Advice on pala temp please =D

Zephyd

One of Freddy's beloved
I'm very new to this template making stuff but i've had a go.

It's budget style :D can't afford items in some templates i've seen and dont have the friends to farm them. hopeing to use it for rvr grping defensive pala.

Anyway, need some help with what i should improve on the following. +9 shield enough? +slash/parry important as defensive pala??? more thrust resist?

Stats
Str: 85
Con: 97
Dex: 80
Qui: 49
Hits: 352

Resists
Body: 28 Energy: 23 Crush: 29 (3)
Cold: 26 (5) Matter: 12 Thrust: 19
Heat: 24 Spirit: 25 Slash: 28 (2)

Skills
9 Shield
6 Slash
3 Parry

Cap Increases
5 Dexterity
168 Hits
18 Strength
25 Constitution
5 Quickness

Other Bonuses
7 Melee Damage
10 Melee Combat Speed
9 Style Damage
20 AF

ty in advance

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
need more matter resists imo

really hard to comment without the items, is sc done well, are items hard to get compared to result etc.

for rvr i guess all you want is to stay alive and BG-ing / slamming as much as possible so + hit and con would be good i guess. You put some effort to get str cap in, better get some + slash skill if it is wepaonskill you want, its more effective. And damage wise quicknes i rather important.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
matter resist isnt that bad imo. most warlocks are inactive since the nerf.
you said you want to do defensive pally(at least 3 times) but theres 7 melee, 9 style damage? and overcapped str? if you really want to be defensive drop these, get more qui and con/hits cap with maxed shield. imo.

Zephyd

One of Freddy's beloved
Thanks for the replies, i've messed around with it a bit more and come up with this:

Stats
Str: 93 Int: 0 Hits: 328
Con: 98 Pie: 0 Power: 0
Dex: 75 Cha: 0
Qui: 80 Emp: 0
Resists
Body: 26 Energy: 25 Crush: 30 (3)
Cold: 29 (5) Matter: 24 Thrust: 22
Heat: 26 Spirit: 25 Slash: 28 (2)
Skills
11 Shield
11 Slash
Other Bonuses
7 Melee Damage
10 AF
10 Melee Combat Speed

however this doesnt have SoM, how useful is that?

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
matter resist isnt that bad imo. most warlocks are inactive since the nerf.
you said you want to do defensive pally(at least 3 times) but theres 7 melee, 9 style damage? and overcapped str? if you really want to be defensive drop these, get more qui and con/hits cap with maxed shield. imo.

there are other spells than just warlock that use matter you know?

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
If you're going to be defencive paladin SoM is a must. There is no thing better in a defencive paladin template than SoM. Melee resists should be 24%+ imo with the new det5 coming up. AoM3 helps so magic resists could be good around 22-23%+. Unless you're gonna get very high det or purge2-3 you need to have high matter resist. Druids are always spamming root to interupt and a rooted tank is sht as you might end up being cut of from the battle for a very long time with no chance to do anything about it. If you're not using GoV in there you should use that to. Unless you're gonna solo alot then screw all that extra strength cap you have. You want more qui than str really as you might need it for spamming power leak / sapping strike, also it's nice for interupting casters or slamming the MA target.

Zephyd

One of Freddy's beloved
Arethir said:
If you're going to be defencive paladin SoM is a must. There is no thing better in a defencive paladin template than SoM. Melee resists should be 24%+ imo with the new det5 coming up. AoM3 helps so magic resists could be good around 22-23%+. Unless you're gonna get very high det or purge2-3 you need to have high matter resist. Druids are always spamming root to interupt and a rooted tank is sht as you might end up being cut of from the battle for a very long time with no chance to do anything about it. If you're not using GoV in there you should use that to. Unless you're gonna solo alot then screw all that extra strength cap you have. You want more qui than str really as you might need it for spamming power leak / sapping strike, also it's nice for interupting casters or slamming the MA target.

cheers for the advice!

i think i improved upon some of the things you mention in my second attempt.
80qui+10%speed is not too bad and 24%matter was certainly an improvement over the first temp.
I have GoV active anyway :D so i'll try and slot it into the template along with SoM.
melee resists... i assume you're talking about the thrust only being @22% - i figured that was fine seeing as its weak versus plate but it wont do me any harm to try and squeeze some more in ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom