Adventure mode vs build mode,

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
We've had this discussion a LOT in game, with my feet firmly palced in the "let creepers blow me"...err...my stuff...i mean,...you know what i mean! Yes, creepersex. Betting there's the rule thing around.

Anyway, here's the proposition;

Leave northland(old worlds) as they were, no creeper explosions, TNT works in mines, endermen nerfed etc.

Leave the NEW world as it should be(*coughbiascough*), with creepers blowing up the world, tnt working anywhere, endermen being annoying gits and all that.

Basically, make the old worlds peaceful and the new world vanilla.

Add mods for spice and voila, food for the carnivores and the hippies :p

I think this would, if possible to set different rules for worlds, suit everyone and make everyones stay equally fun in Frehottia.

Ah yes, forgot to mention that in adventure mode you should only have the bed to spawn at, no pw and stargates for personal networks.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I agree, if possible ofc!

However, if its "either or" then purely for the longevity of the game then it should be build mode. The "adventure" part of mine craft is pretty dire tbh. Getting blown up is hardly adventure and neither is having stupid mobs taking odd blocks off your buildings, it's not as if endemen offer any sort of challenge anyway, two whacks from a sword and they die, they are just a grief mob and Notch has even said that it was a mistake to make them in their current form.

Most people play for the building, not for the getting blown up by mobs.

On an aside, imo the more Notch takes it away from the sandbox "hippy" building game that it is then the less people will play it. It isn't and never can be an adventure game, the combat isn't close to being deep enough. The ai is too stupid to bother using the scenery or traps etc to kill.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I've always disliked the notion of "most people play just to build" as it's a bit of a generalisation and an unfair point to make towards a peaceful server.

For example to me it's the combination of building and the fear of the creepers etc that makes it fun.

Imagine if we took out fire, you couldn't burn down your wooden tower because it's not "fun" and would ruin hours of work. Wouldn't that take away something from the game? Not much, but still, it removes from the overall essense.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It's not really a generalisation. while I have only really been back playing for a few weeks. In this period and the period I played before, the vast majority of players where building stuff, with the odd foray out to get supplies/explore.

It would be better if both groups could be catered for, like you say, leave Northland as it is and Adventure land as it is.
If that is not possible then I think the majority would rather have the Northland ruleset, new biomes would generate the new mines/towns etc but it would be safe and worthwhile to build projects.

Maybe time for some sort of poll?

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I will see into it, but I know most of the guys here play Minecraft for the building. Even tho, we all enjoy gathering out resources, the fewest of us enjoys a random creeper blowing up parts of our wall etc.

But hopefully I can make different rules apply on the different world!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's not really a generalisation. while I have only really been back playing for a few weeks. In this period and the period I played before, the vast majority of players where building stuff, with the odd foray out to get supplies/explore.

It would be better if both groups could be catered for, like you say, leave Northland as it is and Adventure land as it is.
If that is not possible then I think the majority would rather have the Northland ruleset, new biomes would generate the new mines/towns etc but it would be safe and worthwhile to build projects.

Maybe time for some sort of poll?

Yeah it came out wrong, i meant more of a minecraft playerbase in general :p

And as always, i don't have to like the ruleset to live with the ruleset, so i'm cool with anything.

Have to see what Cho there can make happen.

On a related note, is mocreatures possible as a general mod? Would certainly add to the adventure mode if there were ogres and werewolves :p

Chosen

Resident Freddy
mocreatures only works on singleplayer. For it to work on multiplayer, everyone would need to install the package!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oh right, damn. We need some kind of a launchbatch.bat ;)

DjSatansfury

Regular Freddie
See I told you I wasnt the only one who thought this Toht. Raven pretty much has it bang on.

Although to be honest, it hasnt been that bad playing vanilla. Just the fucking creepers are a bit of a ballache. That and a lack of PW's would nack it all up for me like (Although I realise cho is reducing them)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah i knew you're not the only one, goes both ways ;)

Reason for the thread really, try to cater as much with as little trouble as possible. Personal stargates might work as a replacer for the PW in the new world, but i understand that people would, at the very least, need a transfer time to get their old stuff out before changing the PW system to either a very limited one, or the gate one.

Reason for the PW removal/dramatic reduction comes from the server getting pooholed with many PWs going on.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Creepers are part of the minecraft experience imo, however you play

Endermen are annoying though!

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
could prob deal with it if we had /btb active but as it stands think im just gonna wait till northland comes back :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Endermen can just go fuck off, i've lit my entire area up used about 120 torches and the cunts still spawn in the light. Floating house is starting to alot more appealing again I tell you that much.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well i'm all for creepers having their ability to blow up your work removed, same as endermen with picking up player placed bricks. If I wanted survival i'd be playing other games like FPS or MMO's, I play minecraft to pass time and also to satisfy my creative urges, not train to be the next bear grylls.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I will add Northland tonight again, even tho the structures from Southland have not been added yet! Just have to wait for my fiancèe to fall asleep, as she is tired of me spending the entire nights to fix things on the server xD

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Chloroform works well!

You're a leg-end Cho, thanks for the work :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Oh, a fight back against Endermen is double slabs, they can't move them. Doubles up the materials needed but it works apparently, just need it on the first 2, maybe 3 levels of any building.

Will ruin the aesthetics of some builds but it's a work around. Nothing you can do about them making forests look shit.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Keep cool raven, they will be removed soon ;)

Cho i really need to learn more about the server stuff, apologies for being a tad too busy to do it. Would be great to help you out and keep your girl pleased. Hardihar :D

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I can probably spare a little time too, though my knowledge of server jiggery pokery is pretty limited.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Heh yeah the basic server checking, whitelisting whatnot is simple enough. But when we get into the combining of worlds and other godly features that aren't hands on, block by block(my favorite method :D), i get a bit o_O

Then again, i could just take away all the whitelisting etc from cho and laeve him with the big picture. Two people trying to stick mods and world editing in might cause more problems then solutions :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom