Advice on skald spec?

S

shuko

Just rolled a skald for a dedicated pbae group thingy with my guild from exc / alb and dont really have a clue on skald spec and need some advice..

My thoughts are either:

50 sword
43 bs
2 parry

or:

44 weapontype
46 bs
17 parry

discuss :)

H

hoden

take the first one bud

50 weapon
make it sword ragnarok is great troll and norse are also best for the stn , however mine is a dorf :)

43 bs
if you doing a pbae then you wont need you dd for anything but to stop casters from casting and you get last speed song which is all you need

2 parry
with high realm rank items etc you can push this towards 20 , you job is taxi and caster killer so you should not be fighting tanks unless you have too , so give up on defence for extra damage you get from more skill in weapon , you can also do master of parry maybe as high as three once you have IP purge and master of pain etc , well worth the points as you have to do the aug dex to get master of pain , only reason to spec less weapon and more parry would be if you wanted the skald for a fair amount of Pvmob , and if thats what you wanted it for roll and warrior or a thane :)

hope that clears things up

S

shuko

thanks, and yes the chars will all be geared towards rvr

C

~Clarky~

im going 44axe/46bs on the skald in my pbaoe group(troll) - i find with Plague ( 2 handed) i can keep aggro if every tank has a mob to taunt , and when only 2 mobs come , i assist the main tank and spam evernight =]

I

insomnia

I am specced 44/46 and I think that was a misstake by me. Gonna get my hands on a respec stone and go 50 sword 43 bs. Then you get best speedsong and that is pretty much that matters. Besides..parry sooks in RvR at that low amount, I parry like once every week if I am happy :/

Don Svendo...we are coming for you!

O

old.Hardbein

imo:

50 sword
43 bs
2 parry

best spec for skald atm....

C

Cami

Originally posted by old.Hardbein
imo:

50 sword
43 bs
2 parry

best spec for skald atm....

sooo fotm, but still a nice spec imo ;)

in the old days skalds wouldnt even think about leaving the last dd and dam song out :)

Z

zapzap

In old days people wanted to have a skald in the group :p

Zapsi

K

kherny

40 sword +13
46 battlesong +13
25 parry+13 plus mop3

cant complain, I like to be different :)

S

shuko

thx guys, think ill go for the 50 sword option, and btw can anyone help me with a transfer from alb /exc to pryd / mid?

around 500g or so

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom