Addons

W

Will

Russian Winter Addon Pack

That link can only mean one thing...pending disaster, we will have addons available on one of the servers. Its a fairly large download at about 41MB, if any modem users want a copy snail-mailed out, get in touch with me on IRC.

Missions to take advantage are being added at the moment, and I suggest having a look on the FTP for some of the larger missions, to save long waits on the server.

W

Will

A few tasters

winternogojev1.jpg

winternogojev2.jpg

winternogojev3.jpg

winternogojev4.jpg

winternogojev5.jpg

W

Will

I can't believe that 2nd screenshot is a game.:)

Time to get those graphics cards working harder.

L

legendario

Looks pretty sweet.

Well I have managed to get a copy of resistance, so you should all fear the mess my blood will make of the snow :)

G

Gumbo

Wednesday is Gumbo OFP Download Day, you are all required to wear hats and badges to support this occasion.

I will download everything I can find on my trusty 64k connection in an effort to stop the delays I am causing for you other peeps.

*deep breath*

I'm going into the mirky world of the BW FTP amongst other places, wish me luck!

W

Will

Good idea...one of the missions is over 3MB, and given the rate the server sends missions at, I think downloading it from the FTP would be a good idea.

Add the missions to your MPMissions folder, and addons to...your AddOns folder.

T

throdgrain

ive tried to download that add on about 20 times , I just get page cannot be displayed. I tried to download the q3 threewave stuff from BW yesterday, it just hung for ages.
Fucking useless tbh :/

W

Will

Are you sure you've logged into Barrysworld?

I'd go for something more complicated, but I've done it myself so many times...

<Will> Deathace, I can't connect to the servers
<Deathace> They seem fine to me
<Will> I'm an idiot, I did it again

T

throdgrain

Oh well its working now, not cos anything changed I just clicked it for the 21st time :(
The Q3 thing I wanted was a link from another website. Saw BW , thought oo thats handy.
Not of course ....

W

Will

Its working now, be happy.:)

And I think a few missions tonight are called for.

T

throdgrain

How do I run it on me own pc btw Will ? You know so I can have a look around ?

W

Will

I don't know how tbh, I'd assume Multiplayer, then create new game, and go from there.

D

Deady

Go to mission editor throd.

Select the Winter island...place a west jeep...and off you go :)

Youll start as driver and can just cruise around.

T

throdgrain

Mmmm, there is no island called that in my mission editor, or in my multiplayer screen. I unzipped it into Add-ons, thats right isn't it ?

W

Will

No Throd, I made the zip with full paths, so you aim it at your main Operation Flashpoint directory. You'll have a folder called Addons in your Addons folder, you can manage the rest I think.;)

Gumbo and I had a few games last night, and I love the winter missions. Right down to the snow-camo vehicles and sniper rifles. I even managed to drive a UAZ through those telegraph polls that look like /|.

And the northern lights look gorgeous twinkling in the sky, looking up through the falling snow.

W

Will

Easy to fix. Stop complaining and get it sorted so we can play. You'll really like it.

T

throdgrain

Co-op missions ?? (he said cautiously )

Well sod it Ill give it a go :)

T

throdgrain

Originally posted by Will.

Add the missions to your MPMissions folder, and addons to...your AddOns folder.

Ahh yes , this is what may have confused me btw :)

*Stops complaining now.

Ive had a bad couple of days tbh, bloody central heating gone wrong , all sorts . Ahh well, back to normal now :)

W

Will

Ok, I feel a little guilty now. Not a lot, but a tiny bit.

They are mostly co-op missions, though there is one Capture and Hold mission. They are a bit better than CTF.;)

O

orbski

hello

well, OK.. ya got me..

i love ofp, played the first campaign till it hurt (6 months it took me, in between throwing toys outta pram cos i couldnt do it) and only started playing online properlybecause of the [RA] crowd a few weeks ago (/me waves at deady, exxie, sluh, pak etc)

HAD to subscribe.. this has gotta be worth the fee on its own :)

played winter tonight... very nice.. cant wait for more !

see ya online

W

Will

Nice one, I saw you post in #bwofp, but never got any reply. Good to see things are going well.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom