advice needed for CD-RW software

X

xane

I've been using my original CD-RW software of Adaptec DirectCD and EasyCD for ages, ever since I installed my first CD-RW (HP 8200), I kept the software even when I upgraded the CD-RW drive (Ricoh MP9060A) and it worked fine, even though I had Nero 4 and InCD supplied.

When I tried swapping to InCD I found that (a) it was unhappy co-existing with DirectCD and (b) it would not read the previous CD-RW volumes correctly.

DirectCD now stands at version 2.5d (with patch 1.02), I can't upgrade any higher unless I buy something.

I recently transferred the CD-RW to another machine, and I re-installed DirectCD and EasyCD, and upgraded them, the CD copier software works a treat on Audio CDs, but when I tried my first CD-RW on this machine it would not format it, I now have two expensive coasters.

I don't mind swapping again to another software package as I no longer need to read to old CD-RWs, so, the question is which CD-RW software is the better ?

I want to copy Data and Audio CDs, I want to create Audio CDs from WAV/MP3 and I want to use the CD-RW as a drop and drag disk too (for backup).

TIA

O

old.GateKeeper

Nero is the best CD writing software available. www.ahead.de

In my opinon Packet writing stuff is over rated now because most people have the capacity to store 700Mb of data on their HDDs before mastering a normal disc. The ability to multi-session CDs means that now you can almost have all the benefits of Packet writting without the hassle.

Also the overhead of the packet writing is a little excessive.

If you really want a packet writing software the i have found that Direct CD is the most informative and easy to use but getting it to work with Nero can be a bitch.

/my $0.02

GAteKeeper

O

old.blackcow

padus diskjuggler would be my current favourite, followed closely by nero burning rom.

both of which do not support the directcd thing afaik.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom