Advice needed on armour / Weaps

V

vipr

When i get going on this game, im gonna create a scout/ranger/rifleman hybrid.

Got any advice or tips on wat type of armour and weaps i should look into?

Also any other info on miscellaneous equipment that may benefit this type of hybrid class would be great.

Txs all

:)

S

SilverHood

hehe, pretty much what I am :)

At the moment, the rifleman skill tree is pretty shite / bugged
Only the sniping tree is actually worth something... might change when they reasssess PvP damage, but as it is, PvP lasts less than a minute in a 1 vs 1, and you don't have time for any fancy shots. In PvE, you don't have time for fancy stuff anyway.

Scout - good choice, might have to solo a lot, as everyone wants some scout xp these days. Might be hard getting camp xp too, damn slow stuff... should change with patch

Ranger, same as above.. I'm planning on mastering the creature knowldge tree, and just leaving the rest.

At the same time though, you'll want to grab novice medic and novice entertainer as soon as you have the money... they save a lot of downtime when soloing, and you can always drop them later if you need to. Being able to heal your own wounds is extremely handy, as you can buy good woundbacks from master medics and use them with just novice medic.
Entertainer fixes mind wounds.. need this when using rifle, because if you have mind damage, your mind bar drains faster than water in desert.

Armor wise - I'd say don't bother unless you're PvPing
For PvP, I'd get a top set of bone armor, with 20% or more in energy resist.

Weapons - get a decent DLT20 as soon as you can... thats ~5-6 speed, 100-180dmg

You'll want a crafting kit, and survey kit, so it's probably easier to start of as an artisan... and then buy the novice scout and novice marksman skills..... some traps require metal, and surveying is handy, since you need inorganics to make the basic stimpacks too.

:)

V

vipr

Great replies there silverhood, txs alot. ;)

Gonna keep the scout and ranger professions and think i may drop the rifle spec line then and choose an alternative. Anymore suggestions on a viable alternatives would be nice, bearing in mind i wanna keep the character orientated towards combat.

S

SilverHood

if you want to be able to kill stuff, you'll need to become either pistoleer, rifleman or carabineer

I like rifleman for the RP thing.. tho pistols are deffo better in the current version

S

Serbitar

CM 4tehwin !!11

AoE non-LoS Mind poison muahahah

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom