).

Ill look into the website as well to see what would be good. Im thinking of becoming one of the ribena bunch and venom would like to join SG if possible mate playing with other doac people will make me feel happy, always wanted to kill jupitus ;-)

S

Saturnine

Originally posted by old.ivan
Pfft you are just jealous, Silver, admit it :) Phoenix Legion is a community by itself , and a rather mature one :p And i suppose having representation on every table of leaderboards is a milestone as well, considering our main playerbase is DaoC based. Phear teh PL !!!

PS: on teh other hand if you cant beat us .. join us :)

I think that just goes to show how bad the rest of the Terran Republic are :p

(sorry that was cheap ;))

P

[PS]Mung

Originally posted by Esoteric
Geese?? its like cricky.

Btw you got nothing better to do than flame people for slight typos, think we have found another BW troll.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not really here to flame.
I would like to help this bloke, but it's quite hard to understand such a badly worded question.

I genuinely have no idea what he means by "What sviable pecs are available to me initially geese IM gonna be a noob eek. "

My reply was meant in humour, I had hoped it to be taken as such and maybe inspire the chap to reply with something I could understand and help with.
Pardon me if what he said is common parlance where you come from, but to me, it means very little and looks like a nonsensical statement the Spike Milligan would have written.

O

old.ivan

Originally posted by Saturnine
I think that just goes to show how bad the rest of the Terran Republic are :p

(sorry that was cheap ;))

Hehe i dont know just how bad Terran REpublic is but i knoiw just how good it is to be part of New Conglomerates Phoenix Legion :p

S

Saturnine

Hehe i dont know just how bad Terran REpublic is but i knoiw just how good it is to be part of New Conglomerates Phoenix Legion :p

Terran Republic / New Conglomerate
Tomatoe / Tomato

:p

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Phoenix Legion is a community by itself , and a rather mature one :p

Except for me, of course. :D

O

old.Tyraette

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
Except for me, of course. :D

and me and me!

i aer teh immature :p

If cheese is mature, im milk :p

O

old.ivan

Well, just like any society we [PL] do have anomalies.... ^^ :cool:

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by old.Tyraette
and me and me!

i aer teh immature :p

If cheese is mature, im milk :p

:clap: Hehehe

And Ivan - *sulks*
:p

E

Esoteric

Game I am hoping will be here before the weekend.

I'm going nutz now :).

Btw is VS the most underpopulated? Thats who I am joining anyway, technology and brains should always beat might and stupidity ;-).

T

the_smurflord

Nah VS are not the most underpopulated. Looking at the player numbers on-line of an evening all 3 realms hover between 30-35% of the total population (even if the figures often add up to only 98%). I've seen all 3 realms as the lowest on various evenings, it's all pretty balanced.
Doesn't really matter which you go for, as all 3 realms are pretty similar. I'd just go where you have friends you want to play alongside, that's what I did.

Users who are viewing this thread